Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:01:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How, in the end, do you think the world will end?  (Read 3817 times)
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:14:23 PM

Would that end Earth? Once the sun retracts, wouldn't the Earth just be a smaller, charred rock, assuming it could keep something resembling an orbit. The people of Madagascar will repopulate the planet,,,,,,,,,,,,......

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:37:15 PM

Modern human civilization as we know it. I don't think we'll last nearly long enough to be snuffed out by the sun.........

Flomess

Activity: 705
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:39:52 PM

Something catastrophic, unavoidable, like a big ass meteorite.
Like the one who obscured the sun for years and caused the extincion of 96% of the lifeforms (including dinosaurs), starting a new iceage.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:40:56 PM

In my opinion, the world will end with a previously unknown epidemic, spread by some newly discovered air-borne virus. Remember, Ebola was discovered only in 1976. A lot more unknown viruses might be existing in the remote an inaccessible forests of Amazonia and Central Africa.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:44:10 PM

the world will never end only the human life has its end
if there is a doomsday then we will not probably see it as we dont know what will happen to us the next day

The planet will surely end.  Nothing lasts forever or that is my belief based on what I've learned throughout my life anyway.
Reuben

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:04:19 PM

if there is a doomsday then we will not probably see it as we dont know what will happen to us the next day

Of course it will end.
Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:05:55 PM

I think there's a lot of physicists who will disagree with you there. The universe will most likely collapse at some point but the sun will've burned out long before that happens..
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:08:34 PM

When a 51% attack occurs on the blockchain, 100 years from now.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:15:10 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 08:53:47 PM by Anon136

the one that is most likely (though still not that likely) everyone seems to be missing. namely artificial intelligence may simply out compete us. not really a disaster though. it would just be replacing inferior intelligence with superior intelligence. on net a good thing but it would still mean the extinction of our species.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Gervais

Activity: 366

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:20:23 PM

When a 51% attack occurs on the blockchain, 100 years from now.

lol if that will never happen.
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:09:50 PM

In my opinion, the world will end with a previously unknown epidemic, spread by some newly discovered air-borne virus. Remember, Ebola was discovered only in 1976. A lot more unknown viruses might be existing in the remote an inaccessible forests of Amazonia and Central Africa.
Why would the viruses evolve where there are almost no people? Doesn't it usually evolve where there are to many of a specie?
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:20:27 PM

I suspect nuclear war is most likely to take place.  Don't think it will be the end but the beginning of a new chapter.
Gervais

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:23:19 PM

I suspect nuclear war is most likely to take place.  Don't think it will be the end but the beginning of a new chapter.

It's unlikely nukes will wipe out the entire planet.
blacksails

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:27:57 PM

At the moment yes, since there is not really anyone ready to push the button (not even DPRK).
But if there would be a nuclear war big areas would become totally devastated and also become uninhabitable for a very long time. Then many more would probably die in the atomic winter that could occur as well.
Gervais

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:38:07 PM

At the moment yes, since there is not really anyone ready to push the button (not even DPRK).
But if there would be a nuclear war big areas would become totally devastated and also become uninhabitable for a very long time. Then many more would probably die in the atomic winter that could occur as well.

Countries might be destroyed or become inhabitable but it's unlikely the planet will.
blacksails

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:56:21 PM

Countries might be destroyed or become inhabitable but it's unlikely the planet will.
Not in the essence that the planet will turn to dust no, but it could very well end life on this planet as we know it. Atomic bombs can cause really heavy damage you know, and atomic dust can contaminate places unaffected by the explosion itself as well. It could also cause an atomic winter, which would be really devastating to the people that has survived the war.
Gervais

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:23:57 PM

Not in the essence that the planet will turn to dust no, but it could very well end life on this planet as we know it. Atomic bombs can cause really heavy damage you know, and atomic dust can contaminate places unaffected by the explosion itself as well. It could also cause an atomic winter, which would be really devastating to the people that has survived the war.

How big do the nukes have to be for nuclear winter?
Reuben

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:30:26 PM

Probably have to be many released all over the world.
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:36:53 PM

With our deaths.
blacksails

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:37:07 AM

A single 100 megaton air burst would be enough, so it wouldn't require that many (The strongest ever built was ~50 and was a hydrogen bomb).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: