Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:39:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitStamp.net - HELP ME PLEASE!!!  (Read 1067 times)
BLKMined (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:21:09 PM

1st off I'm upset that BitSimple - https://bitsimple.com/ won't take me in as I am a California resident in which @this point in time they DO NOT deal with California.  Why, I have no idea but I was hoping to join them as I heard a family member(bitcointalk) here is apart of BitSimple.  So, I went with the next best option in my opinion which was 0r is BitStamp - https://www.bitstamp.net.  I'm trying to get pass the Verification process but it's telling me "proof of residency document must be a scanned image of a PAPER document."  How do I go about sending them this if I DO NOT  have a scanner?  I would appreciate anyone here who has an account with BitStamp and who is experienced with this process, to please inform me of what's needed 0r on how I can work around this issue I'm experiencing.
I'm looking for a quick response as I am trying to make MAJOR moves.  Thanks in advance!
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:23:49 PM

I'm trying to get pass the Verification process but it's telling me "proof of residency document must be a scanned image of a PAPER document."  How do I go about sending them this if I DO NOT  have a scanner?

most stores that offer photocopying services normally also offer to put the scan onto a memory stick too..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:31:06 PM

By helping you to 'work around this issue' you are basically asking people to potentially help you commit fraud. This is a financial matter so you need to do this by the book.

I would not advise anyone to help you forge a document.

Go to a photocopy shop or library and they will likely have a scanner.
BLKMined (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:33:15 PM

Damn I've been FRANKED lol Sup Frank thanks for the timely response.  I figured this would be told to me. I was just hoping to avoid going down to the store Sad
Thank-You!
BLKMined (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

By helping you to 'work around this issue' you are basically asking people to potentially help you commit fraud. This is a financial matter so you need to do this by the book.

I would not advise anyone to help you forge a document.

Go to a photocopy shop or library and they will likely have a scanner.

WHOA! How did 'forge' come into the equation Huh I was simply asking if someone with experience with BitStamp was able to handle this business in a different manner meaning if BitStamp allowed an alternative way of going about it.  RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:44:30 PM

No probs, your request is just a bit vague. I'm sure you are not a master criminal.  Smiley
BLKMined (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:07:35 PM

No probs, your request is just a bit vague. I'm sure you are not a master criminal.  Smiley

No I'm not!  But since I'm here BitStamp also ask for a valid government issued ID, acceptable high quality images of documents such as national ID card (both sides) driver's license (both sides).  So this process is just uploading a picture(s) oppose to a scan paper document(s), correct?  I know these ?uestions may sound dumb but, I like to make extra sure. Especially dealing with BTCitcoin as I take this business VERY seriously!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:21:24 AM

1st off I'm upset that BitSimple - https://bitsimple.com/ won't take me in as I am a California resident in which @this point in time they DO NOT deal with California.  Why, I have no idea but I was hoping to join them as I heard a family member(bitcointalk) here is apart of BitSimple.  So, I went with the next best option in my opinion which was 0r is BitStamp - https://www.bitstamp.net.  I'm trying to get pass the Verification process but it's telling me "proof of residency document must be a scanned image of a PAPER document."  How do I go about sending them this if I DO NOT  have a scanner?  I would appreciate anyone here who has an account with BitStamp and who is experienced with this process, to please inform me of what's needed 0r on how I can work around this issue I'm experiencing.
I'm looking for a quick response as I am trying to make MAJOR moves.  Thanks in advance!

California is a horrible place to do business.  Too many regulations.
I've had to deal with legal issues from the State of CA, and I
don't even have a business presence there.

So I suspect their reasons would be similar.

What's wrong with Coinbase?

StevenS

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:32:03 AM

Take a picture of the required documents with your smart phone and upload them. The approval happens rather quickly. If the photos are not of a high enough quality, I'm sure BitStamp.net will tell you, and then you can go to step 2.
googlemaster1

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:32:49 AM

You got a smart phone?  Does it have a camera?  Tis as good as a scanner my friend?  Don't have time for that?  Sign up for Coinbase and use Btc-e.com.  Not sure why as a US citizen you would need to pump fiat into Bitstamp if you have coinbase.  

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:37:20 AM

Thats not the issue, I had the exact same thing happen on another service, or maybe even it was BitStamp... can't remember

The problem was that I scanned the document and the software cropped the edges, and the invoice was actually spanking clean and uncressed. So they thought it could be a PDF export, and not a document scan. It did look too perfect

Scan it "badly", slightly tilted, showing the edges, crumble the paper a bit so its obvious its paper and not digital export PDF. In the end what I did was actually take a picture on my phone (You could see  bit of the table on the edges) and saved it as PDF and it went through fine.
BLKMined (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:09:54 PM

Thats not the issue, I had the exact same thing happen on another service, or maybe even it was BitStamp... can't remember

The problem was that I scanned the document and the software cropped the edges, and the invoice was actually spanking clean and uncressed. So they thought it could be a PDF export, and not a document scan. It did look too perfect

Scan it "badly", slightly tilted, showing the edges, crumble the paper a bit so its obvious its paper and not digital export PDF. In the end what I did was actually take a picture on my phone (You could see  bit of the table on the edges) and saved it as PDF and it went through fine.

GREAT TIP! I will use this for future reference if decided to go the BTCitcoin client route.  I just purchased 4rm LocalBitCoins.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: