Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:34:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with ubuntu Heartbleed fix  (Read 601 times)
adizzle (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:37:08 PM

Hello all...newbie here i currently have ubuntu 12.04 and i sucessfully upgraded my openssl version to "built on" date of apr7 2014. however i have been unable to find any suitable guide to install new qt 0.9.1 on my ubuntu os and im still using the .9.0 qt..was upgrading my openssl version sufficient or are there more steps for me to take to ensure heartbleed is fixed?

Thanks
Colin Miner

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:34:04 PM

No code changes were made between 0.9.0 and 0.9.1. Only the dependencies were changed.

Upgrade OpenSSL to 1.0.1g. This release fixes the following vulnerabilities which can affect the Bitcoin Core software:

and

It is especially important to upgrade if you currently have version 0.9.0 installed and are using the graphical interface OR you are using bitcoind from any pre-0.9.1 version, and have enabled SSL for RPC and have configured allowip to allow rpc connections from potentially hostile hosts.

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:40:05 PM

Hello all...newbie here i currently have ubuntu 12.04 and i sucessfully upgraded my openssl version to "built on" date of apr7 2014. however i have been unable to find any suitable guide to install new qt 0.9.1 on my ubuntu os and im still using the .9.0 qt..was upgrading my openssl version sufficient or are there more steps for me to take to ensure heartbleed is fixed?

Thanks

you are not alone... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575342.0

Looks like you have to do it by hand, like this guy here:

How can I Upgrade my Bitcoin QT?

I use Linux Ubunto and I don't know what to do.

Being a noob myself I asked the same question and got no answer here. Just to have it clear I was using bitcoin 0.9.0 from Ubuntu PPA and
had my libssl1.0.0 updated however in the debug window it still showed old/insecure version of OpenSSL.

So here is what I did:

-First thing first back up ur wallet.
-Shut down your client.
-Now make a backup of your current bitcoin-qt executable/shared library which should be in /usr/bin
Code:
cd /usr/bin
sudo mv bitcoin-qt bitcoin-qt.bckup
-Download and verify bitcoin-0.9.1-linux.tar.gz
-Navigate to your Home directory
Code:
cd ~
-and then to Downloads
Code:
cd Downloads
-unzip what you've downloaded
Code:
tar xvzf bitcoin-0.9.1-linux.tar.gz
-Navigate to just unzipped directory
Code:
cd bitcoin-0.9.1-linux
-and then depending on whether your system is 32 or 64 do
Code:
cd bin/32

/* alternatively if your system is 64 do */

cd bin/64
-copy bitcoin-qt from this directory to /usr/bin
Code:
sudo cp bitcoin-qt /usr/bin

-start your client the usual way.

Hope it helps...
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

If you have any more problems, consider answering in the other thread, as you have a higher chance of getting a good answer in the tech support board.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: