Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:53:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You can't pay for a huge war without fiat currency-cool video inside  (Read 4059 times)
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:58:41 PM

I thought I would link this nice video where "Stefan Molyneux and Jeffrey Tucker discuss Stefan's upcoming speech on how bitcoin could end war"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtzJRCqkwvE

If you don't know Stedan Molyneux, check its youtube channel

"Each time husbands beat his wife he comes back the next day with flowers; politicians always say that it is the last war and to trust them.."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hundsstern

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:21:45 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 10:40:57 AM by Hundsstern

JFYI

After his speech at The Next Web Europe Conference on April 25th about BTC, YT disabled his account and everything related to it (Google Services). They fear BTC.

EDIT: but his account is back now.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:35:53 PM

I watched the video and it was interesting.  I think it is a bit oversimplified to think that the use of Bitcoin will end all wars though.  Although I believe Bitcoin is going to be wildly successful, I think fiat currencies will live alongside Bitcoin for quite sometime, if not indefinitely.  I do see how the creation of money and the control of money is problematic and has funded wars though.

That said, I think governments will eventually find a way to control those who use Bitcoin.  People will not be able to buy or sell anything without scanning an ID first so that everything is traceable, taxable and so on.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 09:55:37 PM

JFYI

After his speech at The Next Web Europe Conference on April 25th about BTC, YT disabled his account and everything related to it (Google Services). They fear BTC.

EDIT: but his account is back now.

Wow I didn't see about that, thank you for the link

Internet and youtube allow massive and fast share of infos and that is why we can see clearly that we are being oppressed

Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 10:50:33 PM

What funds war is money, and through all of banking history, governments have borrowed from wealth elites to fund them as wars are ludicrously expensive. These elites have funded both sides of wars, for profit and/or other selfish ends.

This in turn started the rise of the mega-bankers that quickly realized lending to governments is much more profitable than to common people, and enabled them to manipulate the economy and political structures as well. War is in their best interest, as countries find themselves fast indebted to the banks which at that point have total control over them.

In a Bitcoin world, no government or bank can simply print new money into existence endlessly to fund a war. Since Bitcoin is finite and cannot be debased this way, government needs direct financial support from the common people to do basically anything, as their balances are also then finite. We would vote directly for government actions through our direct funding of such initiatives. The US Government could care less in this regard because our votes don't matter, and they can have as much money created as they desire to fuel the war machine. They don't need the taxpayer to bomb other countries that have done nothing directly to us.

I think of you and I had to directly fund a war with our own money to have one, there would be virtually no war. If there was a war, it would be very short as that funding only goes so far. Going to war would then have to be the result of a profound threat to the state where war is the only option and the majority of people agree.

I don't believe Bitcoin can solve all of the worlds problems, but the fundamental change to our monetary system out of the hands of greedy, war driven bankers would be an excellent start to rid the world of suffering.

boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 08:25:21 PM

What funds war is money, and through all of banking history, governments have borrowed from wealth elites to fund them as wars are ludicrously expensive. These elites have funded both sides of wars, for profit and/or other selfish ends.

This in turn started the rise of the mega-bankers that quickly realized lending to governments is much more profitable than to common people, and enabled them to manipulate the economy and political structures as well. War is in their best interest, as countries find themselves fast indebted to the banks which at that point have total control over them.

In a Bitcoin world, no government or bank can simply print new money into existence endlessly to fund a war. Since Bitcoin is finite and cannot be debased this way, government needs direct financial support from the common people to do basically anything, as their balances are also then finite. We would vote directly for government actions through our direct funding of such initiatives. The US Government could care less in this regard because our votes don't matter, and they can have as much money created as they desire to fuel the war machine. They don't need the taxpayer to bomb other countries that have done nothing directly to us.

I think of you and I had to directly fund a war with our own money to have one, there would be virtually no war. If there was a war, it would be very short as that funding only goes so far. Going to war would then have to be the result of a profound threat to the state where war is the only option and the majority of people agree.

I don't believe Bitcoin can solve all of the worlds problems, but the fundamental change to our monetary system out of the hands of greedy, war driven bankers would be an excellent start to rid the world of suffering.

You are right, what you say is talked about in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtzJRCqkwvE; Bitcoin doesn't solve anything but without a fiat currency it is harder to fund a huge war without applying a lot of pressure on the people to steal their money

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: