Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:16:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was user MadCow banned? He did not organise any altcoin giveaway!!  (Read 1448 times)
boomboom (OP)

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:14:36 AM

User MadCow asked me to post here on their behalf. When he logged in yesterday he discovered his account had been banned for 30 days from PM & posting functions for 'conducting an altcoin giveaway'.

MadCow doesn't know anything about this, and suspects the mods are confusing him with the dev of 'MadCowCoin'. MadCow has nothing to do with any altcoin giveaways. Can you investigate?

This is MadCow
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=147581

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:31:29 AM

He's lying to you.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
boomboom (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:43:42 AM

He's lying to you.

Can you at least tell him what altcoin giveaway you're talking about? Is it the MadCowCoin thing?
boomboom (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:15:20 AM

He's lying to you.

Can you at least tell him what altcoin giveaway you're talking about? Is it the MadCowCoin thing?

Bump

@BadBear, Any news for MadCow?

Not being able to PM and post for 30 days on BTT is a real problem for a full-time crypto investor like MadCow.

MadCow respectively asks that you provide some more details on why he was banned. If you unable to back up your charge with any facts, then you need to recognise that you made a mistake on this one, and you should restore MadCow's privileges ASAP.

The charge against him just says "conducting a banned altcoin giveaway", but it doesn't provide any information on which coin or giveaway thread this charge relates to.

MadCow did say that he posted in the CINNI coin thread last week, and that was later taken down, but MadCow has nothing to do with the development of CINNI coin, he just posted a pass-phrase hash like about 100 other BTT users. He has never conducted any coin giveaways. He's not a coin developer, just an investor.

Anyway, it's pretty slack for a moderator to ban a guy without substantiating the charge.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:42:29 AM

Don't confuse "unable to back up my charge", with won't. I don't know you, don't care what you think, and certainly don't need to prove myself or my actions to you. But just so you'll stop bumping this stupid thread.

Please leave a message here if you want a part of the 4 Billion coins that will be issued! That's right there will be 4 billion of ME.TOO instead of 1 Billion. That's because we think NXT is like gold which can be used in valuable transactions meanwhile ME.TOO is like silver and can be used in everyday.

There is no cost to acquire coins, only your interest would suffice and remember for your interest you can get four times the amount of NXT or NEX you can get.

So to summarise, if you're 'interested' in NEM, then we're assuming you're 'interested in ME.TOO.

The thread is nothing but pages of "interested" spam, of which much has been deleted.

boomboom (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:12:01 AM

Don't confuse "unable to back up my charge", with won't. I don't know you, don't care what you think, and certainly don't need to prove myself or my actions to you. But just so you'll stop bumping this stupid thread.

Please leave a message here if you want a part of the 4 Billion coins that will be issued! That's right there will be 4 billion of ME.TOO instead of 1 Billion. That's because we think NXT is like gold which can be used in valuable transactions meanwhile ME.TOO is like silver and can be used in everyday.

There is no cost to acquire coins, only your interest would suffice and remember for your interest you can get four times the amount of NXT or NEX you can get.

So to summarise, if you're 'interested' in NEM, then we're assuming you're 'interested in ME.TOO.

The thread is nothing but pages of "interested" spam, of which much has been deleted.

That's from 19 January - 3 months ago!! What date did the rule about altcoin giveaways come into force?

That thread was from a time when FrictionlessCoin started NEX, a clone NXT. Why wasn't he banned?

A whole bunch of people made 'mock' clone threads to send him up. I think the giveaway rule started AFTER that time.

Why did MadCow get banned and not these users? They made mock NEX threads on the same date 19th January 2014. utopian Future later started a new thread when NEM bacame 'serious', but at the start the original NEM thread was exactly the same style as the ME.TOO thread.

2Kool4Skool made NEXX - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422272.0
Utopianfuture made NEM - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0

I don't know you, don't care what you think, and certainly don't need to prove myself or my actions to you.

Moderators should justify their actions. I suspect you  banned MadCow wrongly over MadCowCoin or CINNIcoin, and now you're dredging up ME.TOO from 3 months ago to avoid admitting your mistake, otherwise UtopianFuture and 2Kool4Skool would have been banned also. That's why you're getting aggressive and make such an angry and defensive answer to a reasonable user question - you're a bit embarrassed, or just not a very fair moderator.

boomboom (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:40:08 AM

Looks like MadCow started his NEX 'mock' thread a full week before altcoin giveaways were banned.

The ME.TOO thread was posted on 19 January. theymos post below was on 27 January.

Are retrospectively applied rules 90 days after the fact acceptable? Come on!! MadCow's ME.TOO thread was OK on January 19, no doubt about that in my mind.

BadBear will probably not unban MadCow, but he should.

Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:14:40 AM

Yeah, that should have been grandfathered in and just locked. Seriously, it's hard to always keep track of when threads were made over on that board...

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 06:04:45 AM

Doesn't really matter how long ago it was made, one doesn't get a pass just because we don't catch it within a set amount of time.

Looks like MadCow started his NEX 'mock' thread a full week before altcoin giveaways were banned.

The ME.TOO thread was posted on 19 January. theymos post below was on 27 January.

Though hadn't noticed this, still not too pleased with the 3 months of spam that resulted from it, he should have dealt with it himself, but I'll let it go.

MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:50:44 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 07:00:53 AM by MadCow

Doesn't really matter how long ago it was made, one doesn't get a pass just because we don't catch it within a set amount of time.

Though hadn't noticed this, still not too pleased with the 3 months of spam that resulted from it, he should have dealt with it himself, but I'll let it go.

Hey Thanks!! Good to be out of the sin-bin  Grin

Yes, I should have locked the ME.TOO thread, so I'm very sorry about that! I didn't realise people were still posting in it.

Thanks again for 'liberating' my account!

edit: Thanks boomboom! I owe you one!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: