Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:55:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014-04-19 GigaOM - More than a million bitcoin tweets analyzed  (Read 839 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:33:34 AM

I analyzed more than a million bitcoin tweets. Here's what that looks like.

https://gigaom.com/2014/04/19/i-analyzed-more-than-a-million-bitcoin-tweets-heres-what-that-looks-like/

<< In an effort to get a grip on how global a phenomenon bitcoin really is, I acquired data on more than 1.3 million tweets, spanning the month of February, about the crypto-currency. Here's a breakdown of who's tweeting, where and what they’re sharing. >>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

I analyzed more than a million bitcoin tweets. Here's what that looks like.

https://gigaom.com/2014/04/19/i-analyzed-more-than-a-million-bitcoin-tweets-heres-what-that-looks-like/

<< In an effort to get a grip on how global a phenomenon bitcoin really is, I acquired data on more than 1.3 million tweets, spanning the month of February, about the crypto-currency. Here's a breakdown of who's tweeting, where and what they’re sharing. >>

Surprisingly interesting to this non-Twitter user. Good insightful analysis by the author and by several of the commenters. A couple of teasers:

"When journalists finally do get wind of a story, their articles tend to spread pretty well" (context is that the twitterverse picks up on trends long before msm sources notice anything).

"... the Chinese based discussion isn’t going to be on Twitter, or in English, so it’s safer to say that the analysis here reflects how (sic) the English speaking press / community view of Bitcoins." (a commenter's remark about one of the limitations to the approach).

As a sombre side note - if an amateur can do this kind of casual data mining, imagine what the big guys are doing.

TonyZX

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:13:03 AM

This means that a truly large number of people involved in the use of bitcoins

Bitcoin is our past, present and future!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: