Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:26:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What would be a reasonable fee to verify ozziecoin claims?
$1.10 - For Devs: No coffee, no beer
$2.20 - For Devs: Coffee, no beer
$3.30 - For Devs: Coffee & beer
$4.40 - For Devs: Coffee, beer & burger
$5.50 - For Devs: We eat lamb chops

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [0.9.1] Ozziecoin - Australia's first widely distributed digital coin  (Read 54644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ozziecoin (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 02:15:22 PM

Is the wallet updated?   Huh

Yes. Windows and MAC wallet working fine.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KingBB

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:46:56 PM

OK, super this is a great news.

Cheers !!!

Wink

I have one question. Do you plan to go to some better exchange? This BETASHAREX is unresponsible. I have some problem, and ask them to solve that. They didn't solve that jet,and today is exactly 30 day from bigining of my problem. Last two weeks they don't answer on mails or support tickets page. All other exchanges where  I have same problem with login solved it in 24h.
So I really think that you need to find better exchange if you meen your coin to succeed.

Cheers and keep a good work

Yes! We are working to transform Ozziecoin Market into a really professional exchange. You will be able to buy and sell Ozzicoin, Bitcoin, and maybe even gold, silver and other currencies. We are checking the legal issues and how to guarantee the users that no fractional reserve is being used. We will update you guys soon with timelines.
KingBB

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:53:03 PM

What is happened with Aika pool? Is there some pool for mining OZC ?
YoBit
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1010

★YoBit.Net★

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 10:48:15 PM

Dear Forum Members!

OzzieCoin is listed on YoBit.net Exchange (free coins in chat):

English: https://yobit.net/en/trade/OZC/BTC
Chinese: https://yobit.net/cn/trade/OZC/BTC
Russian: https://yobit.net/ru/trade/OZC/BTC

Our topic on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914975.0

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 01:05:01 PM

What is happened with Aika pool? Is there some pool for mining OZC ?

Hi! Not sure what happened to Aika. Isn't it working anymore?

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
KingBB

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:15:03 PM

Aika works again. Everything isok now. I am glad that you go to new exchange. What is haopening with your exchange?

Cheers
B
Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 07:13:45 AM

Aika works again. Everything isok now. I am glad that you go to new exchange. What is haopening with your exchange?

Cheers
B

We are still working on our exchange. We just need more time. Meanwhile you can use https://yobit.net/en/trade/OZC/BTC.

Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 06:20:38 AM

Just a remind that 5040000 OZC are divided among registered users at http://ozziecoin.com/faucet/default.php every two weeks.

Dates of next rounds of Ozziecoins distribution:

8/02/2015
22/02/2015
8/03/2015
22/03/2015
5/04/2015
19/04/2015
3/05/2015
17/05/2015
31/05/2015
14/06/2015
28/06/2015

We have 301 users registered today (8/02/2015).

Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 03:37:32 AM

I wonder - why the coin has no value?

Because people are rightfully suspicious of pre-allocated coins, and Ozziecoin is pre-allocated by 50% of total coins. 

We are distributing the pre-allocated coins slowly at first, and if the user base grows we will accelerate it.

If the wider public actually starts using crypto and Aussie want to try a free digital coin first, they can use Ozziecoin and have a play before buying bitcoins. 

This is also why we tell people not to speculate on Ozziecoins.  We don't want anyone to lose any money.

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:42:27 AM

Because people are rightfully suspicious of pre-allocated coins, and Ozziecoin is pre-allocated by 50% of total coins.  

We are distributing the pre-allocated coins slowly at first, and if the user base grows we will accelerate it.

If the wider public actually starts using crypto and Aussie want to try a free digital coin first, they can use Ozziecoin and have a play before buying bitcoins.  

This is also why we tell people not to speculate on Ozziecoins.  We don't want anyone to lose any money.

I am an Australian myself and this coin IMHO has no reason to exist, a lot of Business and Services in Australia do accept Bitcoins & a lot more are gradually coming aboard.

Altcoins just aid in the way to make Bitcoin through "Playing the GAME" If you look into what the game is then you will understand why I chose not to write about it all as it is ever changing and ongoing in the way you play it, you gotta remember Bitcoin is the Big Boss in the Crypto Scene and everyone strives to get some/more through Mining/Investing.

The whole phone number thing to get Ozziecoins is ridiculous too as anyone can buy any Service Providers Prepaid Sim for $2, if you really are Australian you should know this already...

I am not saying anything to cause FUD intentionally but this is how I see it, if you were into mining you would acquire the most profitable hardware at the time for mining and mine the shit out of the most profitable coins and then dump them for all you could get to make your way to ROI.

Most if not all Australians that know about Bitcoin & Altcoins that want to make money do this, soon the X11 Series of algorithms will be cracked by ASIC's and then the scene will start using other different algorithms that will essentially start on CPU, then go to GPU and stay there for a while until ASIC's get adapted to them once again.

We have seen it go on for ages as it is basically the norm and how companies make money for potential gain by miners which is the "game we play" when it comes to how investors feel about offloading money into potentially big coins then dump when the price goes high, rinse and repeat.

Plus getting a CryptoCoin that is made in Australia recognized, your odds will be fairly low, look at our governments & media.

All this leads to the question "Why not Ozziecoin" ?

The above are the majority of the reasons but also it has Billions of coins (Too much in the game we are playing today) also the coin doesn't have any current incentive.

If you could find a way to improve/get around all these thing & maybe reboot I would perhaps look over the coin again.

Good luck in your endeavors.
Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 11:40:15 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 12:22:46 AM by Ozziecoin

That's okay mate.  We didn't do this to make money purely but also to give ordinary people a way to try digital coin technology for free.

It was also fun learning about the tech.  And I'd rather speculators didn't drive the price up and crash it.

BTW: I think you don't realise the tech and IQ gap between tech savvy people such as yourself and the person on the street.

KingBB

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:07:55 AM

AIKA pool dead again. Where to mine Ozzie ?

THnx
Cheers
KingBB

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:23:38 AM

This is also why we tell people not to speculate on Ozziecoins.  We don't want anyone to lose any money.

Regarding this, PLease, please , please dont put your coins on such ckind of exchnages "BetaShareX", I have just lost 10M OZC and about 0.2BTC, they just collect all coins and gone. Site still work, but no support , no answers, nothing. All transactions are frizzed. If you can finish your exchange, please do it. Or if you can manage to go to some well known and accepted exchange, like BITTREX, POLONIEX, ALLCOIN ...

Thnx in advance,

Regards !!!
CoreInternals

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:44:58 AM

Just curious as to how you guys would feel about having ozziecoin as an accepted form of payment on an online store?
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:58:28 AM

Just posting here to see if you are still active there Ozziecoin guys, I have a project launching with clear goals related to listing on the Australian stock exchange, so I thought of you guys. I'm looking at printing up some flyers and handing them out with instructions on how to make a deposit with Bitcoin and then 'redeem a code' that gives them another crypto payment in return. So I'm looking at either creating a new coin or re-purposing an existing one that accomplishes this purpose. It's easy enough for me to include a description of Ozziecoin on the same flyer so people can play around with this for no money out, and then make a better decision about whether to invest in a further crypto, send me a PM or post on the ANN board for TPC to work something out thanks

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
AikaPool

Activity: 876
Merit: 500

AikaPool admin

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 09:14:23 AM

Pool work! http://aikapool.com/ozc

http://aikapool.com - pool for a good mining!
CryptoClubber

Activity: 664

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:13:35 PM

You can now swap your coins for CCB

Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 09:39:45 AM

Just posting here to see if you are still active there Ozziecoin guys, I have a project launching with clear goals related to listing on the Australian stock exchange, so I thought of you guys. I'm looking at printing up some flyers and handing them out with instructions on how to make a deposit with Bitcoin and then 'redeem a code' that gives them another crypto payment in return. So I'm looking at either creating a new coin or re-purposing an existing one that accomplishes this purpose. It's easy enough for me to include a description of Ozziecoin on the same flyer so people can play around with this for no money out, and then make a better decision about whether to invest in a further crypto, send me a PM or post on the ANN board for TPC to work something out thanks

Yeah, we are still active!!!!! And yeah. This is a great idea. Feel free to include ozziecoin on the flyer so people can have the chance to see how cryptocurrencies work.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 02:31:00 PM

Yeah, we are still active!!!!! And yeah. This is a great idea. Feel free to include ozziecoin on the flyer so people can have the chance to see how cryptocurrencies work.

im curious ...

where in australia are you? ...

how many developers are actually working on the coin? ...

#crysx

Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 04:34:42 AM

im curious ...

where in australia are you? ...

how many developers are actually working on the coin? ...

#crysx

Perth. 1 Developer. Why does it matter?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: