Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:05:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Homemade Small-Batch Beef Jerky & We Accept Bitcoins!  (Read 913 times)
TheDundalkMiner (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:51:28 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 08:51:04 PM by TheDundalkMiner

I just got into mining and was inspired by the Bees Brothers and their small business accepting Bitcoins, so I'm following suit with my little family's homemade beef jerky business. We make small-batch (12 packs or so per batch) homemade beef jerky. It started out as friends and family, then took off a bit to a regular thing.

You can see our regular site at http://www.DundalkDan.com.

I just setup a product using BitPay so people can purchase our popular and highly-rated Dundalk Dan's Sweet BBQ beef jerky.

Here's a recent review: http://thejerkyreport.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-dundalk-dan-awesome-beef-jerky.html

Inspired by our desire to give our boys a lunch treat to take to school, Dundalk Dan's Sweet BBQ beef jerky is the perfect high-protein snack for anyone who is looking for a tangy flavor on the go. This one rates 1 out of 5 on the heat meter.

Ingredients: Eye Round USDA Choice Beef, Sweet BBQ Sauce, Worchestershire Sauce, Cider Vinegar, Mesquite Seasoning, Honey, Crushed Onion, Garlic Powder, Sodium Nitrate/Nitrite (preservative)

How We Make It: Dundalk Dan's Beef Jerky is handmade by the Dawes Family (Stacey, Ben, Sam & Dan) in Dundalk, MD. We only use USDA Choice Round Beef or London Broil and hand trim it and marinade it for 2-3 days minimum. Then we dehydrate the jerky on racks in a professional dehydrator for 6+ hours (165 degrees initially then 155 degrees) for safety.

Packaging: Each 2.75 ounce package is vacuum-sealed complete with an oxygen-absorbing pack for optimum freshness + a toothpick!

Shipping: Free shipping with Bitcoin purchase of 4 packs! We ship USPS 2-Day Priority Mail. We can only ship in the US. Sorry.

Food Safety: All of Dundalk Dan's jerky products are made following the United States Department of Agriculture Food Safety Requirements for Homemade Jerky Products.

If you're interested in trying out some of the tastiest beef jerky around, click this link below and follow the Bitcoin link in the description.

http://www.dundalkdan.com/dundalk-dans-homemade-sweet-bbq-beef-jerky/

We hope you love it!

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server3000/u1tw3f/products/81/images/300/SweetBBQHangLabel__58718.1386514190.1280.1280.png?c=1
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheDundalkMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:55:15 PM

Unlike the Illegal Wild deer jerky i have seen on here before this is definately cool.

Everyone loves jerky!  Hope you sell tons of it Smiley

Will you be making any Spicy jerky?

Great question on the Spicy Jerky. You bet! We have a Sriracha Sauce recipe we're working on now that is getting close. I'll keep you posted on here and on the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DundalkDan

Also, we have a Chesapeake Crab flavor that's really popular on the East Coast of the US. It's made with the seasoning used to make steamed blue crabs. People go nuts for that flavor and it's got a kick. Not like a jalapeño or anything like that, but a real nice flavor.

We hope folks give it a shot and like it. That's one thing to throw a few Satoshi at!

Enjoy the weekend!
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:59:45 PM

We can only ship in the US. Sorry.

Aaaw that's too bad. Really no way to ship to europe?
Good beef jerky (or for that matter, any kind of beef jerky) is really hard to find around here :-(

Onkel Paul

TheDundalkMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:28:15 PM

Good beef jerky (or for that matter, any kind of beef jerky) is really hard to find around here :-(

Onkel Paul

You know what? That was lazy of me. We just haven't shipped outside of the US before.

We use the United States Postal System and I just looked it up and we can indeed ship out of the US and it seems pretty easy. If you want to PM your address, I can lookup what it will cost to help figure out the right product / shipping cost ratio.

And "only ships in the US" doesn't really go hand in hand with Bitcoin, now does it? My bad on that one. Let's figure this out.

Thanks! Dan
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:35:12 AM

Onkel Paul

You know what? That was lazy of me. We just haven't shipped outside of the US before.

We use the United States Postal System and I just looked it up and we can indeed ship out of the US and it seems pretty easy. If you want to PM your address, I can lookup what it will cost to help figure out the right product / shipping cost ratio.

And "only ships in the US" doesn't really go hand in hand with Bitcoin, now does it? My bad on that one. Let's figure this out.

Thanks! Dan

Also a quote to Vietnam shipping:)
TheDundalkMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:19:04 PM

Onkel Paul

Thanks! Dan

Also a quote to Vietnam shipping:)

Hi again everyone,

It seems like international shipping to both Europe and Vietnam are both in the $42 USD range. That's a lot, for sure, but if the order is big enough, it'll be worth it.

If anyone is interested in purchasing and having it shipped internationally, contact me directly at dundalkdanjerky@gmail.com and we can work it out.

Happy Easter everyone!

Thanks, Dan
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:29:04 PM

Thanks for looking up the shipping costs! I feared they would be somewhat high in relation to your moderate product prices, well I'll try whether I find some folks with which I could share an order so the shipping costs get distributed over more recipients.
In any case, good luck with your business!

Onkel Paul

cobra89y

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:02:14 AM

Do you ship to Guam or FPO/AP address?
TheDundalkMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:40:43 AM

Do you ship to Guam or FPO/AP address?

Thanks for your interest!

If you can DM me your address, I can get an exact quote to you to see if the shipping costs make it prohibitive for a small ticket item like beef jerky -- unless you're buying for the whole base! Smiley

Thanks, Dan
TheDundalkMiner (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:56:20 PM

I just got into mining and was inspired by the Bees Brothers and their small business accepting Bitcoins, so I'm following suit with my little family's homemade beef jerky business. We make small-batch (12 packs or so per batch) homemade beef jerky. It started out as friends and family, then took off a bit to a regular thing.

You can see our regular site at http://www.DundalkDan.com.

I just setup a product using BitPay so people can purchase our popular and highly-rated Dundalk Dan's Sweet BBQ beef jerky.

Here's a recent review: http://thejerkyreport.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-dundalk-dan-awesome-beef-jerky.html

Inspired by our desire to give our boys a lunch treat to take to school, Dundalk Dan's Sweet BBQ beef jerky is the perfect high-protein snack for anyone who is looking for a tangy flavor on the go. This one rates 1 out of 5 on the heat meter.

Ingredients: Eye Round USDA Choice Beef, Sweet BBQ Sauce, Worchestershire Sauce, Cider Vinegar, Mesquite Seasoning, Honey, Crushed Onion, Garlic Powder, Sodium Nitrate/Nitrite (preservative)

How We Make It: Dundalk Dan's Beef Jerky is handmade by the Dawes Family (Stacey, Ben, Sam & Dan) in Dundalk, MD. We only use USDA Choice Round Beef or London Broil and hand trim it and marinade it for 2-3 days minimum. Then we dehydrate the jerky on racks in a professional dehydrator for 6+ hours (165 degrees initially then 155 degrees) for safety.

Packaging: Each 2.75 ounce package is vacuum-sealed complete with an oxygen-absorbing pack for optimum freshness + a toothpick!

Shipping: Free shipping with Bitcoin purchase of 4 packs! We ship USPS 2-Day Priority Mail. We can only ship in the US. Sorry.

Food Safety: All of Dundalk Dan's jerky products are made following the United States Department of Agriculture Food Safety Requirements for Homemade Jerky Products.

If you're interested in trying out some of the tastiest beef jerky around, click this link below and follow the Bitcoin link in the description.

We hope you love it!

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server3000/u1tw3f/products/81/images/300/SweetBBQHangLabel__58718.1386514190.1280.1280.png?c=1

We just finished another batch of Sweet BBQ Beef Jerky -- which we accept BTC for!

Free shipping in the US! This stuff is super tasty Smiley

Enjoy! Dundalk Dan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: