Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:43:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gone dead overnight?  (Read 723 times)
JusticeEmpire (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:05:57 AM

Thought I would start a new topic, as it is a new problem.

I have eventually got my Antminer U2 working and mining on a pool. I didn't run it 24/7. Every time I wanted to stop it running, I would close CMD window, and when I wanted to start it again, I click my batch file/script. This has worked fine. I unplugged the miner overnight, plugged it in this morning, but now when I run it, it tells me I have error with URL.

This was the same error I was getting, when I had the worker name wrong. Not only have I not changed anything since then, but I have double-checked and everything is as it was.

So what's happened and how do I fix it?

for ref, my script is -

bfgminer.exe  -o stratum+tcp://eu-stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u xxx -p xxx -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981 -S all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100

Any ideas/info?
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:16:33 PM

It's probably because your computer hasn't connected it when you switched it on??
If you are using CGWatcher, then it's because of a bug.
JusticeEmpire (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:23:00 PM

Ok, well it seems to have sprung back into life now.

So are you saying that sometimes just plugging into USB isn't enough? Is it good practice to boot up with it already plugged in?
byt411

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:26:17 PM

Ok, well it seems to have sprung back into life now.

So are you saying that sometimes just plugging into USB isn't enough? Is it good practice to boot up with it already plugged in?

Not really, just might have been a communication problem. I mean, like your PC might have gotten cut off from your Internet Connection for some weird reason.
JusticeEmpire (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:34:30 PM

I'm on wireless so I guess that is a possibility.

For reference, other than waiting, what's the fix for it? I did try rebooting etc...
byt411

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:38:05 PM

I'm on wireless so I guess that is a possibility.

For reference, other than waiting, what's the fix for it? I did try rebooting etc...

Umm... It's not really a problem, so just wait and check if your computer is really connected to the internet.
If yes, and that error still appears, tell us.
JusticeEmpire (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:43:22 PM

lol ok. I am fairly convinced it was connected, as I came on here to post for help Wink
byt411

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

lol ok. I am fairly convinced it was connected, as I came on here to post for help Wink

Well, the only slight possibility is that BTCGuild restarted their servers, and you just had the bad luck to connect while they were restarting.
JusticeEmpire (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:52:06 PM

it was out for quite a while though, I did try a couple of times during the day. Well hopefully it doesn't repeat itself
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:46:46 AM

It can take some time for the mining software (I think that you are using BFGMiner as per your previous thread) to establish communications with the pool server.  Being on WiFi might be another contributor.  You could try a separate utility to make sure that you get a reasonable connection to the pool (I tried WinMtr http://winmtr.net/, note that you enter just the url, without the port).
It's a good idea to have more than a single pool configured, with fallback to a backup pool if the primary pool has issues (pools have issues, faults, DDOS attacks and natural disasters), so having 'backup' would mean that your mining resources are put to some.

Check with your pool(s) what is the current recommended server address.  Some pools modify their settings so the address that you used 6 months ago may no longer be current (recently discovered that Eclipse mining did that, so some of my fallback settings found the pool 'dead').

What is the specific message that you are getting?  (a screen image, or text copy can help)

Cheers
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:26:32 PM

Using the miner with wifi I had many problems on delays and double confirmations...
if its possible get a cable
byt411

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:50:17 PM

Using the miner with wifi I had many problems on delays and double confirmations...
if its possible get a cable

What the heck are double confirmations?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: