Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:38:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best exchange for EUR, NOW? Bitcoin-Central, Bitcoin.de LocalBitcoins, else?  (Read 4290 times)
manicminer (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:40:28 PM

Regarding the German exchanges: both Kraken and Bitcoin.de are partners of Fidor bank (according to Google search), same EUR 100,000 deposit insurance or what?

Or all it's still like the wild-wild West, even in the EU? Confusing.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 11:58:21 PM

In terms of reliability, costs? In the case of LocalBitcoins both with the use and without the escrow service.
If security if a premium, bitcoin-central.com. They are the only one fully compliant with the European legislation (bitstamp, despite being based in Slovenia, then in the Eurozone, operates out of the Eurozone since their account is in the UK). Plus, transfers are free.

Now if you want a nice looking website with usability in mind and would like to trade with powerful protections against loss, use kraken with trailing stop. Their fees are bigger so if all you want is converting euros to BTC, stick with bitcoin-central.

There is also the matter of liquidity. Here, nothing beats Bitstamp. Liquidity means the price will change more often so if you buy at market price, this is useless for you. It is only interesting if you buy at a fixed price.

And of course, there is still virwox.com if you positively want to take advantage of a quick drop in price which is worth the 10% commission

So, again:
  • simplest, least expensive, and most secured: bitcoin-central.com (also the slowest if you don't convert on evening European time, since they operate a manual check)
  • simplest, least expensive, and more chance to have your BTC cheaper or more expensive: bitstamp
  • sophisticated and slightly more expensive: kraken
  • fastest and most expensive: virwox.com
Hope this helps Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
manicminer (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:20:57 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 08:40:33 AM by manicminer

(bitstamp, despite being based in Slovenia, then in the Eurozone, operates out of the Eurozone since their account is in the UK).
Note sure if I could follow you. Did you check Bitstamp's fees? Sure their account is Unicredit Slovenia > Eurozone. At least last time I checked. Did they move their bank account to the UK? That would be new info to me. Anyways, I am not interested in Bitstamp (who knows who runs them under what policies).

Only Kraken, Bitcoin.de (now both partners with German bank Fidor? Help me in determining that) and Bitcoin-Central (French license) are interesting. So far. Or anything new coming online with similar or better credentials.

Anyways, I am glad you have the opposite opinion on Bitcoin-Central than @NLCOINER https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329924.msg6279056#msg6279056
I hope you guys will have a fight over it. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: