Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:24:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Drank all the milk from a coconut...opened it up and it was full of fungus  (Read 5577 times)
Reuben

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:59:09 AM

How can fungus even get inside a coconut if its not cracked?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:05:09 PM

Fungus produces a toxin that can be found in affected coconuts, causes a disruption of the ATP/ADP exchange at the end of the electron transport chain in your mitochondria. Causing a number of things to go bad. I would go see your doctor right away.

Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:18:46 PM

Fungus produces a toxin that can be found in affected coconuts, causes a disruption of the ATP/ADP exchange at the end of the electron transport chain in your mitochondria. Causing a number of things to go bad. I would go see your doctor right away.

It's probably too late seeing how he hasnt responded lol.
jinjuro

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:24:19 PM

Through the eye of the coconut. Mostly that part will the first to rot and it has no hard shell.
dubouis

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:25:54 PM

Through the eye of the coconut. Mostly that part will the first to rot and it has no hard shell.

It seriously called "Eye of the Coconut" ? :DDD
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:12:17 PM

It seriously called "Eye of the Coconut" ? :DDD

Eye of the Coconut, also known as the Pore.

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:20:55 PM

So now you'll know that you firstly need to drill a hole in coconut , drain the "coco milk", then open the "empty" coconut. If you'll see fungus in there take the glass with coco milk and spill It right into the bin!
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:29:52 PM

very glad u decided to bring it back to the market and complain instead of just excepting it and chalking it up to a loss.  I would have asked for two more coconuts for that heh. 
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 04:34:55 PM

Who the fuck just consumes their food and drink without checking that it's alright first?
Dogtanian

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:37:38 PM

Who the fuck just consumes their food and drink without checking that it's alright first?

Do you check the contents of a can of soda are ok by pouring it out first?
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 04:42:52 PM

Depends on what it is, I didn't check cans, but I have glanced over the ingredients, I think I've pretty much given up on the canned stuff, but when I look at food I also pay attention to the price and things like that, I've just recently been buying bacon that's a little bit more but has way more pork in it and less water, tastes fantastic.

I do all my cooking myself the majority of the time so I very rarely run into health problems like the OP is going into, I think I've only ever had problems when I've ordered from somewhere etc.
Dogtanian

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

Depends on what it is, I didn't check cans, but I have glanced over the ingredients, I think I've pretty much given up on the canned stuff, but when I look at food I also pay attention to the price and things like that, I've just recently been buying bacon that's a little bit more but has way more pork in it and less water, tastes fantastic.

Hmm... do they add water to the bacon or is it just naturally occurring? I know there's shitloads of water in ham that they add.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:00:42 PM

Nobody is perfect we all make mistakes.  The OP could always check first but have just forgotten this time and that is all that it takes.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 07:44:59 PM

Hmm... do they add water to the bacon or is it just naturally occurring? I know there's shitloads of water in ham that they add.

I'm not sure what the story is behind the water to be honest, I think some of it is naturally occurring in the process but some of them add it, it must be like with coal where they sometimes add rocks to their bags to make it pass the quotas the supermarkets have etc.

Nobody is perfect we all make mistakes.  The OP could always check first but have just forgotten this time and that is all that it takes.

Oh yeah, don't dispute that but this is why I always do things like double check and triple check that I've locked a door or something rather than just leave it to chance, it's the same sort of thing.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 08:43:09 PM

Apologies for not reading any posts in this thread, but I did read the title yesterday, of which caused me to dream about drinking coconut milk last night, even opening up the coconut to discover that it was a grayish color in said dream.

Hell, the way my mind works, I'll probably dream about Sha-Na-Na today since I only read the thread title "What Browser You Use".
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:51:57 AM

I do all my cooking myself the majority of the time so I very rarely run into health problems like the OP is going into, I think I've only ever had problems when I've ordered from somewhere etc.

there were several reports on canned or glass products that had insects and even animals inside of them, a look at the ingredients won't help with that, you just hope that everything is alright because you can't ever check everything, it's good to be cautious and you are doing the right thing, but luck is an important factor as well
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:52:35 AM

But shouldn't the milk taste different when the coconut had fungus - without opening the shell? I mean you could feel something unusual while drinking it, right?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:01:38 AM

But shouldn't the milk taste different when the coconut had fungus - without opening the shell? I mean you could feel something unusual while drinking it, right?

He was probably referring to the coconut water, and not to the coconut milk. Yes... mold infected coconut water tastes bad, compared to the sweet tender coconut water.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:34:56 AM

lol...don't worry  french eat from centuries blue cheese with mold ,but here are some tips to identify rotten coconut:
-Buy only coconuts that do not have mold growth on the husk.
-Heavy coconuts indicate good quality.
-Store whole coconuts in the fridge as it gives a long shelf life of many weeks.
-Dessicated coconut and coconut milk must be refrigerated and used within 48 hours of purchase.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dogtanian

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:15:51 AM

lol...don't worry  french eat from centuries blue cheese with mold ,but here are some tips to identify rotten

Not quite the same though. There's different bacterias and funguses some of which will or wont kill you.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: