Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining information  (Read 623 times)
baebygoodnight (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:40:05 AM

Hello,
Right now I am doing a research for school and I'm trying to find out what the demand of Bitcoin mining hardware is nowadays (I feel like this is hopeless...) It's pretty hard to find information regarding this and therefore I was hoping that maybe someone can help me out. I think a good starter would be to find out how many people are actually mining bitcoins. If there's anyone that can help me and has the time for it I will forever be grateful!
(I'm sorry if my English is bad.)
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:08:22 AM

Check out the mining section. Of course there is big demmand for mining and the equipment but it's not really profitable for begginers anymore.
pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:36:10 AM

All answers are in this forum. You just need to read them. If you want to mine Bitcoins you need powerful equipment. So, if you don't invest money in your pocket, you can't mine Bitcoins.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:35:23 PM

Check out the mining section. Of course there is big demmand for mining and the equipment but it's not really profitable for begginers anymore.

Give me an example of a profitable mining now days with some calculations, thanks.
Tammy Chan

Activity: 820

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:08:36 PM

I think a good starter would be to find out how many people are actually mining bitcoins. If there's anyone that can help me and has the time for it I will forever be grateful!

You can find the total network hashrate easily, but it is hard to estimate the number of miners.
People could have a huge ASIC farm, or could have just a USB miner mining just for fun.

Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:14:38 PM

Give me an example of a profitable mining now days with some calculations, thanks.

What do you mean?  Huh
Tammy Chan

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:17:15 PM

What do you mean?  Huh

I guess he wanted to say bitcoin mining is not profitable for everyone, not just beginners.

Garryashas

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:20:39 PM

What do you mean?  Huh

I guess he wanted to say bitcoin mining is not profitable for everyone, not just beginners.

1 Ph/s with no electricity bills - I'd say - it looks profitable. Cheesy
Tammy Chan

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:28:37 PM

What do you mean?  Huh

1 Ph/s with no electricity bills - I'd say - it looks profitable. Cheesy

Probably not the case when you include the cost for the ASICs lol Cheesy

pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:33:15 PM

If you have solar or wind system and you get free electricity, then I'm sure it would be really profitable.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:59:14 PM

miners hide their secrets often
Zebra

Activity: 612

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:09:35 PM