Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:51:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a new coin break-in and be a big success?  (Read 2917 times)
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:58:03 AM

What if you made a coin that has no limit that it's simply infinity amount ?
what if the difficulty was longer due to it being infinity and makes something of value at the same time ?
What if there was a new format of a wallet that means anybody in the world can use it regardless of internet or APP?
What if a platform that is already existing that complies with day to day use for people to receive and send payment for goods?
What if a coin had a certain stability in price that +/- 10% jumps on value that was not controled so much by traders due to it being designed to be used as a day to day payment currency?
I am very interested in the answers to my qeustion

You are reading my mind.

RE: What if you made a coin that has no limit that it's simply infinity amount ?

Been done. See Novacoin, others too? Some others have no set "hard limits" but have "soft limits" already that could be redefined later if the majority agrees to support that new "fork" in the future.

RE: what if the difficulty was longer due to it being infinity and makes something of value at the same time ?

That would be fair to future generations. But around here it's a greed filled madhouse, just like the broader society.

RE: What if there was a new format of a wallet that means anybody in the world can use it regardless of internet or APP?

Already done: See many various cryptocoins, including Bitcoin, lol.

RE: What if a platform that is already existing that complies with day to day use for people to receive and send payment for goods?

Do what? Not well written.

RE: What if a coin had a certain stability in price that +/- 10% jumps on value that was not controlled so much by traders due to it being designed to be used as a day to day payment currency?

It's not "traders" per say that are drastically effecting market price, but instead very little marketplace depth in many cryptocurrencies far too often. Even for Bitcoin at times. This will drastically improve for Bitcoin over time, but for now and the near term to the mid term over at least the next several years expect major swings to occur that will have to be endured. As for any others, very few are apt to be around in several more years time. From here out most will keep sinking into oblivian but with bear market rallies and pump & dump schemes engineered there by sucking many into thinking there is hope for their selections. Be extremely wary of trusting anyone's thoughts about anything except those bullish on Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the new king of currencies, believe it or not. It will keep doing what it's been doing for many years to come, with major rallies and major bear markets until it's price is far higher than most would dare now believe. Or of course it too goes back to being worth next to nothing should something else fully displace it, or Cryptocurrencies in general all fail due to various technicalities not yet on scene. Just realize no government and no other groups can hope to stop Decentralized Cryptocurrencies. The preverbial cat is out of the bag and there is no way to stop this Decentralized Monetary Revolution unless it's participants almost all surrender to whatever reasons. Which is extremely unlikely at this present point in time, all things considered, same for the future from here out.

Bitcoin is the King. Either ride the BitcoinExpress or very likely wish you had. Speculate only a dash with others as you desire but don't dare get left behind or that next rally could pass you by and quite likely break your spirit as well as financially cause you grave harm.

Much like Ebay beat out all contenders so has Bitcoin whipped all contenders combined, and Bitcoin is so far ahead and gaining strenth with each passing setback that it's quite obvious now that it's almost assured 1st place, if not the lion share of the marketplace, much like Ebay. It's tough to dethrone or even squeeze into a marketplace like this. Bitcoin itself was fortunate with blessed timing and great media coverage to catapult it into the public's attention.

Bitcoin is Freedom

Caveat emptor
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcd

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:03:36 AM

And so - like so many others - I am thinking of launching my own SHA-256 coin, and so I was doing some research and reading altcoin threads.
I see the field already very crowded. Anyone can now launch a new coin.
I considered coingen.io to get started, but saw that it has bad reviews and limitations.
- Is there a better automated way to create a coin?
- I would like to get your feedback on what constitutes a successful launch of a new coin and what is needed to create demand for it?
- Anyone out there with development/bitcoin experience who'd like to partner with me?

With such a username, you should be able to eat bitcoin source code and spit out litecoin, vertcoin and blackcoin.
ITGeniusGuru (OP)

Activity: 264

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:24:00 AM

Bitcoin is the new king of currencies, believe it or not. It will keep doing what it's been doing for many years to come, with major rallies and major bear markets until it's price is far higher than most would dare now believe. Or of course it too goes back to being worth next to nothing should something else fully displace it, or Cryptocurrencies in general all fail due to various technicalities not yet on scene.

So...
"should something else fully displace it"
That's exactly the subject of this topic!
I am surprised a firm/strong believer in BTC such as yourself even mentions the possibility "something else" could displace it. And so my question is still the same" What other coin can come along and be a "Better coin than Bitcoin"??

Those who love BTC so much defend it against any criticism with the zeal and fanaticism of a religious cult defending its almighty GOD.

As for "or Cryptocurrencies in general all fail due to various technicalities not yet on scene."
two things come to mind:
1. BTC Transaction Malleability bug discovered and exploited not too long ago. when BTC core developers RUSHED-IN - in a mad dash - to fix it. Who to say another bug does not surface or a malicious attack - somehow - cripples the network?
2. Government interference: if I am not mistaken, Russia has banned a lot of BTC activity and set exorbitant import tariffs on mining hardware. China Central bank has banned Yuan deposits and withdrawals against BTC (I could be wrong about that, but that's what I had heard).
CoinsInTheCan

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:55:01 AM

Unless it's going to be innovative don't bother.

+1

Advanced features, preferable something any other coin don't have. And it needs to be POS or other very low-energy solution. Otherwise you are wasting your time.
CoinsInTheCan

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:08:56 AM

Bitcoin is the new king of currencies, believe it or not. It will keep doing what it's been doing for many years to come, with major rallies and major bear markets until it's price is far higher than most would dare now believe. Or of course it too goes back to being worth next to nothing should something else fully displace it, or Cryptocurrencies in general all fail due to various technicalities not yet on scene.

So...
"should something else fully displace it"
That's exactly the subject of this topic!
I am surprised a firm/strong believer in BTC such as yourself even mentions the possibility "something else" could displace it. And so my question is still the same" What other coin can come along and be a "Better coin than Bitcoin"??

Those who love BTC so much defend it against any criticism with the zeal and fanaticism of a religious cult defending its almighty GOD.

As for "or Cryptocurrencies in general all fail due to various technicalities not yet on scene."
two things come to mind:
1. BTC Transaction Malleability bug discovered and exploited not too long ago. when BTC core developers RUSHED-IN - in a mad dash - to fix it. Who to say another bug does not surface or a malicious attack - somehow - cripples the network?
2. Government interference: if I am not mistaken, Russia has banned a lot of BTC activity and set exorbitant import tariffs on mining hardware. China Central bank has banned Yuan deposits and withdrawals against BTC (I could be wrong about that, but that's what I had heard).

Second generation coins, NXT and NEM particularly, will overtake Bitcoin pretty soon with many advanced features, no 51% attack, no wasteful mining, lot faster confirmations etc, etc. If you think you can make better coin than those two, then go for it. You will need at least many good devs for that. It's going to be very hard task indeed. Propably you can use your money and time better by just invest in those... 
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 12:11:06 PM

+1

Advanced features, preferable something any other coin don't have. And it needs to be POS or other very low-energy solution. Otherwise you are wasting your time.
Then you can go check out DRK. It's been the best performer these past few days (on the market).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CoinsInTheCan

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:38:29 PM

+1

Then you can go check out DRK. It's been the best performer these past few days (on the market).

But isn't Dark a "one trick wonder"  like peercoin or Namecoin. And that anonymous thing is already in development on many other coins too.
CoinsInTheCan

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:48:37 PM

+1

But isn't Dark a "one trick wonder"  like peercoin or Namecoin. And that anonymous thing is already in development on many other coins too.

...And now it's getting down... Darkcoin feature (anonymous transactions) and also anonymous messaging is being released in NXT very soon... And it is just a beginning... 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: