Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:12:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: powering down BFL singles  (Read 709 times)
raskul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:24:52 PM

here we go - yet another post regarding the effectiveness of old tech; Community input and comment always appreciated.

last month I powered down my BE cubes, and this month, having done the calc - BFL singles currently making only £20 per month above electric cost (13p/kWh) will be powered down after next difficulty rise.

I'll be giving these bits n bobs away (already got someone willing to take them) - please let us all know what / when you've switched off.

I should say, I do have a few old blades etc which i'm keeping, to keep the house warm in winter, but for now, all I'm keeping on is my new tech.
times change so fast huh?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:46:13 PM

You can still get $200 or $300 for a Single on eBay, I think.
randomlove

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:43:31 AM

here we go - yet another post regarding the effectiveness of old tech; Community input and comment always appreciated.

last month I powered down my BE cubes, and this month, having done the calc - BFL singles currently making only £20 per month above electric cost (13p/kWh) will be powered down after next difficulty rise.

I'll be giving these bits n bobs away (already got someone willing to take them) - please let us all know what / when you've switched off.

I should say, I do have a few old blades etc which i'm keeping, to keep the house warm in winter, but for now, all I'm keeping on is my new tech.
times change so fast huh?

But the price goes to 2k you'll kick yourself... Then 10k.... 50k..... Depends how strong your stomach is but if your in it for the whole game (as you should be mining) you shouldn't really care. Keep it chugging. Help the network ;-)

£/$ value means nothing, its use does and that's fine ;-)
raskul (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:24:03 AM

randomlove i'm perfectly aware of all this, but this was not my question. i won't 'kick' myself because I know buy spondoolies-tech rigs and the difference between 1.5TH/s and 50GH/s is well, remarkable. lol
i assure you, I will never be powering on a 260watt 50GH/s BFL rig again after this next difficulty rise. trust me.
So, back to the topic question, please let us know what you are running and how much profit it makes per month at current rates (i also acknowledge as this thread gets older, 'rates' will vary... i'm interested in the; here and now, not what you see in your crystal balls. but thanks for being the first troll on the thread mate.  Cheesy

xstr8guy; I'm a good soul, happy to give 'em away to someone who might need them. we got that cloud outfit as well so , i get a meagre income off that each week too. i'm not short by giving these things away.

ssbn506

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:20:03 PM

My cubs are no longer overclocked as of the last dif change. It was generating to much heat for not much gh in my server room. I wont be turning them off any time soon as I just want to be part of the network. But I also wont be getting anything newer unless the mining world gets less completive and I cant se that happening.

Surprisingly I have made just over 1.5 btc with two cubes and I paid .7 per cube. So I may have made a very small amount of money depending how you look at it.
digicoins

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:29:46 PM

I'm still running 1 BFL Single + 2x Bitburner Fury... But their end is near, they have done a good job so far though.
Are there any other SHA256 coins which are worth mining?
raskul (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:34:34 PM

I'm still running 1 BFL Single + 2x Bitburner Fury... But their end is near, they have done a good job so far though.

possibly TEK... it seems to keep high in the coinwarz list but mostly, these alts are still less value than BTC - i've found, i'd have been better mining BTC straight.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 04:23:18 PM

Sorry to hear you have to shut down your old miners, hope they ROI'd and then some for you.   Cry

Takcoin and Mazacoin seem to be decent Alt SHA-256 coins you can get a bunch of, then trade to BTC on Cryptsy.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:35:01 PM

Those Bitfury chips will run profitably for some time yet so I'm going to keep mine running. My Singles in the garage, that's a different story. They are running at 90c during the day and spitting out tons of HW errors, lol. And I'm not bringing those hairdryers into my house, lol.

I've been "mining" on BlackCoinPool with some of my older gear for fun. I have "mining" in quotes because BlackCoin is a PoS coin and not actually mineable. The pool just mines other SHA (or Scrypt) coins and exchanges them for BlackCoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: