Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:13:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's up with depth on clarkmoody's chart  (Read 1213 times)
rebuilder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:56:07 PM

I was looking at the market depth on bitcoin.clarkmoody.com, and it struck me as being very thin both ways. Currently that table says it would take about 10000 BTC to push the price to around either 3.7 or 9.45. However, btccharts.com and mtgoxlive say the book is already 35,000 BTC deep at around 5.8 or 7.5. Quite a discrepancy - what gives?

edit: Now it's changed quite a bit, more like 22,0000 to 3.7, but still way off what the other charts are saying.

edit2: OK, if I reload the depth gets thinner again on clarkmoody.com. Some kind of connection issue I guess, it's having trouble downloading the whole ordebook.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 08:04:03 PM

I have noticed this before. There have been times when massive 2000btc walls are only visible on clarkmoody and nowhere else, and apparently vise versa today for me at least.
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 09:39:48 PM

I was looking at the market depth on bitcoin.clarkmoody.com, and it struck me as being very thin both ways. Currently that table says it would take about 10000 BTC to push the price to around either 3.7 or 9.45. However, btccharts.com and mtgoxlive say the book is already 35,000 BTC deep at around 5.8 or 7.5. Quite a discrepancy - what gives?

edit: Now it's changed quite a bit, more like 22,0000 to 3.7, but still way off what the other charts are saying.

edit2: OK, if I reload the depth gets thinner again on clarkmoody.com. Some kind of connection issue I guess, it's having trouble downloading the whole ordebook.

The data on bitcoin.clarkmoody.com reflects the depth of market download from https://mtgox.com/api/1/BTCUSD/public/fulldepth. I just checked, and there is a difference between my site and mtgoxlive. I also independently downloaded the depth table and computed some sample sums manually.

It's almost as if the API is reporting different numbers to different sites.

teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 09:54:24 PM

The data on bitcoin.clarkmoody.com reflects the depth of market download from https://mtgox.com/api/1/BTCUSD/public/fulldepth. I just checked, and there is a difference between my site and mtgoxlive. I also independently downloaded the depth table and computed some sample sums manually.

It's almost as if the API is reporting different numbers to different sites.

I smell mtgox conspiracy! Cheesy

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:04:29 PM

I smelt it also when I first noticed this. haha
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:37:46 AM

Interesting

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:04:14 AM

I still prefer your chart tool to any others Clark. It does occasionally bug up but im assuming thats because of issues from MTGox side for the msot part. Keep up the good work!

It would be awesome if you could program that into a secure downloadable bitcoin trading platform that integrates with MTGox API for those such as myself who cant be bothered to learn another type of programming. All you would have to do is integrate some buy sell orders with simple gui. I suggest this to you of course because you have the best chart website and if you could code this site you could easily code a nice trading platform.
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 06:10:24 AM

As to the missing orders: that was my fault. I got careless with the 32-bit integer thing on PHP, and it wasn't sending the full-sized orders from my server (I grab the book from MtGox with my server and send it to the client).

It would be awesome if you could program that into a secure downloadable bitcoin trading platform that integrates with MTGox API for those such as myself who cant be bothered to learn another type of programming. All you would have to do is integrate some buy sell orders with simple gui. I suggest this to you of course because you have the best chart website and if you could code this site you could easily code a nice trading platform.

You will be pleasantly surprised in the coming weeks  Wink

Stay tuned.

bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:11:49 AM

As to the missing orders: that was my fault. I got careless with the 32-bit integer thing on PHP, and it wasn't sending the full-sized orders from my server (I grab the book from MtGox with my server and send it to the client).

Stay tuned.

This is BIG NEWS! I will definitely be donating for that.
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 06:12:25 AM

Stay tuned.

This is BIG NEWS! I will definitely be donating for that.

Me too. Especially if it includes bitcoinica API and data.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: