Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:45:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a new coin break-in and be a big success?  (Read 2917 times)
mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:01:41 PM

Anyone knows, if the source code for an altcoin is available online? Maybe I can start with that and modify it to meet my needs?

Are you really asking for a source code ?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crunchynut

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:03:17 PM

i can sell you the rapecoin source code. 2 btc if you promise to keep the copyright notice in case you're releasing your own coin.

Sent you PM.
Where does the copyright notice appear? Is it only in the code, or also in "About" in the wallet client? elsewhere?

in the source code on top of several files and in the about dialog of the qt wallet.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
ITGeniusGuru (OP)

Activity: 264

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:31:22 PM

in the source code on top of several files and in the about dialog of the qt wallet.

Does it mention the name of the coin (rapecoin)? and if yes, can I keep it but modify it slightly to say something like: "Built on rapecoin technology"?
If OK with you, give me the exact text of that copyright notice as it is now?
kggservices

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:49:08 PM

What if you made a coin that has no limit that it's simply infinity amount ?

what if the difficulty was longer due to it being infinity and makes something of value at the same time ?

What if there was a new format of a wallet that means anybody in the world can use it regardless of internet or APP?

What if a platform that is already existing that complies with day to day use for people to receive and send payment for goods?

What if a coin had a certain stability in price that +/- 10% jumps on value that was not controled so much by traders due to it being designed to be used as a day to day payment currency?

I am very interested in the answers to my qeustion

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
crunchynut

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:20:13 PM

Does it mention the name of the coin (rapecoin)? and if yes, can I keep it but modify it slightly to say something like: "Built on rapecoin technology"?
If OK with you, give me the exact text of that copyright notice as it is now?

change it to whatever you want as long as it is clear what is meant.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:24:57 PM

I think if you have to ask how to make one you won't be bringing anything to the table really. How are you going to develop it? How will you protect it from attack?
kggservices

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:28:26 PM

What if you made a coin that has no limit that it's simply infinity amount ?

what if the difficulty was longer due to it being infinity and makes something of value at the same time ?

What if there was a new format of a wallet that means anybody in the world can use it regardless of internet or APP?

What if a platform that is already existing that complies with day to day use for people to receive and send payment for goods?

What if a coin had a certain stability in price that +/- 10% jumps on value that was not controled so much by traders due to it being designed to be used as a day to day payment currency?

I am very interested in the answers to my qeustion

why do people think they can make a coin that's better than the original, using the originals work?

Because Bitcoin has limitations and disadvantages that hamper its worldwide acceptance as a payment tool:
Bitcoins Are Not Widely Accepted
Wallets Can Be Lost
Bitcoin Valuation Fluctuates
No Buyer Protection
Risk of Unknown Technical Flaws
Built in Deflation
No Physical Form
No Valuation Guarantee

I was a non-believer, until I paid for an item from a Chinese manufacturer with bitcoin online. No bank wire transfer, no exorbitant fees, and immediate transfer of payment. This can be the way all international trade can be done in the future. But only if the buyer can trust the seller will deliver, and not screw him over.

Perhaps, the biggest limitation I see is its limited supply that will end in 2140. What will happen when no more coins are minted and miners lose every incentive to keep mining? Transaction fees will not be enough to pay for expensive ASICs.

Is there room for improvement here?

Is there room for a new BETTER coin than Bitcoin?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:32:39 PM

ITGeniusGuru has obviously never heard of open source......don't fuck him too badly, crunchynut.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:19:11 PM

Please don't clone Rapecoin.  This coin might be funny if it wasn't so sick and an embarrassment to all crypto coins.  Associating with this pathetic attention seeking coin is going to look bad.

You don't have to be a programming genius to get started. The creators of dogecoin used a howto clone foocoin guide on the web.  

Here is one:

http://dogecoin.ga/how_to_create_scrypt_based_altcoins.html

Just think of a clever way to market it.  

mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:50:25 PM

ITGeniusGuru has obviously never heard of open source......don't fuck him too badly, crunchynut.

Either he is totally dumb or he is just being a troll..

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:03:10 PM

with a coder next to you that can take care of the developing department

Turns-out: easier said than done. All potential developers I contacted thru this forum were more interested in discouraging me from creating my coin, than offering advice or some help.

Anyone knows, if the source code for an altcoin is available online? Maybe I can start with that and modify it to meet my needs?

i can sell you the rapecoin source code. 2 btc if you promise to keep the copyright notice in case you're releasing your own coin.

2 btc for just the source code, seriously? I've seen people in the services section offering development of whole coin (by that I mean source, compilation, and custom modifications) for way less than that.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:14:11 PM

To be fair, it's encouraged to sell open source software for the whatever price you can.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 10:28:02 PM

It needs to really stand out among the pile of copy/scam/shit coins that are released daily.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
wegsturm

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:30:49 PM

If you have no experience then download the source of a coin with good devs like Digibyte, Darkcoin or Next and use it for learning.
But please...don't publish the outcome as a regular coin and call it "innovative"  Roll Eyes

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 10:36:03 PM

If you have no experience then download the source of a coin with good devs like Digibyte, Darkcoin or Next and use it for learning.
But please...don't publish the outcome as a regular coin and call it "innovative"  Roll Eyes
This happen often so don't get surprised if you see it again.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ITGeniusGuru (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:00:27 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 01:16:41 AM by ITGeniusGuru

Either he is totally dumb or he is just being a troll..

I am actually both. And also lazy to boot.

So I decided to get off my lazy bum and use a tool I never heard of before: Google search.
I googled: altcoin source code.

And so, let me put forward a new set of questions to the knowledgeable gurus out there:
(I will also post the questions below in the DEV forums, and endure some more ridiculing  Grin ).

How easy (or difficult) is it to modify bitcoin source to change behavior of a newly-created altcoin?
- Is bitcoin-0.6.3-linux.tar the latest and greatest source available? What langage is this written in? Is this updated on a regular basis? Where is the Windows source (or is it also compiled from same)?
- Can the following modifications be done to the code (a simple yes/no answer would be great):
- All coins are pre-mined.
- All mining is done by only one central point, not by the general public.
- To accomplish above, keep network difficulty at zero or less than one, and never changes.
- To accomplish above, limit number of confirmations required for transactions to one or two only?
- Automatic deposit of a changeable amount of coins (after a changeable mandatory waiting period) in every new wallet activated.

If above changes can be implemented, how difficult (or easy) would it be?

Thanks all for input and constructive criticism.
ITGeniusGuru (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:41:15 PM

Thanks for advice. I am not a developer, have no such experience, will not start learning it now, and prefer to leave that side of my project to a competent one.
ITGeniusGuru (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:45:12 PM

2 btc for just the source code, seriously? I've seen people in the services section offering development of whole coin (by that I mean source, compilation, and custom modifications) for way less than that.

Would you be kind enough to PM me a link to such offers, or the usernames of members who made such offers?
I guess I could do a forum search, but I am thinking maybe you already know where to quickly find that info.
ITGeniusGuru (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:53:58 PM

You don't have to be a programming genius to get started. The creators of dogecoin used a howto clone foocoin guide on the web.
http://dogecoin.gahow_to_create_scrypt_based_altcoins.html
Just think of a clever way to market it.  

THANK YOU! that's exactly the kind of help I was hoping to get.
Is there a similar how-to guide for SHA-256 (NOT scrypt) altcoin? Or how easy (or difficult) is it to change the algo in the source code?
Sure, anyone can create a new coin, good or bad. The trick is to market, promote it, and create demand for it. I totally agree with you. This is the differentiator. Some members have already PM'd me offering help in that department, especially from China... The Chinese are quite motivated and have an aggressive positive attitude!
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:27:13 AM

Wow you really don't know anything about Altcoins what so ever.  Lol.  I think you should contact Vlad2Vlad.  The 2 of you could create something that would leave the world standing in awe. 

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: