Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
.. - 0 (0%)
... - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DARKCOIN: Unofficial Strategic Development of eCash  (Read 19048 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:24:40 PM

I voted for $5 Million of less but don't really know how to judge the market cap.  I suspect this coin will be of value in the future at this time but don't really know when that will be so I guessed low.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:25:49 PM

Answer me this fact ....

Not really in a mood for reading walls of text right now... but let me guess, he missed the lunch and is now pissed?

haha, I saw it since first day, with no windows wallet.

coins101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:28:44 AM

Answer me this fact ....

Not really in a mood for reading walls of text right now... but let me guess, he missed the lunch and is now pissed?

You and those like you that spread FUD and troll are the only reason I decided to self moderate. You don't add to the debate, you only want to promote your own agenda.

You and your like already have your own troll and FUD thread on darkcoin.

I don't care if I invest in Darkcoin, Zerocash, xyz anonymity coin. The one or ones with the best solution is all I care about. That is why I have not and will not put a penny into Anoncoin. Deal with reality.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:48:37 AM

Answer me this fact ....

LOL

So, I'm guessing Steve Ballmer himself threw a chair underneath you, tied you to it, and danced ranting around the room, thus preventing you from downloading, installing and using any one of about 100 completely fucking free linux distros, that hundreds of millions of other people, who are not idiots, manage to use perfectly well every single day all over planet Earth?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:55:14 AM

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

That's right, only the darkcoin dev and his friends can use linux!   Roll Eyes

THE FACTS ABOUT cryptohunter

1. Too stupid to use Ubuntu.
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:05:05 AM

Alternate views on darkcoin can be found here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559028.0

For devs views, see the OP with the devs story for the creation of Darkcoin https://darkcointalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:25:38 AM

Answer me this fact ....

iloveanoncoin is such an ignorant troll. Does not having a windows wallet for 1 day mean anything? NO.

Now get lost anoncoin

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
HiddenDark

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:43:51 PM

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

Every time they try to spam their coin just post this to remind them of the facts about their coin.

In a few years the distribution will be no more unequal than Bitcoin. If they mined 50% of the coins in the first 24 hours, that's only 2,000,000 coins. It is estimated there will be about 22,000,000 coins will be produced, so it's no real problem.

Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin www.darkcoinguide.us
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:50:57 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 06:14:59 PM by Joshuar

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

Every time they try to spam their coin just post this to remind them of the facts about their coin.

In a few years the distribution will be no more unequal than Bitcoin. If they mined 50% of the coins in the first 24 hours, that's only 2,000,000 coins. It is estimated there will be about 22,000,000 coins will be produced, so it's no real problem.
+1, people seem to forget the with EVERY coin out there, the beginning miners will make a lot since it's low difficulty, and the beginning miners usually tend to sell off what they mine Very early on. The same thing happened to bitcoin and litecoin.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:07:24 PM

Alternate views on darkcoin can be found here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559028.0

For devs views, see the OP with the devs story for the creation of Darkcoin https://darkcointalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/

that's it for the trolls
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:14:34 PM

That's right, only the darkcoin dev and his friends can use linux!   Roll Eyes

THE FACTS ABOUT cryptohunter

1. Too stupid to use Ubuntu.

Lol.  I've pointed this out to him in the past.  He didn't seem persuaded by my argument.
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:05:38 PM

Looks like Iloveanoncoin is a bit butt hurt. I think he feels threatened by the anonymity that darkcoin can offer. There is plenty of room in crypto for other anonymous coins, so whenever anc implements the zerocoin, I will more than welcome it.
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:20:56 PM

Looks like Iloveanoncoin is a bit butt hurt. I think he feels threatened by the anonymity that darkcoin can offer. There is plenty of room in crypto for other anonymous coins, so whenever anc implements the zerocoin, I will more than welcome it.

Anoncoin, in itself is a fail coin, no idea why he "loves" it, zerocoin is also centralized similar to ripple...so Darkcoin is the only answer to cryptocurrencies for anonymity.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:46:25 PM

All, the hardfork will break p2pool code. There is currently a bounty of

300DRK + US$100

to update the p2pool code. MPOS was already patched and NOMP was patched today.

If you cannot personally program, spread the word. I am working to get this on the Darkcoin twitter feed and at that time it can be retweeted.

Bounty info -> https://darkcointalk.org/threads/developement-work-for-p2pool-and-nomp-stratum-patch.360/

Old p2pool code -> https://github.com/chaeplin/p2pool-drk/issues/4

Updated MPOS Stratum code -> https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-stratum

Updates made to NOMP -> https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal/commit/c3a15ad200d6e5095931af06af48e43a31676e6b
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:07:16 PM

Is this just a hyped coin or is it really here to stay?

the developer is full time for a minimum of the next two years - his words - he works on the project everyday. there are others in support and bounties from own pockets and community bounties for extra help.

a foundation is being set-up to get more people on the development side, promotion side and to help third party developers set-up services, products, etc.
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:36:51 AM

I want to clear up some facts which I'm seeing propagated around this community about the CoinJoin trustless mixing used in Dark Wallet.

Dark Wallet coinjoin goes through a server, but the server cannot see any details of your transaction nor can they steal your coins. All details are encrypted for the counterparty, and all signing happens in the client.

The only weakness here is that a server gets taken down stopping the service in which case you switch to another service. Even if the NSA controlled the server, they wouldn't be able to steal your coins or observe your transaction at all.

Lastly the server is sharing messages with other servers (we are improving this too), so it isn't really centralised. It is federated kind of like how different email providers inter-operate with each other. The decentralised aspect will only improve over time as we develop standards and deploy technology.

More info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.msg6526623#msg6526623

DW dev

It is centralized or it is not. Like being pregnant. You cannot be a little bit pregnant. Dark Wallet, although I believe it can be a great tool, is still centralized. You have to trust a 3rd party somehow. DarkCoin is decentralized.

Well, I don't know .... I mean, if I had twins or triplets, I think I'd start seeing singles as being a little bit pregos.....  Grin  Cheesy  Grin

Is this all the techies around here have to say about that? As an investor, I`d like to know more about it (true, not true, partially true etc), because it adresses the supposed "unique selling proposition" of Darkcoin.

Dark Wallet’s developers admit it’s still at an early stage, and that, like any cryptography project, it will only prove itself and patch its bugs over time. Taaki says, for instance, that the software will eventually combine more than two users’ payments in every CoinJoin transaction, and also integrate the anonymity software Tor to better protect users’ IP addresses. In its current form, Taaki says Dark Wallet protects IPs only by obscuring them behind the server that negotiates CoinJoin transactions, which may still leave users vulnerable to identification by sophisticated traffic analysis. “It’s not foolproof, but it’s a strong tool,” says Taaki. “And it’s going to get better.”

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/dark-wallet/

The DarkWallet alpha release is our first release, aimed at showing and validating the different features with the community, before we have to settle it as finished and stable.
You can Create an identity in testnet to avoid risking real money with this alpha software.

https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/DarkWallet/Alpha

Its still a work in progress, it has problems, its using a central routing system (them), it's a browser plugin (might be risky), to get better anonymity you have to do some active work to get stealth addresses - it looks good as a third party service for bitcoin, but its not there yet or proven; which is straight from the horses mouth.

The USP of darkcoin is this: every wallet is set by default to mix transactions so its decentralised from the source. The mixing takes places through distributed master nodes which anyone can set-up provided they pay x DRK to prevent anyone from setting up rouge nodes with very little cost. So the start of the mixing is decentralised and the mixing is decentralised. The blockchain is useless.

As a user you don't have to do much, so the hurdle to participate is downloading a wallet. From then on, you have access to electronic cash.

btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:10:43 AM

the developer is full time for a minimum of the next two years - his words - he works on the project everyday. there are others in support and bounties from own pockets and community bounties for extra help.

a foundation is being set-up to get more people on the development side, promotion side and to help third party developers set-up services, products, etc.

Do you have more info on foundation? The only foundation info I have seen is the wiki. There is nothing about it on darkcointalk.
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:28:38 PM

admin cross post

why exactly $214.5/DRK?

I did a rough calculation that gets to $1bn with increasing coin circulation. But anything north of $200 is acceptable.

What can we do to help make that happen? Preferably something else than recommending family and friends to invest in drk.  Smiley

family and friends gets you to $3.

lets leave it for tomorrow to carry on......

Because of time zones, I want to kick this off and bump later. It also gives people a chance to see where I'm coming from for the discussion so we don't have a random discussion later on my suggested strategy session for getting DRK to $214.5/DRK by Nov.

Get your thinking caps on, keep your powder dry until 6pm Eastern Time, 11pm GMT

Anyone want to join - suggest freenode #darkcoin?

Firstly, given the unique features of DRK there is no reason why DRK cannot be worth $1bn by Nov 2014.

But just saying it doesn’t make it happen. If we can articulate why it will happen and then put in place the steps to help it happen, i.e. a strategy, then execute on those steps, that is what investors like to see with a project with good fundamentals which makes the investment a long-term hold:

A focal point for believing the product is good enough and the direction of travel is well thought out and solid enough over the short, medium and longer term.

What five things do you feel are needed to get us to $1bn by Nov 2014?

Here are my thoughts:

1.   Technology -  Darkcoin is fundamentally about the technology. That needs to be 100% solid.

Evan is a natural leader.  He wants to make a ton of money and is doing all the things needed from a technical standpoint to make it happen.

InternetApe is fantastic and works away keeping the show on the road.

We need to create a protection ring around them and anyone that joins the technical support from all the FUD.

Evan has identified many of the things needed to make Darkcoin unbeatable on a number of fronts. Even where others believe this or that alternative has better tech, they fall down in other areas.

So DRK tech is becoming very well rounded against its competition. It is emerging as a big player in the big leagues.

At some point Evan is going to get called up for interviews, so better get the technical work out the way and then the media stuff will help drive the price.

2.   Media momentum

Darkcoin has a number of smart traders around. We need them to provide more input and what needs to be done on momentum to keep the price level moving upwards.

From what I can tell, news events are one of the things that drive the price of crypto.

Anticipation prevents sellers dumping and moving to the next big thing and this gives price stability and upwards momentum.

We can’t control when people write stuff in the media about Darkcoin. What we can control is milestone releases.

I think we should identify key milestones and release them every 2 weeks. Some of these milestones might be news worthy.

From Dark Gravity Wave updates, to Ring Signatures, to release updates, to IP obfuscation and news about secret development projects.

There must be a way to create RSS feeds we can create to keep people in the loop with news worthy updates.  Maybe freenode every week at the same time?

We had a PR bounty to get media contact names, we should start to use that. We should also take to twitter and engage with media people, that is where they spend their lives because that is where news propagates.

Over the coming months, regulation is going to feature heavily – in a positive way. Politics now accepts crypto donations, finance firms are going to get licences for all sorts of things and exchanges are going to open up fiat-crypto options.

We need to be in the media when these things are mentioned. Privacy is newsworthy.

3.   Competitive landscape

To get to $1bn we also need to point out why Darkcoin is better than Litecoin and a good option for Bitcoin users.

Litecoin spent a lot of time trying to get listed on big exchanges. When it did, in particular the Chinese exchanges, the price didn’t go to the moon as many expected. Instead it traded in a narrow downward range with the price linked to Bitcoin.

We have enough exchanges, more is worth having, but a bigger focus should be placed on why Litecoin and other transaction coins will be at a competitive disadvantage to the new breed of privacy coins, of which Darkcoin has the benefit of an early brand lead given the amount of exposure being in the top 10 of Coinmarketcap has provided.

Any short-term discussions about brand and logos can’t get in the way now, because of being a top 10 crypto.

Zerocash is about to get a lot of media exposure but now it should be framed with Darkcoin being mentioned. If it doesn’t, take to the comments boxes – it worked with Wired.

Litecoin is too much of a competitor of Bitcoin, despite their attempts to suggest that Litecoin is for spending and Bitcoin is for investing.

We should look at saying Darkcoin is for spending on privacy centric aspects as these are by far the most profitable payment networks. With the advent of Sidechains, Bitcoin is going to be more about the benefits that can be derived from the block chain.

Over the short-term, darkcoin can create a symbiotic relationship with Bitcoin – Darkcoin for spending on private things, Bitcoin for things you want to be on the block chain for providing analysis to verification of ownership of property rights.

This symbiotic relationship is something all the privacy centric coins will want to establish. Darkcoin has a growing exchange liquidity to make it a reality, subject to stable and rising prices linked to media coverage, linked to technical development and milestones.

4.   Expenditure focus

So this is something every coin wants – places for people to use their coin in the real world as a payment tool.

I have highlighted several places where this can happen. We need to find ways to engage with these people. Stickers for shop doors, DRK payment processors, ATMs in legal gun shops and legal cannabis outlets. DRK being used in porn should give every investor the horn - they are a good fit.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.msg6335710#msg6335710

5.   Parallel drive

Lastly, to drive the price and maintain momentum, we can’t have:

•   Disarray; or
•   Linear progress; or
•   People wasting time on repeating the same things.

We need to be organised and have lots of people doing parallel activities and ensuring they are coordinated with few overlaps and no conflicts in either message or work.

The wiki and similar places are great places for pointing to facts and standard responses.

There are plenty of Darkcoin supporters with lots of experience and are heavily staked. We need support and input. Sitting on the side lines and waiting for the price to go up is more of a hope strategy – hope is never a strategy.  

In crypto, price discovery is everything. Nothing helps push up prices better than sellers that are afraid to sell for fear of losing out. That only comes from smart hard work on the project as a team.

Nothing beats hard work to make things happen.  It’s hard work on DRK, or hard work trying to pick out the next big thing from the sea of crap out there?

$1bn this Nov is within our reach. Investors, day traders, casual observers, customers and partners just need valid reasons to believe in DRK.

With Evan as lead and a good support network to clear the path for good work, $5bn next Nov is within our ability and control to achieve or throw away.

Its very easy to disappear up your own arse with some of this stuff, so feel free to challenge any or all of it.

coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:30:39 PM

Do you have more info on foundation? The only foundation info I have seen is the wiki. There is nothing about it on darkcointalk.

I haven't seen anything new. Guess its too early and too much going on.

I like this as a concept http://bitcoinassociation.org/about-us/

Bitcoin association built around decentralised autonomous corporation status, compared to Bitcoin Foundation.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:36:32 PM

I haven't seen anything new. Guess its too early and too much going on.

I like this as a concept http://bitcoinassociation.org/about-us/

Bitcoin association built around decentralised autonomous corporation status, compared to Bitcoin Foundation.

DACs are interesting I would be interested more if there was a successful one. The Bitcoin Association is does not seem to be important.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: