Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:22:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GRIDSEED G-BLADE Overclocking 7Mh/s, improvements and repair  (Read 74030 times)
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 09:37:18 PM

Gridseed Moddermen-

OK, i looked at Freeman's message and checked out the Gridseed Pod modding thread that he referenced.  After reading the Pod thread, it seems that performing BOTH the 33KOhm resistor replacement AND the bridging mod is NOT a good idea.  It may perhaps work, but it is redundant.  Further, the bridging mod requires special software.

So, I look forward to the following:

1) Place heatsinks on the Gridseed blade, possibly with extra fans.
          2) Replace the 33KOhm resistor with a multi-turn trim pot that has a compatible range.
          3) Change out the 220uF, 16V capacitor with a similar 220uF, 35V capacitor.

This should be enough to run the blade and generate 6+ MegaHash total without excessive heat or damage.  Right now, unmodified, and poolside, I get 5.2-5.5 MegaHash.

I am curious still about how to remove/replace the 220uF capacitor.  Is a hot-air device essential?

Again, thanks for all the technical work made by the contributors to this thread.  -Scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
racebyu

Activity: 346
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:15:11 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 11:39:19 PM by racebyu

Gridseed Moddermen-

OK, i looked at Freeman's message and checked out the Gridseed Pod modding thread that he referenced.  After reading the Pod thread, it seems that performing BOTH the 33KOhm resistor replacement AND the bridging mod is NOT a good idea.  It may perhaps work, but it is redundant.  Further, the bridging mod requires special software.

So, I look forward to the following:

1) Place heatsinks on the Gridseed blade, possibly with extra fans.
          2) Replace the 33KOhm resistor with a multi-turn trim pot that has a compatible range.
          3) Change out the 220uF, 16V capacitor with a similar 220uF, 35V capacitor.

This should be enough to run the blade and generate 6+ MegaHash total without excessive heat or damage.  Right now, unmodified, and poolside, I get 5.2-5.5 MegaHash.

I am curious still about how to remove/replace the 220uF capacitor.  Is a hot-air device essential?

Again, thanks for all the technical work made by the contributors to this thread.  -Scryptr

I did everything you stated and got around 6.6Mhs @ 963Mhz with variable pot just over 39K
and mosfets heat sink at 139F with difficulty set to 1024 and 230w AC power draw.

I would add if possilble;
-larger heatsink on the mosfets, taller fins then in my photo.
-heatsink with taller fins on back of board or additional fan cooled heat sink. (North Bridge below as others in thread)
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Logisys-DeepCool-CC2-North-Bridge-2-Chipset-Performance-Compact-Cooler-NEW-/231088748673?pt=US_Memory_Chipset_Cooling&hash=item35cdf67881
-35Vdc Cap replacement is a must
-beads removal and jumper replacement is a must (if no 0 ohm resistors used)

My caps where replaced with a basic soldering iron with a fine tip, did not use my hot air unit
was not that hard to do, exposed side first then pry up a bit while heating but avoid pulling
and tracks off the board surface.

Freeman2000yes

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:25:48 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 12:07:52 AM by Freeman2000yes

Again I highly recommend to add a fan for the backside, even if you use a Nothbridge heatsink with active cooling. You have to realize a serious arifolw backwards , not only for the mosfets, the cap and the choke generates a lot of heat , too. And not to forget the power terminal , i still use the default ones , but i replace them two times so far, even if i have a backfan , the plastic isolation in the plug simply melt after a while. So its much,  much better to use screw terminals or to solder the powerstripes direcltly on pcb.
The guys from gridseed seems just to finsh the device , but only with time and money aspect , the quality was not so important for them it seems. We can see that they use absolutley the same power plug as they use for the 5 Chip smaller gridseed, but the power consumption is nearly 2.5 - 3 times greater , if you consider that they calculate the BTC SHA-256 part for the smaller one.And the 5 Chip has a much better cooling because the original fan airfow catch the power plug too.
I think i have to replace the terminals too.This power plugs are maybe good for a IP Cam or something with low power but not for this high temps.

This is what i did (i use Arctic Silent F9 with temp sensor in front and back , they don´t have the same airflow like the original one, but with 2 of them it works good and really silent):

http://i60.tinypic.com/o73o09.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/ixd191.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2ilmzbk.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2ug01nk.jpg
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 12:06:39 AM

Freeman and Race-

Thanks for the advice!  I do have another question:

1) What is the part number for the 220uF, 35V capacitor? 

I could do a search, but the part has to have a compatible mounting surface.  I am not so sure of how to read the catalogs.

I did order a variety of heatsinks.  The Gridseed GC3355 chips are 6.1mm x 6.1mm square, and i bought 6x6mm sq. base heatsinks with adhesive bases.  I also found 45mm x 75mm x 20mm (fin height) heatsinks for the back of the circuit board under the hot components, and i have sheets of thin, double-stick thermal-conductive film that I can cut to fit.  The large heatsinks just fit the area on the back of the board within a narrow margin; so no modifications are required to avoid shorts.  I bought a few other small, adhesive heatsinks for the hot-spot components.

I also bought a 120mm fan and a step-down adapter to fit the case.  I may also add 40mm sq. fans on the large heatsinks, and plug them into the unused 2-pin power socket on the gridseed.

The parts are coming from Hong Kong, so I have a couple weeks wait ahead.  I am considering purchasing a decent hot-air rework station just to have it on hand.  There are several modding projects I have in mind besides my Gridseed.  Smiley       -Scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
Freeman2000yes

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:31:10 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 12:54:48 AM by Freeman2000yes

VEV227M035S0ANB01K load time 2000 h

http://www.voelkner.de/products/423295/Elektrolyt-Kondensator-SMD-220-F-35-V-20-x-H-10-mm-x-10.2-mm-VEV227M035S0ANB01K-1-St..html

http://i60.tinypic.com/zv1u2s.jpg

Or this one from Mouser PCR1V221MCL1GS loadtime 4000h it´s a little bit smaller but fits also.
http://de.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=PCR1V221MCL1GSvirtualkey64700000virtualkey647-PCR1V221MCL1GS

And there are 2 Big solder pads , so if there are a little diferences , no problem. Maybe consider to buy some desoldering wire , it makes things easier.

And here what the Datasheet says about the soldering:
After soldering the capacitor under the soldering conditions
prescribed here, the capacitor shall meet the specifications listed at
right, provided that it's temperature profile is measured at the
capacitor top and the terminal.
Pre-heating shall be done at 150 to 200°C and for 60 to 180 sec.
The duration for over +230°C temperature at capacitor surface shall
not exceed 60 seconds.
In the case of peak temp, less than 250°C, reflow soldering shall be
two times maximum.
In the case of peak temp, less than 260°C, reflow soldering shall be
once.
Measurement for solder temperature profile shall be made at the
capacitor top and the terminal.
Freeman2000yes

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:37:50 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 01:02:50 AM by Freeman2000yes

I also found 45mm x 75mm x 20mm (fin height)
This one is perfect , i don´t found this size on local shops but i made similar ones on my own Grin
I also bought a 120mm fan and a step-down adapter to fit the case.  I may also add 40mm sq. fans on the large heatsinks, and plug them into the unused 2-pin power socket on the gridseed.
Good idea! Nice!

It´s interesting to do some tunning on this parts , but now they "eat" more money , some heatsinks here some resistors there .... but take this as learning lesson , i don´t know if the additional 1 - 2 MHS will cover the costs and the time spend ever. Lips sealed Not only "just for fun" i hope...
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:42:03 AM

I have calculated, no mather what you buy, you mostly won't get payed off a long time or maybe even never.

The window for retards has closed, it's now a multi-faceted game...
You have to pick/launch coins, mine, start/catch pumps, and arb exchanges in a professional manner...
And, especially, limit counterparty risk.

It's now a classic Zero Sum Game = 2% winners...
The other 98% will be selling paperweights for $0.30 on the dollar with no takers.

On the other hand, as just a hobby... you could do worse.
racebyu

Activity: 346
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:09:46 AM

Freeman and Race-

Thanks for the advice!  I do have another question:

1) What is the part number for the 220uF, 35V capacitor? 

I could do a search, but the part has to have a compatible mounting surface.  I am not so sure of how to read the catalogs.

I did order a variety of heatsinks.  The Gridseed GC3355 chips are 6.1mm x 6.1mm square, and i bought 6x6mm sq. base heatsinks with adhesive bases.  I also found 45mm x 75mm x 20mm (fin height) heatsinks for the back of the circuit board under the hot components, and i have sheets of thin, double-stick thermal-conductive film that I can cut to fit.  The large heatsinks just fit the area on the back of the board within a narrow margin; so no modifications are required to avoid shorts.  I bought a few other small, adhesive heatsinks for the hot-spot components.

The parts are coming from Hong Kong, so I have a couple weeks wait ahead.  I am considering purchasing a decent hot-air rework station just to have it on hand.  There are several modding projects I have in mind besides my Gridseed.  Smiley       -Scryptr

These are like the ones that I got, listed on Fleebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111039995473?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My mosfet chip heatsink (one glued to all three tops) is a 19x19mm parts.
It will not fit due to the board mounted fan power connector and the plug so
I removed and soldered the main fan wires directly to the circuit board to
allow for clearance.
Blisk

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:43:53 AM

I have calculated, no mather what you buy, you mostly won't get payed off a long time or maybe even never.

The window for retards has closed, it's now a multi-faceted game...
You have to pick/launch coins, mine, start/catch pumps, and arb exchanges in a professional manner...
And, especially, limit counterparty risk.

It's now a classic Zero Sum Game = 2% winners...
The other 98% will be selling paperweights for $0.30 on the dollar with no takers.

On the other hand, as just a hobby... you could do worse.

As I said those 2% winners are now, who sell mining devices, why do you think there is day after day more producers of that?
And buyers of that devices makes coins go arround and have a value.
In those 2% are also those people which buy at low and sell at high.
The rest will at the end have alot of these devices and no litecoins or bitcoins. That is mathematically proven.

Blisk

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

I also found 45mm x 75mm x 20mm (fin height)
This one is perfect , i don´t found this size on local shops but i made similar ones on my own Grin
I also bought a 120mm fan and a step-down adapter to fit the case.  I may also add 40mm sq. fans on the large heatsinks, and plug them into the unused 2-pin power socket on the gridseed.
Good idea! Nice!

It´s interesting to do some tunning on this parts , but now they "eat" more money , some heatsinks here some resistors there .... but take this as learning lesson , i don´t know if the additional 1 - 2 MHS will cover the costs and the time spend ever. Lips sealed Not only "just for fun" i hope...
one and most important things people forget when moding devices, what happends when fans stops?
It will frie your device in fev seconds so add fev thermal switches which will stop device before it is fried.

Freeman2000yes

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:47:01 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 04:00:13 PM by Freeman2000yes

one and most important things people forget when moding devices, what happends when fans stops?
It will frie your device in fev seconds so add fev thermal switches which will stop device before it is fried.

Thanks for this important advice. How do you realize this ?
With 2 Fans its a little bit more secure than with just one , if one fails.But a thermal switch is much better.
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:47:10 PM

Hello --

Blisk made an earlier post in the thread where he attached a picture of a thermal switch.  I am assuming that the switch locks into the "OFF", or open, state when a certain temperature is reached.  If I remember right, his posted example triggers "OFF" at 95 deg Centigrade.

If the switch is installed, it could serve to open the circuit and shut down the Gridseed when triggered.  I would suggest placing the temperature sensitive end nearest the hot-spot components on the external portion of the circuit board.  I think it could be wired in series along the input power line.

Someone just posted data about the thermal behavior of common components.  Performance and specifications began to change at 90 deg Centigrade in the table that was posted.  I would want to shut the Gridseed off before that stage was reached.   -Scryptr

Blisk

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:09:17 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Pcs-NC-90C-2-Wire-Connector-Bimetal-Thermal-Thermostat-Switch-250V-5A-/231047800117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cb85a535

I didn't figure out what to turn off with this switch because you can't use it on power because it current is too high.
So you should turn of something else. But you must know when temperature drops swich change state and will make blade goes ON again.

Freeman2000yes

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:06:20 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 02:47:55 AM by Freeman2000yes

Hi ,
Just some suggestions :

I´ve found this thermal fuses on voelkner , just if you want to be really sure and don´t have this on/off effect , they can handle 10 A and react at 93 C° so for one PCB it´s enough , but in worst case they must be replaced. The advantage is , that they cut the complete power off and it remains off. So you can use them direct to power.
----> http://www.voelkner.de/products/3382/Temperatursicherung-93-C.html
I don´t found something similar on mouser , maybe someone else?

Other Idea that i have was to use a circuit breaker like this ----> http://de.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-PB/W28-XT1A-7/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvNllHT6Fj2fjyJLrUxEIJB5lXHI1hSl5Q%3d (There are no pics , but look into datasheet and you know how they look.)

They offer a overload protection of 7A , this is just right for one PCB , and they are very sensitive to ambient temperature , so if the airfow form fan works, they opperate normaly , but when the fan stops they overheat and break the circuit permanently , even there is no overload related to the current. The big advantage is that they are resetable , so they remain off even you push the button Grin

But this might take some time to find the real life conditions and for testing to find the right one. But if it works , it´s sureley a real secure and comfortable sollution , whitout replace any parts or have this switch between on /off. There are also higher ones , with 15 A so its posible to realize one sollution for both PCB. I think this can work , but it´s hard to find the sweet point , so that they dont react under normal condition but quickly react under overtemp.
If you find the right one , its possible to drill a hole in the original cooler and bring them inside like a temp sensor.

This is what i mean : (ok nearly like this  Cheesy)
http://i59.tinypic.com/hs759c.jpg

Maybe some suggestions from the experts here?

I don´t try with those circuit breakers so far, but i have a bimetal switch at home and at the right place it´s possible to bring them to react only if the fan is off. For those circuit breaker i think you have to operate them to the limits , maybe something near to overload point, so that they remain on if they are cooled from the fan, but without cooling and with the additional heat from the chips , they can switch off quickly.
If someone want to try this, the best thing is to choose one sensor for both PCB , so if there is an overheat both PCB´s goes offline, and to find the sweet point, choose a summer day with high temps, so that you can be sure that it´s not react under "normal" conditions, but also check under lower outside tems if it works properly, then get the fans off and check if they break the circuit. In the datasheet are the reaction times for different situation of overload, so you have to add the ambient temperature correction factor , to calculate wich one to choose.And you want to do real perfect , you can use a 3 Pin Screw terminal for soldering on PCB , one pin without connection to PCB  just directly to the circuit breaker , and the original + pin is conected to PCB and you wire this directly form Sensor.

This is the affect of the ambient temp to the reaction:
http://i57.tinypic.com/vn164l.jpg

What do you guys think?
Freeman2000yes

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:55:14 AM

Again i asked myself why we have to re-invent this f-----g Blades? For the introduce Price of 3000 $ , they have to offer more! Ok , not for Overclocking , but even if you have some high temps outside , you would get some problems or burned parts under normal conditions. This is more like : "Ok , let us glue some parts together , an look what happens." This mining devices normaly have to checked more than any other casual electronics, because they are designed to run 24/24. And what is about any responsability from manufactor? Nothing! I don´t want to say that Grideed has bad hardware , other firms are surely not really better.But don´t bother , we are all the part of this community , and if YOU are able to sell some parts without any responsabilty and warranty and at high priceses , why not? As long as the "customers" are willing to spend high pre-order prices and they accept , that there is no guarantee, again : Why not? This is what we read everytime : No refunds, restricted warranty , all sales are final.-........
And I contribute to this system too. I received my "overclocked" Blade just 4 weeks ago ( delayed over 5 Weeks), and pay for them 899$ , because i thought : Oh what a beautifull pice of ingeneer!
And now for the same piece of ingeneer you get only 300$ , if you´re lucky, and for mining we have discuss this enough. So Who is the bad guy in this race?Aren´t we , the customers, who encourage those firms , to do things like that? Ok maybe they selling a few hardware to those "big fishes" or "minig farms people" , but they are rare , the "big" part , are every one of us.Only if we supply them, they can continue like this.... And just if they mine by themselves, but they only mine "Srypt" like anyone of us and what happens if their mined coins don´t sell anlyonger?
Sorry, about this , but i only want to encourage you people to fight for your right, because YOU count.... only if those small people with this small antminer U1 or U2  or S1 or GBLADES , goes offline, how do you think this counts? Just an example,In the sum it´s a real big part. But this is the trick of the big players, let them thought they are small...and they are really small!So don´t belive what they say, that you reach you ROI in a copuple of weeks, if one of them offer you a real big deal , catch this, otherwise don´t bother with.
I still belive in cryptocurrencies , because  there is a way out of the controlling of banc systems,but only if we realize decentralized mining we have the benefits, otherwhise is like any other system , thay allready exist. 

I know, to much philosophy for a thread like this, i´m sorry , i hope you guys don´t mind Embarrassed

ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:06:54 AM

Again i asked myself why we have to re-invent this f-----g Blades? For the introduce Price of 3000 $ , they have to offer more! Ok , not for Overclocking , but even if you have some high temps outside , you would get some problems or burned parts under normal conditions. This is more like : "Ok , let us glue some parts together , an look what happens." This mining devices normaly have to checked more than any other casual electronics, because they are designed to run 24/24. And what is about any responsability from manufactor? Nothing! I don´t want to say that Grideed has bad hardware , other firms are surely not really better.But don´t bother , we are all the part of this community , and if YOU are able to sell some parts without any responsabilty and warranty and at high priceses , why not? As long as the "customers" are willing to spend high pre-order prices and they accept , that there is no guarantee, again : Why not? This is what we read everytime : No refunds, restricted warranty , all sales are final.-........
And I contribute to this system too. I received my "overclocked" Blade just 4 weeks ago ( delayed over 5 Weeks), and pay for them 899$ , because i thought : Oh what a beautifull pice of ingeneer!
And now for the same piece of ingeneer you get only 300$ , if you´re lucky, and for mining we have discuss this enough. So Who is the bad guy in this race?Aren´t we , the customers, who encourage those firms , to do things like that? Ok maybe they selling a few hardware to those "big fishes" or "minig farms people" , but they are rare , the "big" part , are every one of us.Only if we supply them, they can continue like this.... And just if they mine by themselves, but they only mine "Srypt" like anyone of us and what happens if their mined coins don´t sell anlyonger?
Sorry, about this , but i only want to encourage you people to fight for your right, because YOU count.... only if those small people with this small antminer U1 or U2  or S1 or GBLADES , goes offline, how do you think this counts? Just an example,In the sum it´s a real big part. But this is the trick of the big players, let them thought they are small...and they are really small!So don´t belive what they say, that you reach you ROI in a copuple of weeks, if one of them offer you a real big deal , catch this, otherwise don´t bother with.
I still belive in cryptocurrencies , because  there is a way out of the controlling of banc systems,but only if we realize decentralized mining we have the benefits, otherwhise is like any other system , thay allready exist. 

I know, to much philosophy for a thread like this, i´m sorry , i hope you guys don´t mind Embarrassed

+1.01 ...

I am completely with you, buddy...

Do you want to start building OUR own miners... Huh

I am computer electronics engineer...30+ years experience... Wink

J4bberwock, nst6563, happydaze ....are you in... Huh

I am ready...!

Cheers,

ZiG

wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:23:31 AM

Right! PRE-PAY NOW! LOSE BIG LATER! Or,,is that NOW!!!???
Face it guys, Pre-Sales are for SUCKERS!
Don't play that game!
I don't and I REFUSE to fall for any buy now hype BS!
I can't believe HASHRA,,,,,,,Listen, wait 2 weeks and you can buy the same BIG DEAL 'BUY NOW' miner for 50% less than you can BUY IT NOW, for! No thanks to Scrypt losing value so fast, you won't even lose enough money to pay for shipping ... 2 weeks later!
I have 26 miners making me just under $5/day! Woo Hoo! At least they ROI'd,,, It's all profit but just no where near enough and certainy no where near where most of us predicted they'd be at this stage of the game. But, the market is EXTREMELY unpredictable as it is!
Then again, who is really pulling the strings UP there! Anyone? Or, no one? It's just happening all by itsel,,,yah, right!
STOP THE MADNESS! and let's make our beloved coins PAY US PROFITS for a change!!!!!  Angry

just my .000000000899---jussfivedollahs cents....

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:35:38 PM

+1.01 ...

I am ready...!

Cheers,

ZiG

I'd love to build our own miners.  I've been working with computer's for roughly 30 years myself.  Originally went to school for electronics, got sidetracked by the pretty pixels, but have always had my hands in the hardware side changing and modifying things.  I look at the hardware that Gridseed and Zeus have put out there and am baffled by some of the design decisions they chose.  The week power components that were used on the blades, and Zeus with wires coming off the boards on two ends....I suppose if you like a messy setup with cables everywhere it would be alright. 
J4bberwock (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:47:17 PM

Sorry, about this , but i only want to encourage you people to fight for your right, because YOU count.... only if those small people with this small antminer U1 or U2  or S1 or GBLADES , goes offline, how do you think this counts? Just an example,In the sum it´s a real big part. But this is the trick of the big players, let them thought they are small...and they are really small!So don´t belive what they say, that you reach you ROI in a copuple of weeks, if one of them offer you a real big deal , catch this, otherwise don´t bother with.
I still belive in cryptocurrencies , because  there is a way out of the controlling of banc systems,but only if we realize decentralized mining we have the benefits, otherwhise is like any other system , thay allready exist.  

+1.01 ...

I am ready...!

Cheers,

ZiG

I'm already seriously looking at this and contacted almost all the chip manufacturer. Got no answer from all but one that will.probably ship hardware in a month or so.
The few ones that are selling chips like innosilicon are selling them way too high. Just have a look at the price Zeus are offering the chips, it's 30% cheaper to buy finished hardware from them. With chips price under 10$/MH, we could offer a better product than the ones they are selling for the same price or cheaper.
For bitcoin mining hardware, Avalon gen 3 seems to be feasible. There is a way to manufacture someth with a fair $/GH ratio, around 1$/ GH. I'm collecting my BOM price at the moment.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 07:59:55 PM

Sorry, about this , but i only want to encourage you people to fight for your right, because YOU count.... only if those small people with this small antminer U1 or U2  or S1 or GBLADES , goes offline, how do you think this counts? Just an example,In the sum it´s a real big part. But this is the trick of the big players, let them thought they are small...and they are really small!So don´t belive what they say, that you reach you ROI in a copuple of weeks, if one of them offer you a real big deal , catch this, otherwise don´t bother with.
I still belive in cryptocurrencies , because  there is a way out of the controlling of banc systems,but only if we realize decentralized mining we have the benefits, otherwhise is like any other system , thay allready exist.  

+1.01 ...

I am ready...!

Cheers,

ZiG

I'm already seriously looking at this and contacted almost all the chip manufacturer. Got no answer from all but one that will.probably ship hardware in a month or so.
The few ones that are selling chips like innosilicon are selling them way too high. Just have a look at the price Zeus are offering the chips, it's 30% cheaper to buy finished hardware from them. With chips price under 10$/MH, we could offer a better product than the ones they are selling for the same price or cheaper.
For bitcoin mining hardware, Avalon gen 3 seems to be feasible. There is a way to manufacture someth with a fair $/GH ratio, around 1$/ GH. I'm collecting my BOM price at the moment.

I'd be very interested in what you find out J4! Let me know what you find out....
Maybe I'll jump back in on the hardware side of the game...if/when....
Did you ever hit - what was it? - 18MHs?....or magic black smoke.... Grin

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: