Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:39:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Altdice.net -Multi coin dice game - Onchain - Provably Fair  (Read 12253 times)
yogg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 11:21:14 PM

The shareholders report for March 2015 is now released.
You are welcome to see it.

Thanks to our shareholders for these opportunities.

Link should point to http://altdice.net/march15.php
not march25.php!

Woops. Thanks. Grin
I corrected the link.
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 01:01:08 AM

Gridcoin (GRC) and Maieuticoin (MMXIV) have been added to AltDice.net !

Also, I'll be away for the easter weekend.
Thanks for your comprehension if I'm late to list the share sale and for the slow response.

Happy easter to you all !
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:21:20 AM

Nice to hear GRC being added! Smiley
COINPRADER

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:57:42 PM

So nice to see GRC games!

Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN
COINPRADER

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:28:12 PM

are we going to get an April shareholders report?

Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN
gr8tness

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:23:45 PM

are we going to get an April shareholders report?

I was wondering myself. May 4th now...
gr8tness

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:18:00 AM

Dev sure was active shilling for our funds... I apologize for wanting some sort of update on what was promised... 
gr8tness

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:29:02 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 01:21:02 PM by gr8tness

Our offer

We are selling 25% of all our future profits.
Your funds will be used to increase the max bet and increase profits.
If the website is ever sold, 25% of the sale amount will go to the shareholders, proportionally to their share value.
The sale is open until we reach the target.
You earn profit only for the coins you invested with.

Get paid monthly     <---- I liked that part....

At the end of each month, we will calculate the profits for all our games and send 25% of them proportionally to the shareholders, even if the target is not reached.   <--- I guess the joke is on me...
PoS staked coins count as profit, so you'll get a share of that as well.
This will take place for the life of the game. We won't deduct any fee (server costs, etc..) from your share of the profit.
We will post monthly profit reports on our blog. Let us know if you want to be added to our shareholders monthly newsletter !
If there are losses at the end of a month, losses are carried over to the next month and shareholders will receive profits only when there is profit.

I see the Josh Garza business plan is being applied...
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 03:00:29 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 04:54:14 PM by batesresearch

The dev is a trusted member of the crypto community. Just because he hasn't been online for 2 weeks doesn't mean he scammed you!
I'll reach out to him (He rents some servers off me that's how I know him) and see if he replies.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
gr8tness

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:17:09 AM

Sadly the crypto community has not had a good show lately... Sorry Im jaded... Im just looking for a response. Thank you for yours...
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:47:04 AM

Hello everybody.

First, please excuse me for the time I needed to come up with a solution and about my very poor communication.
I took a break because I didn't know how to address the situation. This is the first time something similar happens, I needed time to process the shock and find a suitable solution.
I missed the 1st of May profits payment. I just didn't know how to react.

As I said, the site and I are not going anywhere. I am a responsible person, I will stick to my word, and I'll do my best to find a solution that suits everybody.
The website is running since August 2013 and Altdice is one of the most resilient altcoin dice website over time.

Now, about the event. The offchain dice script was exploited and the site's hot wallets were emptied.
Some coins were stolen. A minor share, but still.

I didn't do the calculations yet, but I believe the stolen amount is somewhere around 1.5-2 BTC.
When that happened, I was unsure of the future of the website. For sure I wouldn't run away with investors funds, but then, what to do ?

I was thinking of selling the website so I can free some of my time and repay the investor without injecting my own funds.
But, I don't really want to give up on AltDice. There is still a lot of room for improvement.

My biggest mistake was to keep the news while I thought of some solution.
I know the first thing I should have done was to communicate about what happened. I am very sorry for this.

What happens now ? Nothing really changes.
I will buy the stolen coins back and cover 100% of the loss.
The profits for April will be paid as they were supposed to be, at the end of this month. So at the end of May investors will receive April and May profits.
Along with the profits payment, I will add 10% of your investment to compensate for the inconvenience and lack of communication.

Also, I will be looking for a new and safe offchain dice script so players can enjoy this game with a large selection of altcoins.

Now that this is posted, I will review and reply to the posts.

AltDice is a legit website. For sure I lack some management skills but I try hard to do my best.
I value honesty a lot, I won't allow that investors who trusted me suffer from any loss of coins.

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 11:53:23 AM

Hello everybody.

First, please excuse me for the time I needed to come up with a solution and about my very poor communication.
I took a break because I didn't know how to address the situation. This is the first time something similar happens, I needed time to process the shock and find a suitable solution.
I missed the 1st of May profits payment. I just didn't know how to react.

As I said, the site and I are not going anywhere. I am a responsible person, I will stick to my word, and I'll do my best to find a solution that suits everybody.
The website is running since August 2013 and Altdice is one of the most resilient altcoin dice website over time.

Now, about the event. The offchain dice script was exploited and the site's hot wallets were emptied.
Some coins were stolen. A minor share, but still.

I didn't do the calculations yet, but I believe the stolen amount is somewhere around 1.5-2 BTC.
When that happened, I was unsure of the future of the website. For sure I wouldn't run away with investors funds, but then, what to do ?

I was thinking of selling the website so I can free some of my time and repay the investor without injecting my own funds.
But, I don't really want to give up on AltDice. There is still a lot of room for improvement.

My biggest mistake was to keep the news while I thought of some solution.
I know the first thing I should have done was to communicate about what happened. I am very sorry for this.

What happens now ? Nothing really changes.
I will buy the stolen coins back and cover 100% of the loss.
The profits for April will be paid as they were supposed to be, at the end of this month. So at the end of May investors will receive April and May profits.
Along with the profits payment, I will add 10% of your investment to compensate for the inconvenience and lack of communication.

Also, I will be looking for a new and safe offchain dice script so players can enjoy this game with a large selection of altcoins.

Now that this is posted, I will review and reply to the posts.

AltDice is a legit website. For sure I lack some management skills but I try hard to do my best.
I value honesty a lot, I won't allow that investors who trusted me suffer from any loss of coins.

You don't lack anything, anyone would have panicked and buried their head but not many would have come back! AltDice is an awesome site (Be it a little addictive) but a brilliant service in the crypto world.

yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 11:46:19 PM

Sadly the crypto community has not had a good show lately... Sorry Im jaded... Im just looking for a response. Thank you for yours...

Hello gr8tness,

I understand your concerns. I am conscious I should have communicated more about what happened. In fact, at the beginning of May, I was not sure what to do.
This is why I skipped the profit payments.

I never intended to scam, and I this is not an option for me.

Now that I have found a solution to keep the website going, everything should be back to normal at the end of the month. I'll pay the profits for April and May at the end of May.

Also, I'll be looking to make the offchain dice game available ASAP. Thanks for your comprehension and sorry for the inconvenience.

You don't lack anything, anyone would have panicked and buried their head but not many would have come back! AltDice is an awesome site (Be it a little addictive) but a brilliant service in the crypto world.

Thanks a lot for your kind words and support, batesresearch. It's really precious to me. It might sound stupid, but I really need that... Cryptoworld is a harsh place and we should help each other.
I'll never thank you enough for reassuring everyone in this thread, when I was away.
I immensely appreciate everything you do for me. I'm forever grateful to you.
gr8tness

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:46:18 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2015, 11:31:04 AM by gr8tness

yogg

First off, THANK YOU FOR REPLYING AND EXPLAINING.
Secondly... I'm an investor... What does that mean to me? I gave you something hoping you can take that something and make something. Did I expect payments every month? Honestly... No... I was expecting a report though. As was displayed here, YOU are highly regarded in the crypto community. YOU need to keep that in mind. Once your reputation is sullied it is a hard road to repair. As they say in my industry, 1000 "Good Jobs" can be wiped out by one "Oh Shit"...

With that being said. It appears the only people making money in the crypto community are the piece of shit hackers and scamers. This is sad yet understandable.

Moving forward I have these questions.
1. Is the site still functional and fluid?
2. Has the issue been resolved?
3. If the issue has not been patched, do you have a game plan to correct with a timeline?

I have no anger with you. If this needs to be put on hold to ensure no future loss I have no problem sitting and waiting. Do what you need to do and correct the issues.

Concerning the monthly profit report I would simply like to see a report showing the loss. As an investor I will look at the issue and IF its in my best interest I will re-invest funds providing the issue has been fixed.  

Lastly, if the hot wallets were hacked can you post the information so that we can see how this happened? Did someone game the system? How was this done?

This is YOUR creation and I hope you have not lost your passion to this project that you displayed early on that convinced me to invest in YOU. I look forward to your response..
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:07:44 PM

Altdice still paying out profits?

-tb-

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 11:56:51 AM

-tb-

Can anyone verify if it is? I'm not sure if this is an automated feature or manual but I have been unable to get hold of Yogg since the 9th June.

gr8tness

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:51:03 PM

-tb-

Can anyone verify if it is? I'm not sure if this is an automated feature or manual but I have been unable to get hold of Yogg since the 9th June.

Not looking good. Any ideas?
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 06:11:00 PM

Not looking good. Any ideas?

I'm not sure. I have contacted Yogg by email and PM several times over the last two months but haven't heard anything back. I do host two Altdice.net servers and am waiting for payment of 2 months which is overdue.

I do have trust in Yogg but like I said I am still awaiting a response.

traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:20:52 PM

I don't think this dude is coming back!
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 07:51:11 AM

The Altdice.net main VPS has been taken down for maintenance and depending on the feedback from the engineers will either be placed back online later today or kept offline for a few days.

Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: