Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:27:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Use my credit card to buy whatever you want.  (Read 1027 times)
spookycloud (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:36:39 AM

Hey guys I thought I read awhile back about a website offering this.
I am just trying to get bonus miles on my credit card by offering this.

Here is how it works say you buy a coffee maker on amazon for $50. You give me the $50 in bitcoins and then I use my credit card to buy it for you.

BTW can a moderator move this over to the services section please?
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:04:52 AM

I have had problems ordering online when shipping address is different to the credit card billing address. I wonder you have thought of that, or you have never had this problem?
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:32:20 AM

Here is how it works say you buy a coffee maker on amazon for $50. You give me the $50 in bitcoins and then I use my credit card to buy it for you.

Hi,
I am not sure if i am going to pay a newbie 50$ in BTC and then expect anything in return. Can you use Escrow?
BR,
Gondel
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:32:42 AM

Also how much you are going to charge me for this kind of service?
bitgoldencoin

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 07:56:58 AM

Hi Guys, just thought I would give my 2cents of experience in this topic for all the guys thinking about doing this.

With my experience working for the hospitality industry, I have seen many times goods being purchased with stolen credit cards via Amazon. Now, I am not saying this newbie is a scam artist but the whole deal to me sounds fishy and my self raised red flags instantly tells me this is called money laundry where a credit card has been obtained by fraudulent means, and the person involved is rotating the $$$ by anonymously laundering the credit limit for bitcoins...

Just a word of warning... approach with extreme care and know the person you are dealing with! 
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:34:47 PM

Also how much you are going to charge me for this kind of service?
Its clear from his post that he won't charge any fee.You just pay him back the amount in Bitcoin.
spookycloud (OP)

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:57:47 AM

Hi,
I am not sure if i am going to pay a newbie 50$ in BTC and then expect anything in return. Can you use Escrow?
BR,
Gondel

Hey there I am no newbie I have been around here since 2012 and yes I can use escrow.

Also in reply to the above person there is a 0% fee.
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:52:38 AM

Sounds extremely fishy, but if he uses an escrow at least you know you'll get the product. IDK if any escrow providers would touch this deal with a 100 meter pole.

Who pays the escrow fees?

PerrythePlatypus

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:59:37 AM

Is it possible to tell the bank that your card was hacked and the money can be refunded?
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:51:03 AM

Is it possible to tell the bank that your card was hacked and the money can be refunded?

Yup. The classic charge back.

pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:37:30 AM

Hi Guys, just thought I would give my 2cents of experience in this topic for all the guys thinking about doing this.

With my experience working for the hospitality industry, I have seen many times goods being purchased with stolen credit cards via Amazon. Now, I am not saying this newbie is a scam artist but the whole deal to me sounds fishy and my self raised red flags instantly tells me this is called money laundry where a credit card has been obtained by fraudulent means, and the person involved is rotating the $$$ by anonymously laundering the credit limit for bitcoins...

Just a word of warning... approach with extreme care and know the person you are dealing with! 

This user registered at 2012 but he didn't use his account. Everybody should be careful, because btc payments are irreversible. But if credit card number is stolen, banks reversed the payment and you get nothing for your btc.
PerrythePlatypus

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:54:24 PM

Hi,
BR,
Gondel

Hey there I am no newbie I have been around here since 2012 and yes I can use escrow.

Also in reply to the above person there is a 0% fee.
The time doesn't mean anything considering your amount of post is so low, there is a possibility of your account being bought or hacked.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 02:59:43 PM

What good is an Escrow in a case where the card is stolen? Sure the transaction will go through and you will get product and he will get the BTC but after a few weeks the cops knock at your door for receiving stolen merchandise.  Only the OP can prove the Card is his by I.D.

Escrow will not protect you in this case.

This.  Do you know how easy it is to reverse and chargeback on a credit card?  Careful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: