Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:31:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How high will BTC go in the next bull run.  (Read 4004 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:42:23 PM

It depends on how easy it is to buy and store bitcoins when the next bull run begins. 

If the next bull run starts in May, then not too high. 

If the next bull run starts just before the Winklevoss ETF goes live, and if thousands of bitcoin ATMs are deployed and operating across the world, and if we have improved wallet technology to secure our private keys, then I think we could see the biggest bull run in bitcoin's history. 

It already feels like "it's taking too long", but your wisdom is correct.
BTC still has some more growing up to do.

pinksheep (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:45:08 PM

It sure feels as if it's taking too long to me; since I became involved with BTC it has only gone in one direction & that's not the direction I'd like! But I definitely don't regret buying & I'm in it for the long term.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:46:00 PM

I presume you're an analysis; if you are, I'm a millionaire  Smiley

Just giving back to the community Smiley
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:56:09 PM

It sure feels as if it's taking too long to me; since I became involved with BTC it has only gone in one direction & that's not the direction I'd like! But I definitely don't regret buying & I'm in it for the long term.

Patience is key. It may hover around in the 400-500 range for another year or more. Compared to traditional investments bitcoin's rise in the past is already stellar. A sideway trend with low volatility will help infrastructure development which is really needed.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:19:23 PM

Patience is key. It may hover around in the 400-500 range for another year or more. Compared to traditional investments bitcoin's rise in the past is already stellar. A sideway trend with low volatility will help infrastructure development which is really needed.

ya.ya.yo!

A sideway trend with low volatility is boring, but can be really healthy long-term.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:19:41 PM

ya.ya.yo!
When has Bitcoin hovered around any number for a year or more?  I think the odd of that happening are pretty low. Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:24:36 PM

ya.ya.yo!
When has Bitcoin hovered around any number for a year or more?  I think the odd of that happening are pretty low. Wink

I remember it happening for about that long in 2011/2012. You were probably being rhetorical, though.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:25:28 PM

Hey.  Honest question.  Honest answer.  Thanks for that.

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 09:28:16 PM

ya.ya.yo!

I would bet it will not hover around 400-500 for 3months, it was at 350 a few weeks ago, remember? If it was at 3000$ for 2weeks you would say it is going to hover between 2900 and 3100 for another year or more

ya.ya.yo!

A sideway trend with low volatility is boring, but can be really healthy long-term.

The price volatility has been excellent for Bitcoin because it has attracted a lot of people that want to profit from it + it is fun like you said

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:28:41 PM

ya.ya.yo!

I remember it happening for about that long in 2011/2012. You were probably being rhetorical, though.

BTC was in the ~$5 to $7 range for a long time after the low of $1.9998.
I don't remember exactly how long.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:53:14 PM

ya.ya.yo!

BTC was in the ~$5 to $7 range for a long time after the low of $1.9998.
I don't remember exactly how long.

I guess it could happen.  But we have more "players in the game" now.  I would think it would be harder now than it was then to plateau for so long.  Plus we have some big "players" entering the field in a few months, so it appears.

btcgoldsilver

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Bitcoins Gold Silver

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:55:57 PM

at about $4000 we'll be like woah thats mental it can't keep going up, but it'll keep going then at $12000 we'll be going holy shit its gonna go to $200000 but then it will collapse down to about $6000 and we'll be going shit its the end of bitcoins its going down to $0 but then it'll stablise about $5000 for about half ayear and stuff then it will happen again at higher level. Booms will keep going for a while yet

16ZodW6mxFkmxrCy5MSii7PLJ6VdfNknue
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:32:43 PM

Bitcoin will still be hard to use for non-IT people, it does not matter what kind of security measure you have setup, as long as people don't understand how private key works (which is the most difficult part), they will get hacked sooner or later

The hope is on professional services. Experienced bitcoiner can become tomorrow's bitcoin fund manager, many bitcoiners will become private fund manager for their relatives and friends

Price can go very high, there are trillions of dollars that commercial banks stored at Federal reserve right now (because of large inflow of QE money), they just need one green signal to flood the exchanges

Daily inflow of fiat money decide exchange rate, daily coin supply is about 5000 coins, if daily inflow of fiat money worldwide is 5 million dollars, then the exchange rate will be $1000

1 trillion dollars of QE money is able to maintain 1000 days of money inflow at a rate of 1 billion dollars per day, that will keep the exchange rate at $200K for almost 3 years Cool

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:13:51 AM

Bitcoin will still be hard to use for non-IT people, it does not matter what kind of security measure you have setup, as long as people don't understand how private key works (which is the most difficult part), they will get hacked sooner or later

The hope is on professional services. Experienced bitcoiner can become tomorrow's bitcoin fund manager, many bitcoiners will become private fund manager for their relatives and friends

Price can go very high, there are trillions of dollars that commercial banks stored at Federal reserve right now (because of large inflow of QE money), they just need one green signal to flood the exchanges

Daily inflow of fiat money decide exchange rate, daily coin supply is about 5000 coins, if daily inflow of fiat money worldwide is 5 million dollars, then the exchange rate will be $1000

1 trillion dollars of QE money is able to maintain 1000 days of money inflow at a rate of 1 billion dollars per day, that will keep the exchange rate at $200K for almost 3 years Cool

OK, sounds great.
What happens after $200K/BTC for almost 3 years?

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:26:33 AM

If this ends up being a 2011-like bear market, then the next bull run may not set new ATHs, but may be a recovery rally, perhaps from $200 to $500. Then 8 months later another recovery rally to $900, Then 8 months after that, a rally that breaks ATH.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:15:12 AM

I'm gonna go with 1500 - 1700 $  it just seems like a safe bet to me.  I can see it going higher but I don't have any real reason for this.  If there is more growth among users then I could be way off and I hope I will be.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:56:26 AM

If this ends up being a 2011-like bear market, then the next bull run may not set new ATHs, but may be a recovery rally, perhaps from $200 to $500. Then 8 months later another recovery rally to $900, Then 8 months after that, a rally that breaks ATH.

And pigs may fly.... bitcoin waiting around for the ~ 2 years that you talk about ...

3 months is a long long time in crypto

OBJECT NOT FOUND
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:22:48 AM

Bitcoin will still be hard to use for non-IT people...

This is one of the elements that contributes to the powerful "bubble" nature of Bitcoin - it acts as a barrier to entry which actually gives speculators plenty of time to get on board the train (something many only see with hindsight).

I think the next high will be around $3,600, sometime before the end of the year.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
lonely@thetop

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:03:48 AM

Bitcoin will still be hard to use for non-IT people...

This is one of the elements that contributes to the powerful "bubble" nature of Bitcoin - it acts as a barrier to entry which actually gives speculators plenty of time to get on board the train (something many only see with hindsight).

I think the next high will be around $3,600, sometime before the end of the year.

What do you think will cause the next spike?
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:29:07 AM

$6,000 per BTC . Easily

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: