Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:46:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flexcoin API -- need some feedback...  (Read 1582 times)
the founder (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 08:22:22 PM

ok we're *almost* done with the API ...

I need some feedback or better said a "wish list" of what functionality you want in the API.

I already got some feedback in terms of ease of use to develop mobile apps from it... IE:  people want a iphone  / android app that doesn't require downloading the whole blockchain,  I have some requests to have features built into it to allow for DRM (don't ask... not my idea).

Any other potential uses that you can think of that you would like built into it to allow developers to build what they need...

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 03:07:23 PM

I appreciate the 1.5 million private messages,  but honestly it would make more sense to make those ideas public for further comment.

1 - DRM
2 - iphone / android app development
3 - Voting booth
4 - pgp (taken from below thread)

Were the top ones ... but I really want more published here rather than filling up my inbox...  my inbox doesn't help everyone comment you know?

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:27:35 PM

DRM?  Sounds like a bad idea.

Smartphone access sounds like the best idea of the ones you've posted, but that is something built on the API, not in the API itself.

In the API, you need the usual functions to get account info (balance, transactions, deposit addresses), and to send coins (to addresses or flexcoin names).  Also, to enable shopping carts and such you need a way to tell the system to expect payments, and things to do when the payments arrive (callbacks, sweep policies, re-transfers, etc).

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 06:21:05 PM

I completely hear you ... and you're 1000% correct... but I don't want to include functionality that won't be needed,  it will lead to code bloat... which always means more security problems.

Another major reason I need some sort of target list is due to our marketing of the API .. if mobile is huge.. then I would like the ability to pitch it to mobile developers.

soundasleep

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:51:10 AM

How is the Flexcoin API going? From what I can tell there's no API yet. Once an API is in place then I can add support for flexcoin balances in CryptFolio as requested by your users: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192423.msg1993478#msg1993478

Your API should have a secret-based method that returns the users' current balance in each currency. This API must be read-only, it must not be possible to make transactions with this "get balances" API. Mt.Gox, BTC-e and Vircurex all do it very well.

You should also fix your password length, the fact that a password can only be a maximum of 20 characters suggests you are storing it in plaintext and not hashing it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: