Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:10:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [MinerEU] Gridseed G-Blade Raspberry PI Scripta setup script  (Read 9872 times)
minereu.com (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:35:34 AM

Hi, Guys, As you all know, http://www.lateralfactory.com/scripta/ is very good.
As Gridseed G-Blade becomes scrypt mining main stream, scrypta has not updated too much to support the G-Blade and there are a few bugs which stops us from mining with Raspberry Pi.

We at minereu.com have done some research and have put together this little script that would help you mine happily with G-Blade .

Improvements merged from other people:

1, cgminer update: cgminer was able to mine , but can not report correct hash rate on interface. when you attach to it with screen -x, you can't see correct hash rate for G-Blade. also, the API interface is not supporting Scrypt very well some of the stats are not reflected correctly.
Credit to https://github.com/jmordica as we forked his version and to https://github.com/mox235 as we merged his API fix so scripta can correctly report hash rate.

2, scrypta update:
credit to https://github.com/mox235 because we merged his update to support detailed configuration from scrypta for G-Blade miner

3, Raspberry pi hanging /stuck bug: for those of you who try to mine with cgminer, it hangs after a little while or few hours. this is due to a memory paging issue. and we adopted a workaround to fix it.

4, a bash script that setup your existing pi without you have to download a image . just use following command to run the script on your pi:

Code:
curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MinerEU/raspberry-pi-setup/master/setup-pi.sh|bash

5, automatically start mining when your power is on Pi . (Scrypta already support this, we just modified a little bit on the start script)

If you have any thing to feedback to us, please just comment on this thread. 

BTW, if you are running a PC with Debian/Ubuntu, the script will try to download cgminer and compile it for your OS. so it will also work for PC.

How to use:
1, run this script and wait for it to finish. once it is done , you should be able to connect to your pi through
https://ipaddress

2, login with password: scripta

3, Pools and workers are predefined as MinerEU's test values,  please change it to your own and save and then restart.

Of course, if you are kind enough to run a clean install and provide an image for everyone to download that would be very nice of you.

MinerEU.com A2BOX(84M) A2MINI(28M) in stock and ready to ship out.  This is not a pre-order and we do not do pre-order
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minereu.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 11:43:28 PM

Seems need a bump. anyone mining with a pi?

MinerEU.com A2BOX(84M) A2MINI(28M) in stock and ready to ship out.  This is not a pre-order and we do not do pre-order
andeekaii

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:24:24 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 02:14:05 PM by andeekaii

Just keeps rebooting endlessly for me.  Embarrassed

Edit: Managed to stop it rebooting by disabling watchdog:

"Once the watchdog is enabled, it is possible to get in a reboot loop. If this happens, disable the system watchdog by quick edit of /etc/watchdog.conf after boot and comment out watchdog-device = /dev/watchdog. The cgminer API based watchdog script can be disabled by using the UI checkbox or commenting out test-binary = /opt/scripta/bin/wdog.py in the same config file. You will have about 30 seconds each loop to try and unscrew things."

Will report back on the stability later...
n00bminer

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:24:11 AM

I am using it.

The static graphs are hosed on my installation, but other than that it is running fairly well.

Started from a "new" install of wheezy.  I was testing out cpuminer.  Ran your script over top of this, and it ran with no issues.
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:16:04 AM

3, Raspberry pi hanging /stuck bug: for those of you who try to mine with cgminer, it hangs after a little while or few hours. this is due to a memory paging issue. and we adopted a workaround to fix it.

I was using scripta from mox235 with gridseed (5 chips) from a rpi but I had hang problems with cgminer. What is your workaround to fix that?
I will try your fork soon.
Thanks

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 11:43:16 AM

+ 1 ...

:-)

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
n00bminer

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:47:07 PM

I was using scripta from mox235 with gridseed (5 chips) from a rpi but I had hang problems with cgminer. What is your workaround to fix that?
I will try your fork soon.
Thanks

as posted in another forum by minereu.com

Quote from: rrob on April 23, 2014, 03:25:51 PM
This caused the pi or cgminer to crash every couple min after running this script patch using

https://github.com/mox235 > scripta-20140408.img.gz

What Scripta image did you test this update patch on?
Quote from: minereu.com
this line fixed the crash problem, not scripta, the probelm is the cgmienr on pi

Code:
#fix the bug that pi stuck when mining 
slub_debug_content=$(grep slub_debug< /boot/cmdline.txt)
if [ "$slub_debug_content" == "" ]
 then
 #append  slub_debug=FPUZ to existing content and write back
  echo  "$(cat /boot/cmdline.txt) slub_debug=FPUZ" > /boot/cmdline.txt
fi

michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 02:38:40 PM

Thanks, but running it with cgminer 3.7.2 is really boring. I haven't real hashrate, local and remote ones are completely different and there isn't a way to adjust freq per device. Then cgminer seems to drops down hashrate after few hours without any way to re-gain it (you have to restarting it).
I think I will remain with the amazing cpuminer from Sandor (with per dev/proc freq, autotune and more features), that's the really best miner software I ever tried.

https://github.com/siklon/cpuminer-gc3355

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
minereu.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 12:34:45 AM

MinerEU.com will start distributing the A2 based prototype G-BOX to very limited customers (mainly mining farms) from next week.
MinerEU will also announce promotion on G-Blade soon.

suzukii

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:13:27 PM

I am using it.

The static graphs are hosed on my installation, but other than that it is running fairly well.

Started from a "new" install of wheezy.  I was testing out cpuminer.  Ran your script over top of this, and it ran with no issues.

MinerEU this is for you:
Your Youtube videos concerning Scripta & the Raspberry Pi Model B are very good.  The one major problem a Linux rookie like myself has is that the Watchdog reboot Loop the my Raspberry gets stuck in makes this whole thing useless.  I'm not fast enough to edit that /opt/watchdog.conf file to stop the constant rebooting.  Any fixes or thoughts?  Thanks.

Regards,

Suzukii

(Live long & ...keep mining)

Hardware:
Avalon 200Gh/s 55nm | Raspberry Pi model B | Minepeon 0.2.4.3 (...was 0.2.5-pr2) | BFGMiner 3.10.0 | 28x Manhattan USB 2.0/3.0 powered Hub | 5x ASIC Block Erupter @333 MH/s | 3x BFL Jalapeño's Total ~232.7 GH/s
suzukii

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:47:11 AM

I am using it.

Started from a "new" install of wheezy.  I was testing out cpuminer.  Ran your script over top of this, and it ran with no issues.

MinerEU this is for you:
Your Youtube videos concerning Scripta & the Raspberry Pi Model B are very good.  The one major problem a Linux rookie like myself has is that the Watchdog reboot Loop the my Raspberry gets stuck in makes this whole thing useless.  
I'm not fast enough to edit that /opt/watchdog.conf file to stop the constant rebooting.  Any fixes or thoughts?  Thanks.

UPDATE:

I corrected this by allowing the SCRIPTA OS to load before updating it, I modified the watchdog.conf file & placed a # sign before
the "test-binary = /opt/scripta/bin/wdog.py" line "watchdog-device = /dev/watchdog" line in the watchdog.conf file.
After logging in as "root" & the default passwd: "scripta" I edited the file using the following command:
"nano /etc/watchdog.conf" (without quotes).

Now the commented out lines in the watchdog.conf file look like this:
#test-binary = /opt/scripta/bin/wdog.py
#watchdog-device = /dev/watchdog.

Then I proceeded to use your update command.

Regards,

Suzukii

(Live long & ...keep mining)

Hardware:
Avalon 200Gh/s 55nm | Raspberry Pi model B | Minepeon 0.2.4.3 (...was 0.2.5-pr2) | BFGMiner 3.10.0 | 28x Manhattan USB 2.0/3.0 powered Hub | 5x ASIC Block Erupter @333 MH/s | 3x BFL Jalapeño's Total ~232.7 GH/s
welshy9

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 08:48:39 PM

sorry to bring up a old thread but i cant for the life of me install any working image on the raspberry pi 3 is there a diff way to do it all images appart from minera works Sad

Any questions about the pool inbox/tweet/skype us !
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.com:8080/
Follow us on twitter ! - @Cryptoman82 - - - - Add me on skype - cryptominers.online
mjgraham

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 04:38:32 AM

I have no direct experience with this but looking at the dates on the earlier threads I would say it wont work on a Pi 2 or 3, most of that stuff was built for the earlier units since most use the SPI bus the base address are different and software has to be recompiled to work with newer Pis, could be wrong but my guess anyway.

welshy9

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 02:33:48 PM

yea i would say it needs re compiling hope the dev sees this as theres not many people with the old pies now and this software is brilliant

Any questions about the pool inbox/tweet/skype us !
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.com:8080/
Follow us on twitter ! - @Cryptoman82 - - - - Add me on skype - cryptominers.online
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: