Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:49:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to look for in a developer when hiring one to make a new coin?  (Read 393 times)
gebuscrust (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:53:03 PM

Hey guys, i'm new to bitcointalk. I have 0 experience in developing. I would like to create a coin. I don't want to use random tutorials because that'll only get me so far. The maintenance and troubleshooting afterwords will be impossible for me to manage in the future life of the coin. SO, i want to hire a developer locally(Toronto, canada), that will help make the coin, block explorer and everything else that is required to run a full on legitimate coin. I need to know what skills to look for? and how to confirm their qualifications? how much should I pay? What contracts to put in place? How long should it take? What are the ongoing costs of keeping the coin up and running, such as hosting. What are the start up costs?

Also, how can i find such talent locally? Just make a job posting and hope they're legit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:42:25 PM

It would be hard to find a local developer. But you can have  a look at services section, there are a few people offerings their services there. A guy I can recommend is Josh, but he isn't from Canada.
bgade

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:18:56 AM

Hey guys, i'm new to bitcointalk. I have 0 experience in developing. I would like to create a coin. I don't want to use random tutorials because that'll only get me so far. The maintenance and troubleshooting afterwords will be impossible for me to manage in the future life of the coin. SO, i want to hire a developer locally(Toronto, canada), that will help make the coin, block explorer and everything else that is required to run a full on legitimate coin. I need to know what skills to look for? and how to confirm their qualifications? how much should I pay? What contracts to put in place? How long should it take? What are the ongoing costs of keeping the coin up and running, such as hosting. What are the start up costs?

Also, how can i find such talent locally? Just make a job posting and hope they're legit?

I really think you should rethink making your own coin.  If you have the ability to make a coin a winner, there are plenty out there already that you could make your own and make into the "next big thing". 

But... I know you will want to do it anyway...!

I'm in Canada, but not in Toronto or Ontario.

I would expect that you should expect to pay around $1000 Canadian for someone who is any good.  Remember that a good coder is charging $50-$100 an hour.  If you are paying less... there is a reason.

Forking a new coin isn't hard - the code is the easy part.  You also need to have a few base nodes and the webserver, etc.  They aren't huge costs, but they are there.

The bigger aspect is doing some public relations, etc. 

Can I ask what you have for a budget?  I'd be glad to work with you if you have some cash.  But, if you are hoping for free - I'm already involved in a great coin project that eats up my spare (unpaid) time. 

Get in touch - I wouldn't mind talking a little more and answering any questions you have about making a new coin.  I still don't think you should... but hey... money talks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: