Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:49:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: US based exchanges  (Read 1066 times)
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:24:42 PM

Hi.

Are there any other us based exchanges besides coinbase and buttercoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:34:34 PM

Hi.

Does CampBX still exist?

Note, that Coinbase is not "an exchange".  They are more of a retail seller, and purchaser.

An exchange connects buyers with sellers, and receives a commission for the service.

Coinbase is the buyer (and the seller).
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:40:22 PM

Hi.

Does CampBX still exist?

Note, that Coinbase is not "an exchange".  They are more of a retail seller, and purchaser.

An exchange connects buyers with sellers, and receives a commission for the service.

By exchange I meant a place I can buy and sell BTC. I don't care if they are just a middleman.

Is campbx registered and headquartered in the us?

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:45:22 PM

Hi.

Does CampBX still exist?

By exchange I meant a place I can buy and sell BTC. I don't care if they are just a middleman.

As far as I know, Kraken is an exchanged based in San Francisco, USA.
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:48:41 PM

Hi.

Does CampBX still exist?

Do they call Bitcoins "XBT"?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

By exchange I meant a place I can buy and sell BTC.

If you aren't looking for "an exchange", and are just trying to find out where you can buy bitcoins or sell bitcoins, there are thousands of individuals in the US all buying and/or selling bitcoins.

localbitcoins.com would be a good place to find many of them. You also might take a look at meetup.com to see if there are any bitcoin related meetups that you'd like to attend.
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:50:05 PM

If you aren't looking for "an exchange", and are just trying to find out where you can buy bitcoins or sell bitcoins, there are thousands of individuals in the US all buying and/or selling bitcoins.

localbitcoins.com would be a good place to find many of them. You also might take a look at meetup.com to see if there are any bitcoin related meetups that you'd like to attend.

No, im looking for a company (fairly popular).

roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:50:52 PM

I use coinbase and am quite happy with them.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:51:13 PM

Ah.  Well, in that case, you'll want to take a look at https://bitsimple.com
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:52:13 PM

Ill check it out. Thanks. Any other ones just in case BitSimple doesnt work out for me?

nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:54:21 PM

Ill check it out. Thanks. Any other ones just in case BitSimple doesnt work out for me?

Sorry, doesnt work. It excludes California residents. Anything else?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:01:06 PM

BitSimple excludes states that have chosen to interpret their local laws as having either highly restrictive regulations or extremely ambiguous regulations on the exchange of bitcoins.  As such, you are going to find it rather difficult to find a U.S. registered company that chooses to take the risk of knowingly exchanging bitcoins with a California resident.  Any that do are likely to run into legal issues if they grow to a size that could be considered "popular".
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:03:48 PM

BitSimple excludes states that have chosen to interpret their local laws as having either highly restrictive regulations or extremely ambiguous regulations on the exchange of bitcoins.  As such, you are going to find it rather difficult to find a U.S. registered company that chooses to take the risk of knowingly exchanging bitcoins with a California resident.  Any that do are likely to run into legal issues if they grow to a size that could be considered "popular".

Coinbase is based in california and allows trading.

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:34:17 PM

Hi.

Does CampBX still exist?

Yes, they call Bitcoins "XBT". Also, there is no verification required, for a monthly maximum of $2500 worth of trading, you just need to type in your name and address. If you need more allowance, you need to submit more documents.
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 07:57:57 PM

Hi.

Does CampBX still exist?

Yes, they call Bitcoins "XBT". Also, there is no verification required, for a monthly maximum of $2500 worth of trading, you just need to type in your name and address. If you need more allowance, you need to submit more documents.

KK thanks. Ill start using Kraken.

nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 04:47:23 AM

Hi.

Does CampBX still exist?

Note, that Coinbase is not "an exchange".  They are more of a retail seller, and purchaser.

KK thanks. Ill start using Kraken.

Turns out Kraken doesnt allow Cali either! Sad At this point IDC if they are american or not, as long as I can sell into my US bank account.

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:38:37 AM

Exactly. This also leads to the effect where people can't easily sign up for a new exchange. It would take 30 days to get verified, and I know personally I wouldn't want to sign up for a small exchange

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 07:39:28 AM

Exactly. This also leads to the effect where people can't easily sign up for a new exchange. It would take 30 days to get verified, and I know personally I wouldn't want to sign up for a small exchange

I guess I have to stick with coinbase...

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:16:46 AM

. to start a business like this in America is virtually impossible unless you have millions and millions of dollars to comply with regulation. Sad reallythey just have to pay the massive extortion fees required to compete with banks and wall street.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:38:44 PM

Sadly,Coinbase is your only reliable US option presently
And it's not even an exchange

BitSimple_Support

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

BitSimple. A simpler way to buy and sell bitcoins.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 04:56:32 PM

Ill check it out. Thanks. Any other ones just in case BitSimple doesn't work out for me?

Sorry, doesn't work. It excludes California residents. Anything else?

At the current time BitSimple does not allow the use of our service by residents of California, Virginia, or New York.  This is based on the advice of legal counsel due to the regulatory uncertainty in those jurisdictions.  It isn't a decision, we at BitSimple took lightly.  BitSimple will add support for users in those states once regulators provide better clarity on the regulatory requirements for conducting business in those states.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: