Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:05:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shared Coin Transaction lost  (Read 2329 times)
Demlmann (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:01:35 PM

Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to bitcoin and this whole stuff, so be forbearing with me.

So lately I started using Shared Coin, and until now everything went fine with it. But the day before yesterday, I tried to send ~0.4 btc from my blockchain-wallet to a multibit-wallet via shared coin, and now the bitcoins are "lost". I chose 4 repetitions and entered the (correct!) receiving address and clicked on "Review Payment". Now the process started, and it said "Getting unspent outputs". The thing is that lately the process stopped/freezed at this points several times. I can leave the browser window open for several hours and nothing happens. I can't even cancel it, when I click the button nothing happens. So whenever that happens, I see no other option but to close the browser window sometime. Whenever I did this before, nothing really happened, I could log into my blockchain-wallet again, and the bitcoins I tried to send were still there.
But this time the bitcoins were gone, and the transaction now already has over 300 conformations.

If the hash for the transaction is of any interest, it's: https://blockchain.info/tx/a95d3964f90e96b11b1813fe02115f60346b8734603054a305c2d635fe5648a0

It's not that much money that I lost, but for me it's still a lot, so any help would be greatly appreciated, tia.
testbug

Activity: 851
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:40:48 AM

Hi Demlmann and welcome to the forum Smiley

Normally, a transaction just doesn't dissapear. You 100% sure u entered the right adress? Did you concact blockchain.info support? (contacted them twice, received friendly and fast help).

Which was your sending and receiving BTC adress?

Did you send that BTC to someone else in say order for buying sth?
Demlmann (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:47:51 AM

Hi Demlmann and welcome to the forum Smiley

Normally, a transaction just doesn't dissapear. You 100% sure u entered the right adress? Did you concact blockchain.info support? (contacted them twice, received friendly and fast help).

Yeah I'm quite positive that I entered the right address. And I already contacted the support. They told me to use the "Recover Intermediate Addresses"-Feature, but that doesn't do anything for me ... (I mean the transaction is confirmed anyway, I just don't understand)

Which was your sending and receiving BTC adress?

Did you send that BTC to someone else in say order for buying sth?

I'm not 100% sure if I chose "Any address" for the sending address, or if I chose my most used address, where all my bitcoins were (16Yfj3odbVDEeqhCwpPjVhA7VfSFW9xGGU). The weird thing is, that there's not a single bitcoin (or µBTC for that matter) left on this address, but I somehow got 0.0025 back to one of my other receiving addresses ...

And no, I didn't send them to someone else, I sent them to my own multibit-wallet.
Demlmann (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:01:40 PM

Did something like this ever happen to anyone with shared coin? is there a possibility, that it was sent to a "wrong" address? (And I just double checked, I'm 99,99% sure, that I entered (copy-pasted) the right receiving address ...)
PerrythePlatypus

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:57:43 AM

Check with Blockchain.info support, they seems to have experienced problems like this before.
Soappa

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:40:56 AM

Has the problem been solved now?
If not, try to send a support ticket at https://blockchain.zendesk.com/home Smiley

blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:22:53 AM

Use the "Reset blockchain and transactions". I think that could solve it! Smiley
https://multibit.org/help_resetBlockchain.html
Demlmann (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:11:34 PM

Sry I totally forgot about this thread, the bitcoins were on my multibit wallet a few days later, I guess it had something to do with multibit not downloading the blockchain or something, because when I sent some more bitcoins to the address, both transactions appeared simultaneously. At least it showed me that bitcoins can't disappear (and that I didn't do anything wrong Cheesy)
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:40:33 PM

Sry I totally forgot about this thread, the bitcoins were on my multibit wallet a few days later, I guess it had something to do with multibit not downloading the blockchain or something, because when I sent some more bitcoins to the address, both transactions appeared simultaneously. At least it showed me that bitcoins can't disappear (and that I didn't do anything wrong Cheesy)
I'm happy to hear it turned out well! Smiley
It's a good feeling when you realize that it wasn't your fault it didn't work! Cheesy
Soappa

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:02:29 PM

Glad to see the problem get sorted out eventually. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: