Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:36:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] GeoCoin - bringing geocaching to a new level!  (Read 472 times)
dogepoli (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:41:11 PM

GeoCoin - geocaching to a new level!
Don't we all like geocaching? Don't we all think we should be rewarded with something awesome when we do geocaching? Well, I have an idea! Most coins require you to mine, but what about a coin that everybody can obtain? It's simple - you go outside, hook up your phone and look for geocoins! How would it work? All you would do is install an app (which you connect to your wallet) and you get a map of your area. When the app first is installed, 100 geocoins will be generate close to you (1km2), and you can start finding them (in bundles of 50) When you move 1km away from where you started, new coins are generated. This way, there will always be coins for you to find. Every halvening, the coins will come in 50, then in 25, 12.5, 6.25 ans you get the point. I'm not sure if this would be possible, but I would definitley do this if it was made. I have no idea how to create altcoins (but if somebody could eli5 how to do that then I owe you something) but if somebody wants to make this then do it Smiley

(I know, first post. I'm a scammer and everything like that, another scamcoin, blah, blah, blah. Hate if you want, I don't care.)
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:21:49 PM

We were discussing very similar idea in this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=570044.msg6246599#msg6246599

Big problem is that gps can be easily faked.

It might be possible to make something like this work by pinging other phones in the network
and allow them to verify your location based on latency times.

ps. oh and there is already a GeoCoin.

“God does not play dice"
Sharrow

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:41:59 PM

Shakezula already made GeoCoin as a test currency and I believe there were cloning guides and source code based on it somewhere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: