< 12 years old
< 18 years old
< 21 years old
< 30 years old
< 50 years old
i'm a wise old man / woman

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Daily Speculation Poll] :: Bitcoiner Age Groups  (Read 4773 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 03:23:17 AM

Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 03:31:21 AM

Heh, I like this poll, because the results do NOT surprise me.  Usually I only like polls for the exact opposite reason.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
RicePicker

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

RicePicker

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:28:28 AM

I feel so young around you old guys.  Tongue

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid! =D
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 07:41:45 AM

4 12 years old... really? are people trolling?

RicePicker

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

RicePicker

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 08:03:41 AM

I am the only 18 year old right now. Smiley

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid! =D
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 08:06:44 AM

26 here. Bitcoiners in my group range from 14 to 60 though.

bitwiz

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:21:29 PM

I dont get it.
Does < 30 mean .... lower than 30? or 30+ ?
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:23:38 PM

I am surprised at how many 30+ there are.

Wait I clicked the wrong group. Forgot my more/less than sense for a while. You should provide an option to change your vote.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:33:57 PM

Remember that Bitcoin cares not about age. It's the only ecommerce solution for the entire sub-18 population.

Given the fact that Bitcoinica was created by a 17-year old, I think it's pretty exciting that that entire section of the population may be drawn towards btc.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 07:03:04 PM

Remember that Bitcoin cares not about age. It's the only ecommerce solution for the entire sub-18 population.

Given the fact that Bitcoinica was created by a 17-year old, I think it's pretty exciting that that entire section of the population may be drawn towards btc.

ya but it would seem people under 18 only make up 5.9% of the bitcoin population.

could it be they are to busy trading WOW gold to care about bitcoins?

phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 09:21:20 PM

I'm 28.  Only about 6 years ago did I start paying attention to financial news, started watching the stock market, etc.  I've learned a lot about investing since then, and Bitcoin was my first real investment and first real trading experience.  I'm glad I took the gamble - I've purchased all my street bike safety gear and my MSF course with nothing but BTC profits, close to buying my bike from a friend now.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 09:37:37 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2012, 09:49:04 PM by teflone

I'm 28.  Only about 6 years ago did I start paying attention to financial news, started watching the stock market, etc.  I've learned a lot about investing since then, and Bitcoin was my first real investment and first real trading experience.  I'm glad I took the gamble - I've purchased all my street bike safety gear and my MSF course with nothing but BTC profits, close to buying my bike from a friend now.

Awesome!

I have also invested in gear from BTC, I just wish I could buy gear IN btc..

Welcome rider, keep the shiny side up and the rubber down.. //

Ride safe! I hit bambi last year and removed my elbow, was riding in tshirt and jeans..  I learned my lesson, ATGATT

You dont wanna be like me an in the hospital asking how they are going to stitch me up and the nurses all laughing..

They said you have to have skin to stitch up first... :S

If I had my gear on, I could have walked away from the bambi slaying incident..

Heres a pic of the stupid cop that was about to eviscerate the baby dear with a shot gun.. Smiley

He was quickly called an idiot when the animal control yelled at him and said his side arm was much more relevant, and to get back, he has a needle for this sorta thing.

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 09:54:27 PM

I'm 28.  Only about 6 years ago did I start paying attention to financial news, started watching the stock market, etc.  I've learned a lot about investing since then, and Bitcoin was my first real investment and first real trading experience.  I'm glad I took the gamble - I've purchased all my street bike safety gear and my MSF course with nothing but BTC profits, close to buying my bike from a friend now.

me too, I'm 24, bought my first house on my 24th b-day... i was looking at at investments for my saving.. but all the banks will only offer you is like 1 or 2 gay ass %.   (wtf is the point)

so now I'm thinking of dumping a good deal of my life savings in bitcoin... the longer i think the less my ROI  Undecided

some people tell me i should, double my money; cash out half. double my money; cash out half. ect.. "Play the Game" but i don't want to die from  heart attack!  Tongue

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 10:47:41 PM

I AM 12 AND WHAT IS THIS

... not really, just felt that the option only exists so that someone says this and thereby implicitly gives info about his age. Tongue

I wonder about the male/female ratio though. As in, I wonder whether female Bitcoiners exist. I never met one on our local meetings, so sub-10% seems reasonable.

some people tell me i should, double my money; cash out half. double my money; cash out half. ect.. "Play the Game" but i don't want to die from  heart attack!  Tongue

Interesting position, problem is that the majority of people never manage a single iteration of "double the money, cash out half". But it's possible. I just managed my second: bought around 3, cashed out the initial investment in the 6-7 area. For some reason, I never do this because I planned to, but because the market does something I find strange. So far, the hunch always turned out right, though it took patience sometimes.

My dreams: make a big project that uses Bitcoin to power up internet services; and become a market maker so nobody complains about pointless volatility anymore. Cool Come on, keep feeding me mania, if it keeps going like the last 7 months, even an initially small first-timer like me can make it! Grin

Only thing I bought from the profits is an epic display. That's useful for both trading and programming, so I made an exception.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 11:21:33 PM

I wonder about the male/female ratio though. As in, I wonder whether female Bitcoiners exist. I never met one on our local meetings, so sub-10% seems reasonable.

see the forum stats page:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

Male to Female Ratio:    2.2:1

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 12:37:12 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

Male to Female Ratio:    2.2:1

Want to make a bet that it's worse than that?

Females have a higher tendency to fill in such info. You, for example, are genderless on your profile page. May I take a wild guess that you are male? Tongue In addition, spammers and scammers likely prefer to impersonate a female, faking the measured distribution further.

Lesson one in science and speculation: always double-check for systematic errors. Wink
phorensic

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 12:46:44 AM

I'm 28.  Only about 6 years ago did I start paying attention to financial news, started watching the stock market, etc.  I've learned a lot about investing since then, and Bitcoin was my first real investment and first real trading experience.  I'm glad I took the gamble - I've purchased all my street bike safety gear and my MSF course with nothing but BTC profits, close to buying my bike from a friend now.

Awesome!

Ride safe! I hit bambi last year and removed my elbow, was riding in tshirt and jeans..  I learned my lesson, ATGATT

You dont wanna be like me an in the hospital asking how they are going to stitch me up and the nurses all laughing..

Heres a pic of the stupid cop that was about to eviscerate the baby dear with a shot gun.. Smiley

He was quickly called an idiot when the animal control yelled at him and said his side arm was much more relevant, and to get back, he has a needle for this sorta thing.

/snip

Ah shit man, you hit Bambi!!!  Well, I didn't skimp on my dirt bike safety gear and I definitely didn't skimp on my street bike gear either.  Still doesn't mean I won't get hurt.  Fell down in 1st gear learning how to slide the rear and tore up my knee again.  Buddy was wearing full gear on New Years and tried to take a little jump and ended up in a helicopter with 5 broken ribs, punctured lung, knocked out, air entering chest cavity under his skin, etc.  Motorcycles are just freakin' dangerous and I fully realize it.
teflone

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 12:53:28 AM

Awesome!

/snip

Ah shit man, you hit Bambi!!!  Well, I didn't skimp on my dirt bike safety gear and I definitely didn't skimp on my street bike gear either.  Still doesn't mean I won't get hurt.  Fell down in 1st gear learning how to slide the rear and tore up my knee again.  Buddy was wearing full gear on New Years and tried to take a little jump and ended up in a helicopter with 5 broken ribs, punctured lung, knocked out, air entering chest cavity under his skin, etc.  Motorcycles are just freakin' dangerous and I fully realize it.

Yes, they are VERY dangerous, but mostly due to retarded drivers...  Best tip I can give you is to ride like your invisible. No one sees you, specially woman drivers..  I've lost count of the mirrors I have kicked or punched from stupid people trying to "share" my lane..
I figure, if they arent using them, why should they be attached to their cars ? Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
phorensic

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 01:00:18 AM

I'm more scared of learning how to split lanes than I am doing a rocky hillclimb, jumping things, or getting sideways on my dirt bike, lol.  But yeah, I know what you mean.  When I drive the freeways I drive like every single idiot is ready to turn their car into me at any moment for no reason whatsoever.  It's like an freakin' obstacle course just to get to work...and that's in a full size car!
teflone

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 01:14:15 AM

I'm more scared of learning how to split lanes than I am doing a rocky hillclimb, jumping things, or getting sideways on my dirt bike, lol.  But yeah, I know what you mean.  When I drive the freeways I drive like every single idiot is ready to turn their car into me at any moment for no reason whatsoever.  It's like an freakin' obstacle course just to get to work...and that's in a full size car!

Where are you ?  is lane splitting legal ?

Its not up here in canada, its very very dangerous.. but I cant count the times I've wanted to.. Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: