Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:58:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now bitcoin $470  (Read 1848 times)
Nobitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:42:20 AM

Since this time round it peaked at $520. How long will it drop now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:45:28 AM

depends on how important the chinese bitcoin enthusiasts  feel about not being able to use banks to xfer fiat to a bitcoin exhchange

people that are already into bitcoin ...prob not a big deal they will use a future work around

people NEW to bitcoin...er not so sure...myself if I was new to bitcoin this year from the press i've heard i'd run far far away....

so don't know...do people 'get' bitcoin...or are the 'masses' clueless and will kill the idea thru non-action

we will be the first to know! (heh)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:01:30 AM

Quick Answer... Nobody knows.

Anyone can speculate.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:52:25 AM

depends on how important the chinese bitcoin enthusiasts  feel about not being able to use banks to xfer fiat to a bitcoin exhchange
I think you missed a few words. It should read:

"depends on how important the non-chinese bitcoin speculators imagine about how important the chinese bitcoin enthusiasts  feel about not being able to use banks to xfer fiat to a bitcoin exhchange"
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:12:18 AM

It will rise again, just not as fast as nov/dec
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:13:25 AM

people that are already into bitcoin ...prob not a big deal they will use a future work around

people NEW to bitcoin...er not so sure...myself if I was new to bitcoin this year from the press i've heard i'd run far far away....

so don't know...do people 'get' bitcoin...or are the 'masses' clueless and will kill the idea thru non-action

we will be the first to know! (heh)

Searing

People who are new to bitcoin will follow the mass or more intelligent people will gather all needed information about bitcoin their selfs and will do decisions on their own.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:16:38 AM

It will rise again, just not as fast as nov/dec

Yes, i'm almost sure this is not 2-3 days question. We will see bitcoin situation in atleast 2 weeks , there still might be bad hits for the price but it recovers.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 07:18:25 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 07:34:44 AM by Beliathon

People who are new to bitcoin will follow the mass or more intelligent people will gather all needed information about bitcoin their selfs and will do decisions on their own.
That's correct!

Yes, i'm almost sure this is not 2-3 days question. We will see bitcoin situation in atleast 2 weeks
2-3 years before we will see "the situation" for what it really is. (hint: santa = fiat)

In all seriousness though, here's what's really going down.

P.S.
SPOILER ALERT

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:37:37 AM

Until the Mt Gox situation gets clearer. A lot of Bitcoins (200,000) at stake. Any public or private auction can destroy the exchange rates. I am also waiting for the Japanese court decision.
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:47:51 AM

Until the Mt Gox situation gets clearer. A lot of Bitcoins (200,000) at stake. Any public or private auction can destroy the exchange rates. I am also waiting for the Japanese court decision.

Those coins are already in circulation (they are under the control of someone), so I don't see what effect any decision by the Japanese court could have?

Unless you are actually speculating that the Japanese court could order those 200kBTC seized and auctioned off and whoever holds them now would actually comply with that? Because that line of speculation seems quite fantastical to me. In fact it seems like three fantastical outcomes in series, so fantastical cubed.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 07:56:46 AM

The exchange rate damage from Mt. Gox has already been done, and then amplified further by a suspiciously well-coordinated newsmedia blitz.

Bitcoin still stands.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:15:06 AM

Those coins are already in circulation (they are under the control of someone), so I don't see what effect any decision by the Japanese court could have?

I was not talking about the stolen Gox coins. I was referring about the remaining coins within Mt Gox. They will soon be seized by the Japanese authorities and then auctioned.
grifferz

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:28:11 AM

I was not talking about the stolen Gox coins. I was referring about the remaining coins within Mt Gox.

So was I. Someone already has access to them hence they are still in circulation. There isn't even any indication that Karpeles has been told not to move those 200kBTC by the administrator. Nothing at all to show that they have any interest in the Bitcoin assets of MtGox at all.

They will soon be seized by the Japanese authorities and then auctioned.

That sounds highly unlikely to me.

Would you like to have a small wager on it not happening?

Let's say 0.1BTC says that the 200k MtGox bitcoins are not seized and auctioned by the Japanese authorities any time in 2014. To be verified by a transaction on the blockchain showing at least 200kBTC being paid to somewhere, and a corresponding public statement from the Japanese authorities describing how the auction will take place then that auction being publicly shown to have taken place? Payable on Jan 1st 2015?
cosmofly

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:20:24 AM

They will sell the coins slowly not one shot

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:48:20 AM

I think you missed a few words. It should read:

"depends on how important the non-chinese bitcoin speculators imagine about how important the chinese bitcoin enthusiasts  feel about not being able to use banks to xfer fiat to a bitcoin exhchange"

yeah that way thingy you said above.....(i be sooooo articulate NOT!)

yeah the above pretty much covers it

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:53:13 AM

That's correct!

Yes, i'm almost sure this is not 2-3 days question. We will see bitcoin situation in atleast 2 weeks
2-3 years before we will see "the situation" for what it really is. (hint: santa = fiat)

In all seriousness though, here's what's really going down.

P.S.
SPOILER ALERT

Mega +1

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:11:10 AM

So was I. Someone already has access to them hence they are still in circulation. There isn't even any indication that Karpeles has been told not to move those 200kBTC by the administrator. Nothing at all to show that they have any interest in the Bitcoin assets of MtGox at all.

I am a little bit confused. The statement was that they recovered some BTC200,000 from an offline wallet. At that time, Mt Gox was under a lock down. So no one could have moved the coins. At least let us hope so.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:26:56 AM

Absolutely right ^^^^^. They DID find 200K coins in an OLD wallet they forgot about. Makes you wonder how many other wallets they forgot. Simple fact is, they (MTGOX) never lost coins through hackers, only by insider thieves who've already sold most of the coins.THAT was the reason for finally going belly-up, the milk train had run out of milk.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:28:26 AM

Absolutely right ^^^^^. They DID find 200K coins in an OLD wallet they forgot about. Makes you wonder how many other wallets they forgot. Simple fact is, they (MTGOX) never lost coins through hackers, only by insider thieves who've already sold most of the coins.THAT was the reason for finally going belly-up, the milk train had run out of milk.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:48:07 PM

Simple fact is, they (MTGOX) never lost coins through hackers, only by insider thieves who've already sold most of the coins.THAT was the reason for finally going belly-up, the milk train had run out of milk.

Something does not sounds right. How can someone steal 850,000 BTC, without anyone noticing anything? It would have taken weeks, if not months to steal all the bitcoins from the hundreds of wallets.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: