Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:08:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to buying Bitcoins wanna buy a substantial amount for silkroad marketplace?  (Read 1716 times)
SolidusSnake1 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:04:58 AM

I read a lot about Virwox and plan to buy my coins there since they accept creditcard through skrill.

if theres an option i would rather ad money to my paypal account so i don't have to go through skirll.

Does anyone have anything i should i know i read the Q&A on Virwox and all that. do i need a bitcoin wallet?

Virwox says Virtual World / Grid: and it says SL (secondlife)    <is that what i want along with an avatar which im going to make my username.

i haven't registered yet i also read about some rookie mistake http://www.reddit.com/r/SilkRoad/comments/1qyv5j/ - not really sure what thats all about.

any tips would appreciated so i don't get the wrong coins and best deal.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
herebittybittybitty

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:21:08 AM

I wouldn't buy a substantial amount of anything until you have a clue about what you're doing, because it doesn't sound like you do.
SolidusSnake1 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:27:11 AM

does anyone know what there doing ?

my point is i'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction on what to do add bitcoin currency so i can buy some cool stuff off silkroad.
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:33:56 AM

In which continent do you live?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:35:56 AM

Yes.

my point is i'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction on what to do add bitcoin currency so i can buy some cool stuff off silkroad.

I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Ask Charlie Shrem about what happens when you knowingly assist someone who states they want bitcoins for the purpose of spending on silk road.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:12:10 AM

How are we supposed to conclude that you are not a fed/cop/sting operation?

General advice: reversible (credit cards and PayPal) and irreversible (Bitcoin, wires) payment methods don't mix well.

You are unlikely to find criminals successfully converting "identity theft" (more properly called "identity fraud") into Bitcoin.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
kthejung

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:35:31 AM

lol...    Hi guys!  I'm looking to buy some illegal drugs online using bitcoins.  Can someone assist me in the matter?  If you can that would be so dope.   Cheesy
RUEHL

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:09:03 AM

Virwox has monthly limits on deposits from Paypal like $200 every 30 days plus you get ripped on fees.

I'd suggest localbitcoins.

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:13:53 AM

quickbt.com (online debit if your Canadian )
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:16:11 AM

Yes.

I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Ask Charlie Shrem about what happens when you knowingly assist someone who states they want bitcoins for the purpose of spending on silk road.
what is silk road?
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:17:10 AM

SilkRoad, are you friggin' nuts?!!?   Huh

Things like SilkRoad, Gox, and Neo & Bee are what's holding Bitcoin back.

As long as the perception from regulators that Bitcoin is "haven for criminals, drug dealers, and money laundering", it'll take that much longer for acceptance.

Get your drugs from the local drug dealer like a normal person.   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
eoJ

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:23:58 AM

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:27:03 AM

I thought Silk Road was gone. Didn't the owner pirate guy get busted in San Francisco?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:28:48 AM

lol.. this is the same strategy which the FBI used to arrest two guys in Florida (Michell Abner Espinoza and Pascal Reid).

See the similarities:

1. Substantial amount of coins (i.e money exchanges above $10,000)
2. Silk Road.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:34:44 AM

I'll sell you bitcoins if you wire transfer to my account. Just don't tell me what you will use it for. But then, you might as well go through any other exchange that accepts bank wires.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:11:39 AM

I don't think the OP needs to buy more drugs.
He/she should handle the ones that he/she is currently on first, and then take more drugs.

1) Silk Road has been shut down by the Feds.
2) Nobody in their right mind will sell you perfectly good and legal coins so you can fuck up Bitcoin's name and most likely have them arrested because you want to do drugs.
3) If you still insist then ask the FBI to sell you some of SilkRoad's coins  Wink
4) GTFO of here.....

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:22:00 AM

Check his only other post outside this thread:

does anyone have another marketplace besides the ones mentioned that are shutdown?

FBI rat.
SolidusSnake1 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:17:29 PM

Check his only other post outside this thread:

does anyone have another marketplace besides the ones mentioned that are shutdown?

FBI rat.

way to edit my name in as post quote author with bb skills bryant coleman....whoever you are.

what are you people buying with your bitcoins that make you all so suspect that the feds wanna get into your computer so bad.

are you hackers i doubt it. and so what if i was looking for a tourtial here on how to set up a bitcoin wallet.

i'd figure you be nicer about it. my friend who played cs told me about bitcoin when we were like 14 neither of us were going to go to the trouble to set it up.

are you saying you would rather see me get ripped off by a bitcoin vendor because i didn't set it up right. at the top of this page there should a sticky thread tourtial for new people looking to start a bitcoin wallet and the methods. so i didn't have to go through this.

not only that a lot of only retailers starting to accept bitcoin as there currency, besides i don't have to buy coins off you people rather get them from a bitcoin depot. why would i want some strange persons friendship trust to begin with.
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:59:21 PM

I thought Silk Road was gone. Didn't the owner pirate guy get busted in San Francisco?

In october 2013 the FBI arrested Ross Ulbricht, aka Dread pirate roberts.  Silk road was closed but it's community moved on and spread out.
4 weeks later Silk road 2.0 opened and is still running.
The whole community has lost a lot of it's charm though, scams, hacks & theft are weekly events.
Marketplaces are popping up like mushrooms and disappearing as fast as shooting stars. 
You can still score drugs online but the ideology and trust Silk road had has completely vaporized.

Probably a lot of people will not agree with me but i prefer dealers to be indoors behind their laptop and not on the streets.
Drugs are part of society, like it or not, it's not gonna go away.  What do you prefer, a bunch of thugs with guns on the streets dealing garbage, or a discrete website where people can give feedback on previous experiences with vendors...

just sayin

to OP: this is not the right place to get info on Silk road or dark markets.  The only thing you'll find here is nerds with mining hardware and mostly right-winged political beliefs, although they don't realize this themselves and call themselves 'libertarian' since they bought a few bitcoins. 
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:13:35 PM

In october 2013 the FBI arrested Ross Ulbricht, aka Dread pirate roberts.  Silk road was closed but it's community moved on and spread out.
4 weeks later Silk road 2.0 opened and is still running.
The whole community has lost a lot of it's charm though, scams, hacks & theft are weekly events.
Marketplaces are popping up like mushrooms and disappearing as fast as shooting stars. 
You can still score drugs online but the ideology and trust Silk road had has completely vaporized.

Probably a lot of people will not agree with me but i prefer dealers to be indoors behind their laptop and not on the streets.
Drugs are part of society, like it or not, it's not gonna go away.  What do you prefer, a bunch of thugs with guns on the streets dealing garbage, or a discrete website where people can give feedback on previous experiences with vendors...

just sayin

to OP: this is not the right place to get info on Silk road or dark markets.  The only thing you'll find here is nerds with mining hardware and mostly right-winged political beliefs, although they don't realize this themselves and call themselves 'libertarian' since they bought a few bitcoins. 

Thanks for the breakdown. I'm not much into watching the drug culture these days. At my age good drugs are Geritol and Mylanta bad drugs are Ex Lax, prunes and the occasional OxyContin from my family pusher doctor.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: