Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:41:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New altcoin idea, what should I do about it?  (Read 505 times)
Bru (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:34:11 PM

I, like many others I guess, thought about a new coin that could surpass bitcoin. I belive 99% of alts are made for-profit and short term gains, and 99 percent of us buys them for.. guess what, also profit ( who do you think buys Dogecoin, HoboNickels or Einsteinium thinking it would become the next global currency ? -it's all for a quick buck). Now, please imagine for a second that you think you got an idea about a coin that's not designed to land on the moon, but to be used as a payment method.

The question i`m asking is what can I do about it ? I don't have the resources or the knowledge to make this idea a reality. I can't simply make this on a 'coin-generator website'. A real dev team would be needed, and a real company behind it.

Is there an Instruction manual to make cryptocurrency ?
Is there a place to sell this idea for BTCBTC ?
Should I just share it freely ?
What would you do ?

My idea might be awesome or shit.. or flawed.. or maybe already exist out there so I'm not just asking for myself, but for everyone who thinks he got a vision for the next bitcoin, or the next shitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burning94

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:12:38 PM

I, like many others I guess, thought about a new coin that could surpass bitcoin. I belive 99% of alts are made for-profit and short term gains, and 99 percent of us buys them for.. guess what, also profit ( who do you think buys Dogecoin, HoboNickels or Einsteinium thinking it would become the next global currency ? -it's all for a quick buck). Now, please imagine for a second that you think you got an idea about a coin that's not designed to land on the moon, but to be used as a payment method.

The question i`m asking is what can I do about it ? I don't have the resources or the knowledge to make this idea a reality. I can't simply make this on a 'coin-generator website'. A real dev team would be needed, and a real company behind it.

What would you do ?

My idea might be awesome or shit.. or flawed.. or maybe already exist out there so I'm not just asking for myself, but for everyone who thinks he got a vision for the next bitcoin, or the next shitcoin.

First of all you need a good reputation. A "newbie" with 9 posts is not qualified enough. Everybody would think you're a scammer. As a result it will be lacking of potential investors.

NEM - New Economy Movement
The Natural Step Forward In The Evolution Of Crypto
StuffOfInterest

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:53:36 PM

What would you do ?

If you are trying to sell the idea then you are pretty much in it for your own gain and not to introduce something useful.  The best bet is to develop something in an open, inclusive community.  Put your ideas out there and solicit input.  Unfortunately, I don't think this forum is the place for it.  I tried starting a topic on my idea for a proof of blockchain coin here to quickly see if fall into the back pages due to all the pump-and-dump post pressure.  Still looking for a forum where true discussion about possible techniques and technologies could gain traction.  Good luck.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:00:32 PM

You would need to build a team, basically. That means you need to buddy up with a coder or two and whatever else you need - someone to do graphics (or you could outsource that piece) and probably someone who knows a thing or two about marketing if you want to have a prayer of succeeding.
mammix2
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:40:17 PM

What would you do ?

Hey Bru

I'm a coin dev, give me a shout if you want some technical help / ideas etc...

1HfpFYxBUpQ941mKd4DEjsyA22HN4Kerzu
Ryota

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:41:56 PM

If you look for a cryptoccurrency that's not designed to be pumped and dumped on exchnages, there are already two true projects  (always in beta) that are not created for a quick buck, they are based on individuals and Universal Dividend.

OpenUDC
http://www.openudc.org/

Ucoin
http://ucoin.io/
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:43:52 PM

If you look for a cryptoccurrency that's not designed to be pumped and dumped on exchnages, there are already two true projects  (always in beta) that are not created for a quick buck, they are based on individuals and Universal Dividend.

OpenUDC
http://www.openudc.org/

Ucoin
http://ucoin.io/

any thread on BTT. Website is poorly done.
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:14:08 PM

Its quite easy to clone a coin. U will also need a programmer to write code to implement ur ideas in the coin

please unban me.
Bru (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:21:35 PM

@StuffOfInterest
 Ty for your input. In one way I would like to do just that, expose my idea, I'm certain that it has some flaws that I don't see, but then again, what if it's a Million $ idea and someone will just steal it and profit from it ? That's my big dilemma. I may have a trust issue on the internet, but I believe it's normal
@dogechode
 Yeah, any good coin has to have a strong team behind it, and I might add, a lot of resources. I think my idea would only work if it's sold by a real company, with a real office, totally transparent and trustworthy.
@mammix2
  Quick questions if you offered  Grin : Is it possible to limit the accepted hashrate from a miner? Or limit the overall hashrate ? Would that solve the 51% atack? and is it possible to accept miners on a FCFS basis ? Where can I teach myself to become a master jedi coin-dev ? okok i'll stop with the q's
@Ryota
Interesting project, but kinda hard to understand those concepts - I think it wouldn't appeal to the general public. It has to be simple my grandma could get it

I'll just wait to win the lottery and then invest in this Cheesy
StuffOfInterest

Activity: 401

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:56:57 AM

@StuffOfInterest
 Ty for your input. In one way I would like to do just that, expose my idea, I'm certain that it has some flaws that I don't see, but then again, what if it's a Million $ idea and someone will just steal it and profit from it ? That's my big dilemma. I may have a trust issue on the internet, but I believe it's normal

If you think you have something that only one person (or a small group) will profit on then you are likely not talking about a decentralized digital currency.  The core currency architecture is not going to be a money maker.  Services and hardware utilizing the core infrastructure is where there is money to be made.  If your ideas revolve around the core infrastructure then you are best to get them out there and discussed.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: