Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:06:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling short in an exchange...the biggest scam of all  (Read 4420 times)
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:50:16 PM

What evidence?  You have given no evidence.  So far the only scam here is the FUD you are trying to create.  
There is no need to try to make this personal.
I have outlined the specifics of the strategies that have been happeing in AUR.

So you have nothing and are just making up nonsense.   AUR is going down because it was pumped up far higher that it should have been.   Now there is too much supply for the demand.  In fact is still probably priced too high.   Short selling doesn't make things just go down, it has to be covered and that causes buying pressure.   Anyway, no way that program traders would even be interested in something like AUR. 

BTC went through the same types of cycles as AUR.   So do you think it was short traders that cause those when BTC wasn't even trading for a dollar?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:31:09 PM

I have outlined the specifics of the strategies that have been happeing in AUR.
I have serious doubts about the sophisticated trading and market making you claim in these tiny alt coins, such as AUR. You do realize AUR's market cap is less then $1 million and has extremely low liquidity right? It seems to me that this is nothing more then a pump and dump, like many of the alt coins out there.

I expect the market makers went and said similar kinds of  things they say to other financial exchanges.

"Give us the ability to sell short (in this case) and we will increase your volume ,and you will make more money."
If this was the case, why wouldn't the exchange just naked short themselves? Why allow these "market makers" (using the term loosely here) to naked short, when they can do it themselves and make more profit?
dyask

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:02:40 PM

If you want to try to make your case you need to refute them. At the moment you have not responded to them, The place for you to start is to go back, read them , and respond.

Wrong, you are the one making the scam claims.   It is your task to back up your claims with evidence.   You haven't done that.

You have no experience with computer trading programs, as I have over several years on a daily basis. You have a small amount of experience with doing whatever your broker told you and siging whatever he told you to sign, without even understanding it.

Again you are just saying things.   I have actually written a trading program and also used it.   Also you don't seem to have any experience with brokers.   The only time there was ever anything to sign was when opening up an account.  Even that wasn't consistent.
adhitthana (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:01:37 PM

If this was the case, why wouldn't the exchange just naked short themselves? Why allow these "market makers" (using the term loosely here) to naked short, when they can do it themselves and make more profit?
They may...but it's probably not their area of expertise
adhitthana (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:03:34 PM

I have serious doubts about the sophisticated trading and market making you claim in these tiny alt coins,
The whole thing is an experiment. The whole crypto landscape is changing so fast. Why wouldn't someone xperiemnt to see wht works...to see what will happen. To be there in place if the crypto world grows.
adhitthana (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:06:47 PM

AUR is going down because it was pumped up far higher that it should have been.   Now there is too much supply for the demand.
I agree. But you still haven't understood. This is exactly the sort of coin a shorter would like to target. The coin went too high. There is an unusual supply due to the airdrop.
This makes it an easy target for "shorters".
Think about it.

You have argued that it's not shorters targeting the coin but that other circumstances make the coin weak. But both can be true.
Why would someone adopt a strategy of shorting a coin if there was lots of demand and a short supply?
dyask

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:09:53 PM

AUR is going down because it was pumped up far higher that it should have been.   Now there is too much supply for the demand. 
I agree. But you still haven't understood. This is exactly the sort of coin a shorter would like to target. The coin wnet too high. There is an unusual supply due to the airdrop.
This makes it an easy target for "shorters".
Think about it.

Doesn't mean there is any shorting going on.  I doubt it even can be shorted.   There never was enough value in AUR for shorting.
adhitthana (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:12:23 PM

Doesn't mean there is any shorting going on.  I doubt it even can be shorted.   There never was enough value in AUR for shorting.
Air went to 0.15 BTC. ...
But you still don't get it. The whole crypto landscape is growing very fast. It makes sense to get in on the ground floor, to see what works.
People are doing this in every conceivable way.
dyask

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:31:21 PM

Air went to 0.15 BTC. ...
But you still don't get it. The whole crypto landscape is growing very fast. It makes sense to get in on the ground floor, to see what works.
People are doing this in every conceivable way.

Again you are the one making claims, you are the one that has to present evidence to back up your claims. 
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:02:23 AM

Think about it, exchanges make hundreds of bitcoins through the trades...what do they do with all these coins they made thru profit? I'd say they manipulate the markets. Those 0.50% trading fees add up quick.
THeZoiD

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:19:28 AM

short selling is not the real danger for small investor...

im not happy when i loose from it...but im the first to do it when i get the chance...lol

the real danger for small trader is the whales... There is not anough people into cryptocurrency to control this

the whale gonna put a verry large sale to prevent price from going up...

the he would offer small amount of coins at small price(to drive the price down) and buy as much as they can...

then remove the wall(on the sale side) to allow the price going up...

and the coins they got at low price...sale it at top price

we need way more people mining and tradind to stop that

the reason i cant do that is...im too small...lol...people just buy off my wall...

THeZoiD

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:23:49 AM

Think about it, exchanges make hundreds of bitcoins through the trades...what do they do with all these coins they made thru profit? I'd say they manipulate the markets. Those 0.50% trading fees add up quick.

i get your point but...

if you spend time to develop a trading site and take the responsability that goes with it...

you deserve to make money...its just fare

if you want you can start your own...

im happy to pay the fees for the service thoes sites provide.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: