Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:12:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is the best name/brand for a Bitcoin card?  (Voting closed: January 17, 2012, 06:42:11 PM)
Coinpaks - 2 (8.3%)
Cryptopaks - 1 (4.2%)
Coin Codes - 0 (0%)
Crypto Codes - 0 (0%)
Bit-Notes - 2 (8.3%)
Bit-Card - 15 (62.5%)
Crypto-Cards - 0 (0%)
Other (they all suck) - 4 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which of the following is the best name/brand for a Bitcoin card?  (Read 1488 times)
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 06:42:11 PM

I am looking in the coming month to launch product that would be an alternative to BitBills (defunct ?).

I could use some feedback in securing a good name/brand/domain.  The product would be a Bitcoin stored value card w/ protected private key for offline usage.  It would also provide a convenient way to purchase Bitcoins by credit card albeit with the requirement for physical delivery. 

A good brand, good name and good domain should all compliment each other.  I am looking for a name which embodies the intent/purpose of the product.  Potential names are limited by availability of domains.  Since this would be primarily an online business a high quality (easy to remember, easy to type, common TLD, etc) domain is essential.

The following domains are only available hyphenated (which I dislike for obvious reasons):
crypto-cards
bit-codes
bit-card
bit-notes

I am really leaning towards Coinpaks or Coin Codes.

P.S. Don't waste time trying to hijack the domains I already registered them. Smiley

If you have an alternative idea post it in the thread or PM privately.  I will pay 5 BTC for an alternate idea I use. 

I am interested in any constructive feedback.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 06:45:34 PM

I like coinpaks myself.  Simple name, simple domain, kind of get a free ride off the moneypak name... it's good all around.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 06:47:49 PM

I voted for bit card,  but I must say that coinpak piggybacking on moneypak may have more/easier legs.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 06:59:40 PM

nerdnote
cocoin
mathemagic
or something silly binary; like  10101.com which you could aliase as wanowanowan.com Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 07:29:11 PM

At first read, this may come across as corny. But I'm suggesting it nonetheless--FRED, or any other real person's name. Personalize it! Years ago, I remember a spot on the radio advertising Bob's Bank. I don't recall if it was a real bank or not, but it stuck with me through all these years. And you don't have to call it the FRED Card--simply Fred. Or Herb (maybe not herb  Wink). Or FRANK.

Teller: You paying with cash, credit or Nick?
Purchaser: Nick.
Teller: (2 seconds later without even presenting the card that's still in his pocket, wallet or purse) Thank you for your purchase. Have a great day, John.
Purchaser: You're welcome, bud. You, too.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:35:10 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2012, 07:50:04 PM by farfiman

What will it physically look like?  a credit card?   something like the pimpcoin thingy?

edit: it seems bitbills is alive and kicking..even have a new website.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 08:27:08 PM

What will it physically look like?  a credit card?   something like the pimpcoin thingy?

Standard credit card size.  Full color image on front, QR codes and hologram protected private key on the back.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 08:43:31 PM

Hey - I own TheBitcoinCard.com and "The Bitcoin Card" is a great brand name for what you're doing.

I'll sell it for 5 btc if interested.
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 09:51:43 PM

Hey - I own TheBitcoinCard.com and "The Bitcoin Card" is a great brand name for what you're doing.

I'll sell it for 5 btc if interested.

I may not use it but if I decide to go w/ bit-card I may purchase it "defensively".  I will let you know by PM.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: