Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:20:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: nTek Computers | World's Most Powerful Bitcoin Miner - 2.4Th/s (to 3.2Th/s)  (Read 4083 times)
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:10:31 AM

Payment is either with Bitcoin, Bank Wire Transfer, or PayPal. Value based on current Bitcoin Value of Coinbase.com in USDA

Safe for human consumption.

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:20:34 AM

Isn't the Spondoolies-Tech SP30 Yukon the World's Most Powerful Bitcoin Miner at 5.4 TH/s?

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp30-yokon

False advertising!   Cool

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:50:19 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 11:24:23 AM by Bicknellski

unit to a reputable reviewer on the forum will help greatly, like Dogie.
This Wink They have my details.

They sent an earlier prototype board to Ben Turas if I am not mistaken. I am sure they would send out working units when they have them to people who are representative and have a positive reputation for evaluation.

As for fast, faster, fastest remark or powerful, more powerful most powerful are we talking proposed or demonstrated? Does SpondooliesTech have the most powerful proposed miner in single unit 2U configuration at 5.4Th/s + or - 10% most likely they do? But really at this point that is meaningless when there are racks and racks and racks in huge farms right? How many people are going to be plugging in that 5.4Th/s at 2500W at home?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
wanna4fun

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

noobie

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:40:07 AM

How many people are going to be plugging in that 5.4Th/s at 2500W at home?

I will plug 3 of them. At home I'm running on 230V.

zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:00:49 AM

unit to a reputable reviewer on the forum will help greatly, like Dogie.
This Wink They have my details.

They sent an earlier prototype board to Ben Turas if I am not mistaken. I am sure they would send out working units when they have them to people who are representative and and have a positive reputation for evaluation.

ok see what happens. they did give a good discount offer on units in stock when i asked.
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:59:20 PM

They sent an earlier prototype board to Ben Turas if I am not mistaken.
That was a board that contained too many errors to warrant an attempt to fix it, thanks to the bad design they received from Bitmine.
nTek is now working with a newer design, and I will receive an evaluation unit the moment it becomes available.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:50:17 AM

They've made a lot of promises before and not delivered anything. If not a scam they're at least a BFL-style preorder scheme, taking orders before they even have a product design.
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:06:45 AM

They've made a lot of promises before and not delivered anything. If not a scam they're at least a BFL-style preorder scheme, taking orders before they even have a product design.

I think they have always been acted in good faith, unfortunately the number of board respins, as Ben said, have caused the delays as the original design was flawed but they are trying to recover from that as best they can. Unlike BFL they are not refusing to compensate those waiting given the emails sent out. They are offering compensation for late delivery again if I am not mistaken and that is a proactive result of their failure to deliver on time unlike BFL who are being dragged kicking to court and even then they refused to pay out what they owe people. nTek exposure is a lot smaller than BFL and given that you can email Ry directly and discuss their problems as a customer they are nothing like BFL.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
RoboCoder

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 03:06:57 AM

I dont understand the reason to buy this (and others like it).

I can can get 2 TH right now on CEX.io for that price can't I?  Is my math wrong:

1.2 TH unit (1.6 TH in turbo which probably draws more power) = 8499.

So:

8499/$500 = 16.998 BTC

Current CEX.io price of .0085/gh so: 16.998/.0085 = 1999 GH

And if you use pbmining: 16.998/.0056 = 3035 GH..

It just doesnt make sense to me.  Am i missing something?

And if i am not..  Here is a link to where you can get 3 TH immediately for the price of the 1.2 TH unit:
http://pbmining.com?ref=robocoder

Disclaimer, this is my referral URL - please use if i just gave you a way to get more than twice the hashpower with no preorder.  All my money goes to ARF anyway..

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:17:49 AM

I dont understand the reason to buy this (and others like it).

I can can get 2 TH right now on CEX.io for that price can't I?  Is my math wrong:

1.2 TH unit (1.6 TH in turbo which probably draws more power) = 8499.

So:

8499/$500 = 16.998 BTC

Current CEX.io price of .0085/gh so: 16.998/.0085 = 1999 GH

And if you use pbmining: 16.998/.0056 = 3035 GH..

It just doesnt make sense to me.  Am i missing something?

And if i am not..  Here is a link to where you can get 3 TH immediately for the price of the 1.2 TH unit:
http://pbmining.com?ref=robocoder

Disclaimer, this is my referral URL - please use if i just gave you a way to get more than twice the hashpower with no preorder.  All my money goes to ARF anyway..

CEX.io? Really... have we not all agreed to not use that as it consolidates way too much hashing power in a single groups hands?

Isn't this about nTek and not promotion of CEX.io as that is WIDLY off topic?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1uta1v/the_real_issue_is_cexio_not_ghashio/

The real issue is CEX.IO, not GHash.IO! (self.Bitcoin)

After researching the issue further I've come to the conclusion that it is not actually GHash.IO that is the real issue.

True, unlike most other pools, GHash.IO only publishes 250KB blocks (at most). This demonstrates either short sighted selfishness or simply an ignorant attitude to the recent increase in network transactions and the occasional "traffic jams" caused by that.

The real issue in terms of the 51% problem is CEX.IO. In their fresh from the oven statement (https://ghash.io/ghashio_press_release.pdf) they claim that one of the solutions is to allow users of CEX.IO to point the datacenter mining power to another pool.

That does not help with the problem. Either CEX.IO operators or an attacking hijacker can theoretically take control of the datacenter hashing power and point it anywhere.
The pool (GHash.IO) is not the issue nor are individual miners. All of that is irrelevant. In case of foul play it is trivial for individual miners to start pointing their miners to other pools. The centralized hashing power in the hands of CEX.IO is another story, and that is the real issue.

Long term the most realistic solution is that CEX.IO gets competition. More cloud mining services, more datacenters. Short term I think that people should not invest in mining through CEX.IO.

RoboCoder

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 03:26:16 AM

CEX.io? Really... have we not all agreed to not use that as it consolidates way too much hashing power in a single groups hands?

Sorry, wasn't intending it that way.  I was just using it as a well recognized example.

You are correct this is about nTek.  I guess what i was really saying but in a non-efficient and roundabout way is that i think these units are too expensive and there are better, less expensive and more cost effective solutions out there. 

I will agree though that the design of the blades is really cool though...
ntekcomputers (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 03:41:09 AM

Sorry, wasn't intending it that way.  I was just using it as a well recognized example.

You are correct this is about nTek.  I guess what i was really saying but in a non-efficient and roundabout way is that i think these units are too expensive and there are better, less expensive and more cost effective solutions out there. 

I will agree though that the design of the blades is really cool though...

Just wanted to chime in and say that the current price listed for the 2.4Th/s nTek miner is set high right now because we are currently working out some details for the production cost. We are getting the latest prototype PCB's back this week and will be able to better test the cooling system. Worst case scenario we will need to use liquid cooling on the top of each A1 chip.

Based on further testing we may likely find that liquid cooling is not needed on the top of each A1 chip. Also our engineering team is working on a new design based on liquid cooled copper heat pipes and aluminum heatsinks adapted to the top of each A1 chip. Over the next week we will have a much better idea of the price to add the liquid cooling to our current modular heatsink design.

Please PM me if you are interested in purchasing one of the 1.2Th/s or the 2.4Th/s miners. We do offer special pricing on units of four or more.

Lastly it is important to state that the Q3 delivery date is being conservative. The 2.4Th/s miner is based on the 1.2Th/s design and the only difference is additional power supplies and possibly liquid cooling on the top of each A1 chip. This means there is a good chance that we will be able to ship the 2.4Th/s miners much sooner.
RoboCoder

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 03:49:48 AM

Just wanted to chime in and say that the current price listed for the 2.4Th/s nTek miner is set high right now because we are currently working out some details for the production cost. We are getting the latest prototype PCB's back this week and will be able to better test the cooling system. Worst case scenario we will need to use liquid cooling on the top of each A1 chip.

Based on further testing we may likely find that liquid cooling is not needed on the top of each A1 chip. Also our engineering team is working on a new design based on liquid cooled copper heat pipes and aluminum heatsinks adapted to the top of each A1 chip. Over the next week we will have a much better idea of the price to add the liquid cooling to our current modular heatsink design.

Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until you have an idea of how much it will cost you to build one of these before you advertise a price? 
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 04:17:21 AM

Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until you have an idea of how much it will cost you to build one of these before you advertise a price? 
After seeing many 3rd party A1 boards, you never quite know how they'll turn out. Those chips are horrific to try and remove heat from.

tranzsport

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:33:35 AM

the current price listed for the 2.4Th/s nTek miner is set high right now because we are currently working out some details for the production cost.

This is about the stupidest thing ANY company would do and the sentence basically summarizes all the crap we're getting from incompetent bitcoin companies like BFL, HashFast, etc..

Here is a tip: If you are serious about your business, then please try to learn from those companies before you that succeeded and failed, because we as a bitcoin community have indeed learned our lessons.

just my 0.002 btc
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:40:39 AM

@nTek, I would gladly accept and do a review of your units when they are available.

ntekcomputers (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 07:24:00 PM

We have been building the nTek miners now since January and have gone through multiple board iterations.

The expected Cost and Shipping Timeframes for delivery have now been updated on the product pages.

http://ntekcomputers.com/products/1ths-asic-bitcoin-miner-1000gh

http://ntekcomputers.com/collections/bitcoin-asic-miners/products/ntek-2-4th-s-28nm-asic-bitcoin-miner-3-200gh-s-in-turbo-mode

Please understand that these are conservative shipping timeframes. We are very close to having the 1.2Th/s miners ready to ship and the 2.4Th/s miners are two two of the same nTek 28nm ASIC modules. Same design and form 4U chassis form facter but with 80 A1 chips instead of 40.

We wanted to show what we are working on so we made the immediate announcement of the full (dual modules) 80 chip miner. Prices will of course be adjusted in the future as we streamline production and to also stay competitive with the market.

The current prices posted are based on the high quality of design and craftsmanship that has gone into our product. We are striving to set ourselves aside from others in the Bitcoin mining hardware industry. This is why we offer the following:

-Higher Quality Products
-Safe Credit Card Sales (protected with a 100% money back refund guarantee)
-Refunds to anyone who asks
-nTek ROI agreement (see our blog for details)
we are paying back the LMT (lost mining time) for our early customers from the first batch from the time their order was expected to the time it is delivered. BTC compensated based on difficulty rate per day and we are covering the electricity cost so each customer that did not take a refund is getting more BTC than previously expected.

We can also offer a partial (down payment) option of 40% paid at the time of order and the remaining 60% due when the units ship.

Please feel free to ask any questions or express any further concerns. nTek Computers appreciates your positive feedback.

Sincerely,

nTek Computers
ntekcomputers (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 07:32:15 PM

I also wanted to add a link to our blog so everyone can see the actual hardware we have been designing, building, and testing and to prove that the nTek 1.2Th/s miner is close to completion:

http://ntekcomputers.com/blogs/news

Thank you for the comments on our rendering abilities. We did NOT hire any outside consultants to make the 3D renderings and the animation. Several of our team members are experts in 3D design technology so we thought we would put those skills to the test to show how the innovative nTek cooling system works and why it is so unique.

We also put a note on the animation stating that it is digitally rendered as a disclaimer. Sorry for the confusion, we should have made a note on the original forum post. Our design team appreciates your comments though! ;-)
googlemaster1

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:03:57 PM

I also wanted to add a link to our blog so everyone can see the actual hardware we have been designing, building, and testing and to prove that the nTek 1.2Th/s miner is close to completion:

Thank you for the comments on our rendering abilities. We did NOT hire any outside consultants to make the 3D renderings and the animation. Several of our team members are experts in 3D design technology so we thought we would put those skills to the test to show how the innovative nTek cooling system works and why it is so unique.

We also put a note on the animation stating that it is digitally rendered as a disclaimer. Sorry for the confusion, we should have made a note on the original forum post. Our design team appreciates your comments though! ;-)

Pricing still not competitive enough bud.  If your company can't get even in the same ballpark as this group buy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575499.0;topicseen

No one is going to touch your products at retail price.  Not. A. Damn. Soul.

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 08:10:39 PM

Pricing still not competitive enough bud.  If your company can't get even in the same ballpark as this group buy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575499.0;topicseen

No one is going to touch your products at retail price.  Not. A. Damn. Soul.

If you want to go even lower, you can get 1 TH/s for $2350 including shipping here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=409701.0

They even use the same A1 chips Ntek uses!   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄