Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:53:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forex traders: why did you come to cryptos?  (Read 1337 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:53:54 AM

If you can, then just short all the shitcoins.  sounds like easy money.
What does shorting means?
it means speculating that will they decrease in value.
So you wait for a crypto to lose value, you massively buy them all because you have a lot of money, this increases the price and then you you sell all of them massively, is that it?

No, you SELL them without owning them  (if any exchange allows that.)  You can do this in forex.

So basically what you mean by that, is you sell them at a set price of say $0.10 hoping that you can buy them before a preset time at $0.07 ? Is this what shorting is?

No that sounds like more of what's called an "option" when you're talking about preset times.

On the stock market , shorting a stock means you are betting the stock will fall in price.  It's not really that important to understand the inner workings of it, but basically you are borrowing the stock from the broker  with the money you put up as collateral, selling it, waiting for the price to fall, and then closing the trade as you buy it back from the market.  You pocket the difference (or eat the loss if the stock rose).

In the forex world, currencies are traded in pairs like EUR/USD and you can "bet" in either direction.  Going up is known as a long trade and going down is called going short.

percocet

Activity: 222
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:45:06 PM

For me it's the privacy and being in control of my own wallet instead of relying on a bank or some crappy third party processor like Skrill.
David Latapie (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 07:46:19 PM

For me it's the privacy and being in control of my own wallet instead of relying on a bank or some crappy third party processor like Skrill.
Interesting thing, I did not think about it.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

If you can, then just short all the shitcoins.  sounds like easy money.
What does shorting means?

Shorting is selling something that you don't own.  For example when BTC was $1200.  You borrow 1BTC from a HODLer and you sell it for $1200.  When the price drops to $500 you buy back 1BTC from the open market for $500 and return to the person you borrowed + premium.  You just pocketed $700 minus the cost to borrow
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:37:53 AM

I'm not a forex trader—although I have traded forex markets and I follow them closely—, but I do manage investments professionally for qualified investors.

Why cryptos?

I truly love investing and finance, and cryptos are a technically and psychologically fascinating part of that world, albeit in a very fledgling way.

Cryptos are very fun.

Cryptos are a game-changer.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: