Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:22:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: someone PLEASE confirm that NAS is a joke or test  (Read 3532 times)
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 08:56:23 PM

I see Graviton has added it to dgex and I worry that this might all just be a ridiculous joke at this point.

DGEX is poised to become a multi-currency exchange. Adding NAS was probably more motivated by the vision of expanding DGEX than 1 million NAS. I expect we will see more currencies added to the exchange in the near future.

The above poster mentioned that it was 100 million Nas to be given away to Dgex. it is 1% of Nas. I am afraid people will call it bribery. It is very bad for Dgex to do so. Remember that btc-e never get recovered from Nova's bribery even btc-e claimed that they destroyed the Novacoins they received free.

+1

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GCInc.

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 09:41:35 PM

100 million NAS was the reward for DGEX. It was a public offer that DGEX seized in order to test multi currency trading and market dynamics of a "live" NXT based crypto.

I don't personally consider the NAS team very technically nor strategically adept, however it is the first successfully launched NXT clone and serves a purpose there, even if controversial. Everyone should have seen it coming. POW has had the Chinese cloners for years, so now they're onto it with the other algos. You cannot stop it. Go with it or whine along. You cannot make rules to adjust survival of the fittest. It's called evolution.

DGEX is expanding operations to support multiple Gen 2 currencies. Testing "play money" was very welcome. DGEX shareholders benefit from the sales of the DGEX NAS reward and increased trading fees income. Experimental NAS market benefits from liquidity that would otherwise exist on another exchanger or OTC. If you want to expedite termination of the least fit contestants in the crypto evolution, don't buy NAS. Better yet, dump it to death if you wish. Or buy like a maniac or create services that take the blatant clone to the moon. That's the spirit of the times and rare are the gullible victims who shall step into this game.

repusey2014

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:27:31 AM

In my capacity of lead Nxt developer, I can assure you that no core Nxt developer is supporting the scamcoin called NAS.

NAS is a pump and dump coin. It has nothing new to offer. Even calling it a clone or fork would be a compliment they don't deserve, because it is not, it is a quick and dirty copy and paste job. And believe me, it is dirty - I actually took the time to look at the source, out of curiosity what they did with my code.

NAS have taken a test version of the new Nxt UI, developed by Wesley, which was not yet ready for production use - but they don't care, it is a get rich quick scheme, nevermind that it is other people's money this software is supposed to handle. They have also based their release on a Nxt version with a known critical vulnerability, which was fixed in Nxt long ago.

The NAS marketing guys are aggressively trying to bribe various people in the Nxt community with "giveaways". This is a thinly veiled attempt to make their "software" appear sanctioned by the Nxt community. They have also approached me with a similar offer of a generous donation, but I am ignoring it, because I do not want my name to be associated with this blatant scam.

Never confuse copy and paste jobs like NAS with legitimate Nxt alternatives. NEM and NXTL are trying to innovate and improve on the ideas brought by Nxt, they are apparently re-writing and re-designing everything from the ground up, and will be a healthy competition to Nxt. So they have my respect. But NAS... I hope I made myself clear.

We've never denied that we're using NXT open source & wesley's UI, we said that NAS is a fork of NXT with sum innovation (chatroom,dgs,multigateway,dice,etc.).
Do honor to NXT community, we're donate them, not bribes. No one to help us solve technical problems, somebody use duplicate hash transactions ATTACK ur NAS blockchain few days ago. but we fixed the issues finally. I think only a few people in the btt can do that, but we wont do this as a counterattack. The best response is to release WinNAS & keep NAS up to date.  Finally, NAS != EVIL.

God bless us! Smiley

Do not be narrow-minded.
GCInc.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:38:57 AM

1) if Nas did not give you 100 million Nas, would you still do it?
I don't know - most often I don't exercise ifs. They did give it, and DGEX took it, so considering other options of the past is irrelevant.

2) This is not about free market and fair competition any more. This has become to help criminals to cheat the public.

Could you describe or point me to a description of the "scam" and "crime" you are referring to? AFAIK the references to nxt / nxtcrypto are there because of incompetence and ignorance rather than malevolent intentions. Asians are like that. They copy your stuff, even your brand, which is hard to swallow but in my opinion the best way to deal with it is to let go.

Think about those who were scammed and cheated by the wrong information
I seriously doubt there are any. People buying NAS are trying to make money by speculating with a copycat clone and they know it. Has someone told they have been scammed and cheated by wrong information, and what information is that which is wrong?

repusey2014

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:53:34 AM

I love NXT and NAS, Do not attack each other.
williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:04:54 AM

Ok, glad to see this isn't something supported by NXT. (whew!). Anyway as predicted NAS has plummeted like a stone from less than half its value since I posted the original question.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:50:13 AM

What's your problem? Missed another train? NAS exists and it works, how is this a joke? It is just another alt coin, child of NXT.

GCInc.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:18:00 PM

in the Chinese market. For instance, with a picture of Nas.nxtcrpto.org, they wrote their slogan as - "NAS is from Nxt team, as nodes give you all the info".
I was not aware of this. Is there any resource / record of that available please. If there is, I would like to question NAS about it. DGEX does not wish to support intentional misleading.

the damage it brought to Nxt will be there for long time.
Not really. If NXT is strong enough, uncompetitive peeps make it even stronger in the end. If it is not, it will just fail.

GCInc.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:57:31 PM

Unfortunately I don't have time to dig up proofs and sources for some ambigous alleged abuse or lies. The world is full of lies and it's also full of unjustified claims, rumors and whining. If the lies are as big as you make them sound it should be simple to provide the recorded source right here and not try to drag people after some Chinese rumors and crap.

BTW your nice daddy tone makes you look both stupid and like you have an agenda. Write up a poem book if you're into drama. You're well on your way to be just ignored on this forum.

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:49:58 PM

Could you describe or point me to a description of the "scam" and "crime" you are referring to? AFAIK the references to nxt / nxtcrypto are there because of incompetence and ignorance rather than malevolent intentions. Asians are like that. They copy your stuff, even your brand, which is hard to swallow but in my opinion the best way to deal with it is to let go.

in the Chinese market. For instance, with a picture of Nas.nxtcrpto.org, they wrote their slogan as - "NAS is from Nxt team, as nodes give you all the info". It totally was a lie and misleading. Isn't this clear enough to you. Why do you try to deny it. Before they lied to the public, they were just a clone. But after they lied they became a scam.

I agree.  People purchased Nas under false pretenses.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
bigogiant

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:08:27 AM

NAS frustrated me a lot.
It was just a bad copy of NXT and has fallen so hard- I doubt there are some people believing NAS will stay in crypto -market.

williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:15:56 AM

Wow, looks like we might see NAS actually become worthless. (fastest failing crypto award!)

There's only about 20 buy orders left at <= .00000002

At my last thread it was .00000012 then 8, now I think they are testing the limit of how many decimal points it has.

Yikes!
nextcoine

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:36:00 AM

In my capacity of lead Nxt developer, I can assure you that no core Nxt developer is supporting the scamcoin called NAS.

NAS is a pump and dump coin. It has nothing new to offer. Even calling it a clone or fork would be a compliment they don't deserve, because it is not, it is a quick and dirty copy and paste job. And believe me, it is dirty - I actually took the time to look at the source, out of curiosity what they did with my code.

NAS have taken a test version of the new Nxt UI, developed by Wesley, which was not yet ready for production use - but they don't care, it is a get rich quick scheme, nevermind that it is other people's money this software is supposed to handle. They have also based their release on a Nxt version with a known critical vulnerability, which was fixed in Nxt long ago.

The NAS marketing guys are aggressively trying to bribe various people in the Nxt community with "giveaways". This is a thinly veiled attempt to make their "software" appear sanctioned by the Nxt community. They have also approached me with a similar offer of a generous donation, but I am ignoring it, because I do not want my name to be associated with this blatant scam.

Never confuse copy and paste jobs like NAS with legitimate Nxt alternatives. NEM and NXTL are trying to innovate and improve on the ideas brought by Nxt, they are apparently re-writing and re-designing everything from the ground up, and will be a healthy competition to Nxt. So they have my respect. But NAS... I hope I made myself clear.

Great!
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 03:37:11 AM

Wow, looks like we might see NAS actually become worthless. (fastest failing crypto award!)

There's only about 20 buy orders left at <= .00000002

At my last thread it was .00000012 then 8, now I think they are testing the limit of how many decimal points it has.

Yikes!

It's really too bad.  I feel sorry for everyone who bought it.  They should have just purchased NXT.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
blueface

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:17:20 AM

NAS is a joke,it is true.Jr has said very clearly.
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:19:47 AM

NAS is a Ponzi  Angry

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: