Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is my DualMiner working?  (Read 1084 times)
supermono (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:18:54 AM

I recently purchased a used DualMiner in Ebay (the 1-chip version that looks almost like a Block Erupter, not the big round 5-chip version)(the original version that supports both dual-mode and scrypt mode). When I connected it to my computer for the first time today, Windows detected it and automatically installed drivers for it. However, I am unable to mine with it.

I followed the instructions at support.dualminer.com and installed the software, including replacing the default driver with winusb. However, when I try mining, it doesn't work, and it seems that cgminer considers all devices to be disabled.

I also tried downloading the older version 1.0.0.6 of the dualminer software, but that didn't work either.

I then uninstalled the winusb driver, and reconnected the device so that Windows would install the default driver again, and tried mining with bfgminer 3.99 (the modified version at the cryptomining-blog.com site designed to work with gridseed). BFGMiner seemed to detect the com port correctly, or to start to (the com port it displayed matched the one Windows had shown me when I first connected the device), but then BFGMiner said 'invalid detect response', and it was not able to mine with the device.

I also noticed that no lights came on on this device at any time, not when I plugged it into the computer, nor when I was attempting to mine with it... I know with Block Erupters, the green light lights up when you plug it into the computer so that you can see that it is working and that it is ready to start mining... What about DualMiner? If this device was working properly, should a light have come on when I plugged it into the computer? Or does the light on the DualMiner turn on only when it is mining and finds a share?

Is there any other software designed to work with this device that I can try mining with?

Is there any easy way I can figure out if this miner is working or not? If the miner was DOA, do I have any protection under Ebay policies?

Thanks!
coinnewbit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:20:12 AM

I recently purchased a used DualMiner in Ebay (the 1-chip version that looks almost like a Block Erupter, not the big round 5-chip version)(the original version that supports both dual-mode and scrypt mode). When I connected it to my computer for the first time today, Windows detected it and automatically installed drivers for it. However, I am unable to mine with it.

I followed the instructions at support.dualminer.com and installed the software, including replacing the default driver with winusb. However, when I try mining, it doesn't work, and it seems that cgminer considers all devices to be disabled.

I also tried downloading the older version 1.0.0.6 of the dualminer software, but that didn't work either.

I then uninstalled the winusb driver, and reconnected the device so that Windows would install the default driver again, and tried mining with bfgminer 3.99 (the modified version at the cryptomining-blog.com site designed to work with gridseed). BFGMiner seemed to detect the com port correctly, or to start to (the com port it displayed matched the one Windows had shown me when I first connected the device), but then BFGMiner said 'invalid detect response', and it was not able to mine with the device.

I also noticed that no lights came on on this device at any time, not when I plugged it into the computer, nor when I was attempting to mine with it... I know with Block Erupters, the green light lights up when you plug it into the computer so that you can see that it is working and that it is ready to start mining... What about DualMiner? If this device was working properly, should a light have come on when I plugged it into the computer? Or does the light on the DualMiner turn on only when it is mining and finds a share?

Is there any other software designed to work with this device that I can try mining with?

Is there any easy way I can figure out if this miner is working or not? If the miner was DOA, do I have any protection under Ebay policies?

Thanks!
well, do you hear noise? why not join a pool and track your stats over a day or so?
supermono (OP)

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:40:47 AM

Thanks!
well, do you hear noise? why not join a pool and track your stats over a day or so?

Is the single chip dualminer supposed to make any noise? I know the big round 5-chip LightningAsic dualminers have a fan in them and are rather noisy. But I don't see any fan on my single chip dualminer.... Are they actually supposed to make any kind of noise? (The device I have looks almost like a Block Erupter. It is pictured at http://www.dualminer.com/DualMiner-USB_p_16.html ).

I did try leaving the miner open mining LTC (or trying to) for about an hour. No shares were found, and the pool website showed the worker as not hashing at all.
coinnewbit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:56:29 AM

Thanks!

Is the single chip dualminer supposed to make any noise? I know the big round 5-chip LightningAsic dualminers have a fan in them and are rather noisy. But I don't see any fan on my single chip dualminer.... Are they actually supposed to make any kind of noise? (The device I have looks almost like a Block Erupter. It is pictured at http://www.dualminer.com/DualMiner-USB_p_16.html ).

I did try leaving the miner open mining LTC (or trying to) for about an hour. No shares were found, and the pool website showed the worker as not hashing at all.
Then I think you could contact support. Seems like its most likely not working.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:39:13 AM

Thanks!
You're on the right track with bfgminer. It should have permanent green led that darkens from time to time for a short moment during hashing. Sometimes it needs physical USB port unplug/plug to become live. What is Your line for starting bfgminer? Do You have it connected on powered USB-hub? If Yes try lowering working speed with --set dualminer:clock=800 or even lower (750) and see how it behaves. Units with Gridseed chips are worst quality hardware till now.  Huh 2 out of my 5 dualminers are behaving fuzzy. No wonder if You got bad miner. If You can't mine with it, try sending it back and requesting refund.
EDIT: Small switch on dualminer is on L, not on B (or D), right?

zulu860

Activity: 196

iseebitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:34:21 AM

The same thing is happening to mine right now just noticed it in the last few hrs

Bitcoins: 157TGFQRUWuBC5pREHcpkXfgCWGrQ9Zti6   iseebitcoins.com
Zimstake: EDEtRKNMUMZrsMCxTKvnz8U2Y84NPQDS2r
Cannabiscoin: CGj3H5AgJKTNeiPCsv2akbQiSSGUjcRjBE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: