Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:39:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: someone PLEASE confirm that NAS is a joke or test  (Read 3532 times)
williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:01:11 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 07:17:36 AM by williamevanl

Can someone confirm that NAS is just a test or joke of some kind and not something purposefully done by members of the development team at NXT? I see Graviton has added it to dgex and I worry that this might all just be a ridiculous joke at this point. Why are the biggest supporters of NXT supporting shitty copies of NXT? (with silly distributions).

I've been a bit of cheerleader for NXT but if this is part of the plan forward I've got to just get out of this thing. Also, NAS should crash like nothing we've seen before, a clone that was distributed to almost nobody... for what? Congrats, you've made it a fucking circus.

crimealone

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:34:03 AM

Because the first exchange got 100 million nascoins. Because most of these people just care about money other than the coin itself. This coin's first launch was locked.
Some People said that nas's progress was faster than nxt. I don't think so. Maybe some big guy of nxt are behind NAS.  But it's just a clone and its holders have already prepared to dump it. If you want to play pump & dump game, then buy it. But most of people just lose money in this greedy game.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
QBTC

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:49:04 PM

I see Graviton has added it to dgex and I worry that this might all just be a ridiculous joke at this point.

DGEX is poised to become a multi-currency exchange. Adding NAS was probably more motivated by the vision of expanding DGEX than 1 million NAS. I expect we will see more currencies added to the exchange in the near future.
cryptnutter

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:10:05 PM

Don't group NEM with NAS because NEM is being written from scratch. It is not a NXT clone like NAS is.

galaxy

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:33:14 PM

Can someone confirm that NAS is just a test or joke of some kind and not something purposefully done by members of the development team at NXT? I see Graviton has added it to dgex and I worry that this might all just be a ridiculous joke at this point. Why are the biggest supporters of NXT supporting shitty copies of NXT? (with silly distributions).

I've been a bit of cheerleader for NXT but if this is part of the plan forward I've got to just get out of this thing. Also, NAS should crash like nothing we've seen before, a clone that was distributed to almost nobody... for what? Congrats, you've made it a fucking circus.

I just looked into the NAS and it is a clone/fork of Nxt.

NEM is being developed from the ground floor, written from scratch as they say.

I have concluded that it is nothing like NAS from the research I have conducted.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:59:47 PM

NAS has (almost) bugger all to do with the NXT community.
The NAS guys have upset plenty of people within NXT, to say the least. And that distribution.......

TBH: A lot of NXT guys/girls/whatevers signed up for a free share of NAS, like a lot of other people, but NAS is in no way affiliated with the NXT core community.

As for my own personal position, I signed up for a free share, then received an insane amount of NAS from the founders.
So if NAS goes large, I will make a fortune. But I still can't/won't give my total support to NAS. If the NAS guys start to do something serious with it and actually give me the feeling that this is more than a get-rich-quick scheme, then I'll get on board. Right now, I'm on the fence, despite my large NAS pile.

TLDR version:
NAS is not NXT, really. 
Give NAS some time, see what the NAS crew actually do with it.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Jean-Luc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 06:07:52 PM

In my capacity of lead Nxt developer, I can assure you that no core Nxt developer is supporting the scamcoin called NAS.

NAS is a pump and dump coin. It has nothing new to offer. Even calling it a clone or fork would be a compliment they don't deserve, because it is not, it is a quick and dirty copy and paste job. And believe me, it is dirty - I actually took the time to look at the source, out of curiosity what they did with my code.

NAS have taken a test version of the new Nxt UI, developed by Wesley, which was not yet ready for production use - but they don't care, it is a get rich quick scheme, nevermind that it is other people's money this software is supposed to handle. They have also based their release on a Nxt version with a known critical vulnerability, which was fixed in Nxt long ago.

The NAS marketing guys are aggressively trying to bribe various people in the Nxt community with "giveaways". This is a thinly veiled attempt to make their "software" appear sanctioned by the Nxt community. They have also approached me with a similar offer of a generous donation, but I am ignoring it, because I do not want my name to be associated with this blatant scam.

Never confuse copy and paste jobs like NAS with legitimate Nxt alternatives. NEM and NXTL are trying to innovate and improve on the ideas brought by Nxt, they are apparently re-writing and re-designing everything from the ground up, and will be a healthy competition to Nxt. So they have my respect. But NAS... I hope I made myself clear.

lead Nxt developer, gpg key id: 0x811D6940E1E4240C
Nxt blockchain platform | Ardor blockchain platform | Ignis ICO
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:20:03 PM

End of topic. Well done everyone.
Eadeqa

Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:04:08 PM

NAS have taken a test version of the new Nxt UI, developed by Wesley, which was not yet ready for production use - but they don't care, it is a get rich quick scheme, nevermind that it is other people's money this software is supposed to handle. They have also based their release on a Nxt version with a known critical vulnerability, which was fixed in Nxt long ago.

I never invested a penny in NAS, but the developer claimed it was based on 8.12 if I remember correctly.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
JacksonHu

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:05:44 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 11:33:38 AM by JacksonHu

Nas has become a scam not only because the Nas guys just copied and pasted the Nxt code and the client code but also because they and their marketing mislead people with false information to make people believe that Nxt dev team were behind the Nas project. Nxt dev team was never behind Nas.

one of their tricks was giving away lots of Nascoin to a guy who also was running Nxt nodes with nxtcrypto.org domain name. Then this guy set up Nas nodes with Nas.nxtcrypto.org which Nas guys used to mislead and show people that Nas was backed by Nxt team, especially in the Chinese market. For instance, with a picture of Nas.nxtcrpto.org, they wrote their slogan as - "NAS is from Nxt team, as nodes give you all the info". It totally was a lie and misleading.

Nxt team and core devs have claimed that nxtcrypto.org was owned by one individual person and not belong to and backed by Nxt team. It was pure an ordinary individual activity motivated by large Nascoins giveaway ant this person is not in Nxt core team.

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 09:22:32 PM

NASty SCAMMERS!

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 09:39:20 PM

Seems interesting as a pure clone in an experimental way.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
GodfatherX

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:29:31 AM

You are free to clone because it is open source code. But you are not free to cheat and mislead people.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:59:20 AM

You are free to clone because it is open source code. But you are not free to cheat and mislead people.

Good clone... Bad Clone - you decide...

In my capacity of lead Nxt developer, I can assure you that no core Nxt developer is supporting the scamcoin called NAS.

NAS is a pump and dump coin. It has nothing new to offer. Even calling it a clone or fork would be a compliment they don't deserve, because it is not, it is a quick and dirty copy and paste job. And believe me, it is dirty - I actually took the time to look at the source, out of curiosity what they did with my code.

The NAS marketing guys are aggressively trying to bribe various people in the Nxt community with "giveaways". This is a thinly veiled attempt to make their "software" appear sanctioned by the Nxt community. They have also approached me with a similar offer of a generous donation, but I am ignoring it, because I do not want my name to be associated with this blatant scam.

Never confuse copy and paste jobs like NAS with legitimate Nxt alternatives. NEM and NXTL are trying to innovate and improve on the ideas brought by Nxt, they are apparently re-writing and re-designing everything from the ground up, and will be a healthy competition to Nxt. So they have my respect. But NAS... I hope I made myself clear.

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:02:01 AM

Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
yshuifejng

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:49:36 AM

market speculation is not can control.

I like free distribution      CoolCoin - Free+IPO POS. CJ5pCML7uAMDvgT514pwFvwB1ZzvxeoNPF  TheSmurfsCoin. TZxXFT6CJ8p7LHSaM8mWQtqveejzvpEusu       [ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO       Get GiveawayCoin(GC)? (Free 100%NO IPO NO POW,PURE POS. G*********      ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution.   Let's flower the moon.     Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution    FootballCoin(FBC):FXf6Xy5hof6GJZZhC9B5TkBi7kKKojusde   Freebiescoin- 100% Free Distribution.       Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO).
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:44:41 AM

because NXT does not make money anymore for them

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:32:49 PM

Nxt and all other clones is a waste of time and money. They open whole another level on premine and centralization.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:19:50 PM

because NXT does not make money anymore for them

Might be hard to get the point here, but NAS is not supported or created by the NXT community or dev team.
I have no frigging idea who is running NAS, but they are not helping NXT in the least.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
koop4u

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:20:15 PM

Thank you for supporting NXT Lite, at the moment we are still in your shadow but with time, will grow! And i promise to give you a hard time!

Thumbs up for a fair competition!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: