Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:16:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: R9 280x XFX not detected in system  (Read 2058 times)
PTseller (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:17:07 AM

Today morning when i wake up i saw my 1 gpu is not showing in cgminer and others are working fine. I have shutdown the system and checked my gpu and clean it ! but again when i start cgminer it's not working. The Gpu fan is moving and i can hear the sound in gpu that it's running but it's not showing in Device Manager ! can anyone please tell me what is the problem !!!

Model --->>  R9 280x XFX !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:24:05 AM

Did you undervolt the videocard? Did you check temperatures while mining, with Gpu-z or HwInfo?

You may have damaged it...

Remove other cards and plug this one directly on the motherboard, PCI-e 16x. See if it boots and displays the desktop at least. Then see if it shows as VGA or AMD Radeon

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
PTseller (OP)
Legendary

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:39:58 AM

Did you undervolt the videocard? Did you check temperatures while mining, with Gpu-z or HwInfo?

Remove other cards and plug this one directly on the motherboard, PCI-e 16x. See if it boots and displays the desktop at least. Then see if it shows as VGA or AMD Radeon

i am mining from 3 months with it never got any problem like this before and yes i have checked temp it was 77 degree ! And how can you say that mate it is damage ?? the Gpu fan is working fine !

And yes i have removed it and inserted in another 16x slot but in device manager it's not showing ! other cards are working fine !
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:49:16 AM

If it doesn't work then its RMA time.
PTseller (OP)
Legendary

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:53:58 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 10:19:06 AM by PTseller

Shocked Shocked Shocked Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
pekv2

Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:20:43 AM

what is that ??

Return Merchandise Authorization.

You get an RMA form with an RMA# from the brand "sapphire,xfx who ever made the card" fill it out, write an RMA# on the mailing box with the product safely inside, static protected ect ect ect, mail it off with the rma form filled out inside with the product. Of course you get a mailing address to put on the box. I like to text it on notepad++, print it out cut it to size, using clear boxing tape to hold it on the box. USPS will then read that and put a special mail off sticker on the box.

You get a new card later on in the mail after they test and find the RMA'd card failed.
Equate

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:23:53 AM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

you don't know what is RMA lol
PTseller (OP)
Legendary

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:24:21 AM

what is that ??

You get an RMA form with an RMA# from the brand "sapphire,xfx who ever made the card" fill it out, write an RMA# on the mailing box with the product safely inside, static protected ect ect ect, mail it off with the rma form filled out inside with the product.

i know the service center of XFX in my city should i go there and get replaced with the new one ?? i am still thinking during undervolt damage we get replaced with new one ?? And the main important thing the fan is still working and i can hear the sound of heat in GPU !!

pekv2

Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:27:07 AM

i know the service center of XFX in my city should i go there and get replaced with the new one ??

I don't know, you can try, but you still need an rma form ect. "i think for something like this whether it be mailed or brought in.
Equate

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:28:49 AM

what is that ??

You get an RMA form with an RMA# from the brand "sapphire,xfx who ever made the card" fill it out, write an RMA# on the mailing box with the product safely inside, static protected ect ect ect, mail it off with the rma form filled out inside with the product.

i know the service center of XFX in my city should i go there and get replaced with the new one ?? i am still thinking during undervolt damage we get replaced with new one ?? And the main important thing the fan is still working and i can hear the sound of heat in GPU !!

you can call the XFX service centre and tell them i want to RMA my card and they will tell you the whole steps to do in order to RMA.
PTseller (OP)
Legendary

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:33:02 AM

what is that ??

you can call the XFX service centre and tell them i want to RMA my card and they will tell you the whole steps to do in order to RMA.

we have to pay money in RMA ? or it get replaced with 0 cost ?
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:35:52 AM

i am mining from 3 months with it never got any problem like this before and yes i have checked temp it was 77 degree ! And how can you say that mate it is damage ?? the Gpu fan is working fine !

And yes i have removed it and inserted in another 16x slot but in device manager it's not showing ! other cards are working fine !
Well, I'm not talking about "another 16x slot", please pay attention.

Remove all cards. Insert that XFX on the primary 16x slot nearest the CPU and connect a monitor. What happens? Does the rig boot? Does the bios information appears? Does the rig boot to Windows? Does it show as VGA adapter or AMD Radeon...?

77ºC is the temperature on the core. The VRM or power components can reach much higher temperatures.

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Equate

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:39:09 AM

what is that ??

Zero cost, you will get the same card as replacement or they will repair the same if possible.
PTseller (OP)
Legendary

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:39:17 AM

Well, I'm not talking about "another 16x slot", please pay attention.

Remove all cards. Insert that XFX on the primary 16x slot nearest the CPU and connect a monitor. What happens? Does the rig boot? Does the bios information appears? Does the rig boot to Windows? Does it show as VGA adapter or AMD radeon?

yes i have connected to primary slot !

bios information appears
system get start but with no graphic drivers !
In device manager it's shows VGA adapter
Equate

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:40:45 AM

Have you tried to reinstall the drivers again.
PTseller (OP)
Legendary

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:41:01 AM

what is that ??

Zero cost, you will get the same card as replacement.

Wink Wink thank will go to direct service center tomorrow and i hope i get new Card !! Thank you bro for giving me time i appreciate that  Smiley
Equate

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:42:47 AM

Before you go just do the drivers reinstall and report back.
PTseller (OP)
Legendary

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:43:14 AM

yes i have uninstalled the drivers and installed it again ! but same problem !!  btw i have to update the drivers ?? someone told me to update drivers and bios also !!
Equate

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:46:54 AM

yes i have uninstalled the drivers and installed it again ! but same problem !!  btw i have to update the drivers ?? someone told me to update drivers and bios also !!

use the drivers which you use when your system works properly before the problem.And also if others gpu's works fine then its not a driver problem.
PTseller (OP)
Legendary

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:47:43 AM

yes i have uninstalled the drivers and installed it again ! but same problem !!  btw i have to update the drivers ?? someone told me to update drivers and bios also !!

use the drivers which you use when your system works properly before the problem.And also if others gpu's works fine then its not a driver problem.

Bios version -> 015.041.000.000.000000
driver version -> CATALYST 13.10

And yes the other GPU's working fine !
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: