Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:54:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-04-21] Sir Richard Branson: Bitcoin is ‘the pioneer of a global currency’  (Read 1317 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:43:04 AM

These days, it seems that the peer-to-peer decentralized virtual currency bitcoin needs a shot in the arm because the negative publicity it has garnered over the past month or two. Enter: Sir Richard Branson.

Branson, a billionaire entrepreneur who made headlines late last year after announcing Virgin Galactic would accept bitcoins for space flight, reaffirmed his commitment to the digital currency by calling it “the pioneer of a global currency.”

Speaking in an interview in the April issue of Delta’s SKY Magazine, Branson briefly touched upon the cryptocurrency and labeled its creator as “a genius” for producing bitcoins and creating a technological breakthrough. He did concede, though, that there are some flaws in it, including transparency and that nobody knows who Satoshi Nakamoto is.

“It may not be the perfect global currency of the future yet, but it’s the pioneer of a global currency,” stated Branson.
http://www.pfhub.com/sir-richard-branson-bitcoin-is-the-pioneer-of-a-global-currency-576/
Whether or not bitcoin will go the way of MySpace or persist as being as dominant as Facebook remains to be seen. Whatever the case, bitcoin will likely be placed in the history books as an important innovation in technology.

Do we really want a global currency as dominant as Facebook?
Welcome to The Brave New-Bit World.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:46:55 AM

Like what does that douche know?

He's rich in the hierarchical fiat system we have now, and is the furthest thing away from the future that cryptocoins will bring.

I'm grumpy!!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:17:56 AM

Don't criticize someone who is supporting us. He helped us to gain a lot of publicity, by allowing payment by Bitcoin for the Virgin Galactic space flight tickets. And here, he is again giving some good PR for the Bitcoin.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:34:25 AM

He's rich in the hierarchical fiat system we have now, and is the furthest thing away from the future that cryptocoins will bring.

He knows how to run several business, and how to make them very profitable.  His endorsement of BTC is really encouraging for the ecosystem, since other "old money" investors such as Warren Buffett are missing the boat.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 07:45:47 AM

More and more big players are considering to enter bitcoin business. For sure bitcoin is important part of globalization and global trade.

Mowcore

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:09:30 AM

He used to be my boss!

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:28:33 AM

He knows how to run several business, and how to make them very profitable.  His endorsement of BTC is really encouraging for the ecosystem, since other "old money" investors such as Warren Buffett are missing the boat.

Warren Buffet is a nervous guy, regardless of his age. He don't want to lose any of the wealth he has accumulated over the decades. Check the last 10 years or so. He hasn't put his money in any high risk investments at all.  Angry
ewittt

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:15:35 AM

time to follow Richard Branson Grin
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:35:06 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 08:44:19 AM by djangocoin

People can use it to pay Virgin Galactic to take them tothemoon!

:]
Garryashas

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:37:36 PM

Use BTC to pay Virgin Galactic to take us tothemoon!

Will we find DOGE there ?
Mowcore

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:59:19 PM

Will we find DOGE there ?

DOGE will be too heavy for lift off.

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:04:49 PM

Thumbs up for Ricky B!
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:42:25 AM

He used to be my boss!

Cool.
You worked for him directly or one of his companies?
What is he really like?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:35:37 AM

Check here:

http://www.virgingalactic.com/booking/

$250,000 for a few minutes of fun. But definitely worth the experience.  Grin

And no. It will not take you to the moon. At least not in the near future.
Mowcore

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:40:39 AM

He used to be my boss!

Cool.
You worked for him directly or one of his companies?
What is he really like?

One of his (old) companies, Virgin Megastores. He is a really nice guy, I managed to meet him (say hello, shake hand etc) at a garden party that he invited a quarter of his British work force too. I went with my ex and my old manager at the time. I swear that when he gave up control on the music selling side of Virgin, the companies xmas presents started getting boring and sexist.

His hand was the richest hand I have ever touched...

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:19:08 AM

One of his (old) companies, Virgin Megastores. He is a really nice guy, I managed to meet him (say hello, shake hand etc) at a garden party that he invited a quarter of his British work force too. I went with my ex and my old manager at the time.

That was very nice of him. A good employer always take care of his employees. Unfortunately it is something that most of the bosses have yet to learn from their experiences.... for example my own boss.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: