Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:45:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Countries with No Bitcoin Taxes  (Read 11967 times)
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:54:50 PM

my opinion is that you should not get taxed when using bitcoins,since you are paying when converting with fiat money
fiat money have already been taxed allright,whever it is you when you buy or when you sell (the buyer has been taxed)
as for the tax free countries,the list is pretty huge:
1.Belarus
2.Germany
3.Singapore
4.Denmark
5.Slovenia

I agree. I think Tax from crypto is another way to screw people over- it is just what government love to do- I mean all these people have to keep their salaries WELL above the inflation rate. Nonetheless, if you for example end up with money in your bank account from crypto trading deals when you file your tax return it does not matter much where the money came from you're required to declare it. So just be smart about your transaction in the end tax is already paid via the exchange system anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eleven86

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:02:49 PM

Now most of the countries accepted bitcoin as legal, in that few countries allow people to use bitcoin with some limitations. Other countries allow people to use it without any rules. Likewise some countries only put tax for bitcoin. Few countries are tax free. Countries with no tax for bitcoins is Japan, Denmark, Malaysia, Singapore, Germany, Belarus, India and Philippines. These are the countries not announced any tax for bitcoin.
Andrew S

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:36:22 PM

If I remember correctly, even in Belarus there is a variant of operations with the crypto currency without taxation.
satana_igor666

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:31:44 PM

Maldives will accept operations with the crypto currency without taxation.  Soon many countries will legalize crypto currency in their countries.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:52:02 AM

Now most of the countries accepted bitcoin as legal, in that few countries allow people to use bitcoin with some limitations. Other countries allow people to use it without any rules. Likewise some countries only put tax for bitcoin. Few countries are tax free. Countries with no tax for bitcoins is Japan, Denmark, Malaysia, Singapore, Germany, Belarus, India and Philippines. These are the countries not announced any tax for bitcoin.
Indonesia is also included in the list, this country has a very large bitcoin users. even exceeding 500k users. but the state
does not provide detailed rules on the use of cryptocurrency, and no taxes have been applied to bitcoin users in that country..
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:02:42 AM

I'm from the Philippines and I'm proud to say that I can enjoy all of my bitcoin earnings (all crypto as well) here without having tax deductions Smiley. Our government didn't state any law concerning about crypto regulations so we can conclude that we can be able to use it freely without facing rule violations. Cryptocurrency is not illegal here and not legitimate as well ~ just in the middle but much more on the positive side.

Just to be clear, this doesn't mean that our government don't care about us (crypto holders) actually they do. They never fail to give us tips and a friendly warning on how risky this kind of business is.
airdroptrooper

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:20:44 AM

kohnewlife

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:21:43 AM

Southest Asians. Honestly if you really have a lot of money, think about getting a new citizen in the future
It is worth it i think
awosesun

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:22:31 PM

What is the way forward in all this. how does the tax affect let say am holding 10k wort of bitcoin in one those country that have tax on crypto?
Scarletoverm

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:41:42 PM

I only know of Denmark and Germany but only if you have held them for more than a year I believe.

Does anyone know of any others?
Yes you need to hold coins for minimum of 1 year, but also you need to live there for 6 months at least.
Scarletoverm

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:49:21 PM

Also don't forget if you will sell huge amount of coins and make millions, the gov will ask you where you got your coins from. Bought or any other way, so this need to be taken seriously.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:11:19 PM

Im not sure but someone mentioned recently in another forum that they were from Portugal and they were able to cash out with 0% fee in there. It's hard to believe because a country of the European Union you would expect at least some taxes even if lower in some places than others.

What is interesting is knowing if you cash out in a low-taxes country, then you will be able to come back to your native country and buy real estate there? Or will they claim that you should have paid taxes in your country and you will get in trouble? And also forget about bank secrecy anymore. If you cash out in another country chances are your local country will find out eventually, specially if you buy real estate. My recommendation is to just pay your taxes, but try to keep track of your tradings and payments and put them into an excel file or something, if you can't prove the origin of funds you cant buy the nice house when BTC reaches $500,000! im already having problems keeping track of transactions, it's so difficult. I lost some trades in Cryptsy!
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:20:04 PM

Due to bitcoin popularity many countries have acceted bitcoin as legal. some countries allowed their people to use bitcoin with some limitations. At the same time countries with no limitations for using bitcoin. Countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Germany, Denmark and belarus allowed their people to use bitcoin without any limits that is tax. In these countries they didn't put any tax for their people for using bitcoin.
Aleh777

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:32:44 PM

Now many countries accepted bitcoin as legal in their country, for that they didnt put any tax for bitcoin. Few countries only put some restrictions for their people to use bitcoin. Most of the countries allowed their people to use bitcoin without any rules and regulations. Countries without tax such as Denmark, Malaysia, Singapore, Mauritius, Germany, Belarus, India and recently Philippines is also added. Due to bitcoin growth many countries will soon added in this list.
Girlsbit

Activity: 108

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:28:30 AM

All countries that have taken a crypto currency are taking taxes, but each has its own percentage.
rodriguesserg967

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:22:41 AM

Both Dominica and St Kitts (Island nations in the Caribbean) don't have any tax on profit (i.e Capital gains) from Bitcoin sales. This include both long-term and short-term capital gains. Also, if you receive Bitcoin as income, it is tax-free.
But you need to be living in those I believe for some time. Like Germany for example, you need to be citizen for at least 6 months there. You can't just come and say I trade Bitcoin or any other crypto. You need to be registered with the government there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: