Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 04:33:19 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't post within 360 AKA can't reply... ever...  (Read 630 times)
Rekatan (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:04:10 PM

I'm not even sure if this will go through, so it will be short and sweet... I can't post any replies to threads due to this "can't post within 360 from the same IP" issue... I've never made a post before because every attempt has been unsuccessful due to this bug. I read off a google that the initial thread isn't impacted by it though so could a moderator look into if something is wrong on my account? I've tried posting from several IP addresses even, so it definitely is a bug given that I've never had a successful post.
MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:13:17 PM

Just make sure to wait the full 360 seconds. it's not a bug.

Rekatan (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:16:14 PM

It reads "the last posting from your IP" given that I'd never had a post until creating a thread just now...

*edit* Huh weird.. I can reply to this thread now... Is it actually a case where you need to be on the page for 360 seconds before posting? If so that error probably needs its verbiage updated... Not to mention 360 seconds is a bit crazy if that's the case =P

*edit 2* I still am unable to post in any threads other than this one. Even after waiting 360 seconds.
MUFC

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:20:26 PM

It reads "since your last reply" given that I'd never had a post until creating a thread just now...

*edit* Huh weird.. I can reply to this thread now... Is it actually a case where you need to be on the page for 360 seconds before posting? If so that error probably needs its verbiage updated... Not to mention 360 seconds is a bit crazy if that's the case =P

Everytime you try post it starts the clock again. Just wait the full time and itll work

Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:21:23 PM

It reads "since your last reply" given that I'd never had a post until creating a thread just now...

Yes it is annoying and confusingly worded but the time limit goes down the more activity you earn.

runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:23:41 PM

Logging in counts as "posting" as well. Keep that in mind.

MUFC

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:27:01 PM

What about messages or searching. Do those count?

Rampton

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:27:35 PM

What about messages or searching. Do those count?

I think they have their own time limits not sure if they impact on your posting though.

Rekatan (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:29:36 PM

That would do it. Every time I've attempted to post I logged in, failed, and navigated away. Wow this behavior is probably creating a lot of lurkers.
MUFC

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:33:56 PM

That would do it. Every time I've attempted to post I logged in, failed, and navigated away. Wow this behavior is probably creating a lot of lurkers.

I think it's the lurkers that get the biggest shock when they actually try post lol

Rampton

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:35:00 PM

I can't wait to become a jnr member though so the time goes down.

Lieji

Activity: 543

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:41:56 PM

I can't wait to become a jnr member though so the time goes down.

The time is already down to 75s when you get 15 activity (still newbie).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: