Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:58:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OzCoin (OZC) | Pow/PoS | A coin by aussies for aussies  (Read 25221 times)
Ozcoin (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:01:53 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 02:40:03 PM by Ozcoin

A cryptocurrency designed by Aussies for Aussies! We have been working on this project for the past few weeks and despite the other "Australian" coins, we simply could not step aside and allow such poor products represent our great nation. Australia has already had great success with bitcoin, via merchants & services but we believe we can achieve mass adoption with a special cryptocurrency designed to target and engage everyday Australians.

Specifications:
 - Scrypt POW/POS
 - Total Coins: 26,000,000
 - Block Reward: 2600
 - Total Blocks: 10000
 - POS After Block: 10000
 - Premine 10% for distribution to 100,000 Australians
 - Block Time: 1 Minute
 - Stake Interest: 1% annually

Downloads:
Available at launch

Links:
www.ozcoin.co

Pools:
Please pm me to add your pool

FAQ
How will we reach mass adoption?
Our plan is to hand out 26 Ozcoins to the first 100,000 Australians that lodge their claims. These coins will come from a 10% premine which will happen right before launch. We believe this is a perfect balance of keeping the premine low and being able to reach a large number of Australians. Many coins have used a 50% premine to cover up obvious scams, we want to have as fair as launch as possible and ensure that early miners are rewarded for their efforts.

Why only 100,000 Australians? There are over 22 million of us!
Ozcoins will be handed out on a first come first serve basis and the 100,000 Aussies to claim will be regarded as the early adopters. We believe this will be a sufficient amount of users to begin a push for mass adoption. Any coin using a 50% premine to say they are covering every citizen of a country is most likely a scam. We belive the 100,000 Aussies that will claim their Ozcoins will be tech savy individuals that will help the growth and spread the word.

How will this be funded?
We are a group of programmers and altcoin miners. We plan to mine Ozcoin on release much like everyone else. We want to make this one of the faireast altcoin launches possible while still using a premine to achieve adoption of a nation. We will also campaign for donations from our community to help with future projects.

Why POW/POS?
We wanted to Ozcoin to be an energy efficient coin. We also wanted to avoid the biggest issues that altcoins face, multipool dumps. Our goal is to distribute the coins fairly initianlly via POW mining which we think is perfect timing as scrypt asics have not been mass produced for the public yet, this means that anyone can be part of the mining phase and secure a good amount of Ozcoins.

When can I claim my coins?
Australians will be able to claim their Ozcoins on 10th of June 2014 via ozcoin.co. You will require a valid Australian mobile number to verify your application. Once approved, you will be rewarded with 26 Ozcoins.

Promo images:

MORE INFO @ WWW.OZCOIN.CO
hualehua

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I am looking for a dev!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:02:40 PM

Grin Grin Grin I AM THE FIRST.HALO BOYS AND GIRLS.LOL.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:05:06 PM

make it 50% per month PoS interest. Only then will I be interested.
varunsin

Activity: 376

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:06:30 PM

bring the timer here via giftimer or any other.
lq2157282

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:11:03 PM

Good coin!Come on dev.

GLCcoin. GTHMDxvciqq6hYaj5uGboHjwgWDi4cpnCY
eastwind_ja

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:12:25 PM

what is the BeiJing time when  launch?Huh??

eastwind_ja

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:15:30 PM

Premine 10% for distribution to 100,000 Australians    ,,let's say goodbye  ,make people away!

ibfragalot

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:20:34 PM

Fully sick mate!

Is there gunna be a box to tick for Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islanders?  We can claim twice the free coins yeah?

lq2157282

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:21:37 PM

Premine 10% for distribution to 100,000 Australians    ,,let's say goodbye  ,make people away!
but...the dev dont's premine 10% plz ,and U know the APHcoin What happened. Roll Eyes

hualehua

Activity: 252

I am looking for a dev!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:23:57 PM

Grin Grin Grin I AM THE FIRST.HALO BOYS AND GIRLS.LOL.
HALO OZCOIN
lq2157282

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:26:40 PM

but...the dev dont's premine 10% plz ,and U know the APHcoin What happened. Roll Eyes

You can premine 2%~4% as you upgrade and maintenance costs, but don't premine 10% or no one will believe airdrop the scam. Roll Eyes

lq2157282

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:29:59 PM

You can premine 2%~4% as you upgrade and maintenance costs, but don't premine 10% or no one will believe airdrop the scam. Roll Eyes

Can you see my suggestion?

TTM

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:33:40 PM

So there is two crypto for Australian ?
Ozcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:34:08 PM

bring the timer here via giftimer or any other.
Thanks for that, added.

Fully sick mate!

Is there gunna be a box to tick for Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islanders?  We can claim twice the free coins yeah?

haha unfortunately no but I believe that's fair in this case Smiley
Ozcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:58:43 PM

We will be mining and ourselves to cover development costs. We also hope for donations from the community to help with bigger causes. The 10% premine is for distribution to Australians, we believe it is a requirement to gain adoption and introduce new aussies to crypto in general.
lq2157282

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:15:25 PM

We will be mining and ourselves to cover development costs. We also hope for donations from the community to help with bigger causes. The 10% premine is for distribution to Australians, we believe it is a requirement to gain adoption and introduce new aussies to crypto in general.

I hope you can solicit the views of the majority of people, let more people willing to participate in.

nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:18:42 PM

How does this coin help me? Being aussie myself this kind of shit offends me. thinking you can make a coin and claim its for aussies when you only plan to dump.... what are you, a pathetic dole bludger who's been smokeing to much weed in the ghetto.. AKA the downs?
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:21:02 PM

I have a feeling there will be a pissing contest between ozcoin and ozziecoin.  Grin

Do you have a plan for distributing ozcoin?
liutiaoming1

Activity: 262

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:23:54 PM

I am coming

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
NASdaq

Activity: 304

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:26:34 PM

Strooth mate, this coin looks fair dinkum!
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:39:17 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 03:02:52 PM by Ozziecoin

I have a feeling there will be a pissing contest between ozcoin and ozziecoin.  Grin

Yeah, I think they are copying what we are doing - validating via mobile, except this one will favour mining much more. Not cool guys. I didn't think Aussies would copy other people's ideas outright.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:50:58 PM

Seriously, you guys had to choose the Southern Cross in your coin?  Awww, c'mon guys, you could've been a little more creative.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:35:42 PM

Seems like Australia really is in desperate need for some new cryptocoins.
Ozcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:48:59 PM

I have a feeling there will be a pissing contest between ozcoin and ozziecoin.  Grin

Yeah, I think they are copying what we are doing - validating via mobile, except this one will favour mining much more. Not cool guys. I didn't think Aussies would copy other people's ideas outright.
We have been working on this for over a month now. No offence, but we are not very impressed with the quality of your work. You don't see me on your moderated thread, let the people choose.
BTW "ozzie" is not a term we use in Australia. It is Aussie. You have already failed with the name lol.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:39:37 AM

We have been working on this for over a month now. No offence, but we are not very impressed with the quality of your work. You don't see me on your moderated thread, let the people choose.
BTW "ozzie" is not a term we use in Australia. It is Aussie. You have already failed with the name lol.

Mate, we are Australian.  I use ozzie all the time.  Reallly? You spent a month on your site.  I didn't expect that, I really couldn't tell.  Well done mate for originality - not.

I suppose you worked on launching on ANZAC Day like us for over a month as well? Good one guys.  Pull the other one will ya?

Ozcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:22:32 AM

Mate, we are Australian.  I use ozzie all the time.  Reallly? You spent a month on your site.  I didn't expect that, I really couldn't tell.  Well done mate for originality - not.

I suppose you worked on launching on ANZAC Day like us for over a month as well? Good one guys.  Pull the other one will ya?

No the website took under a day, there is much more to be done for a successful coin launch. In 28 years I have not seen or used the term "ozzie". Go back to your moderated thread mate and stay out of this one. Goodluck with *aussie* coin.
Hundsstern

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:02:12 AM

Ozziecoin = X11, no POS
OzCoin = Scrypt, POW/POS

OzCoin wins.
Ozcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:39:24 PM

Launch has been delayed until further notice. This decision was made to avoid confusion between Ozcoin and the other "ozzie" coin. Stay tuned for new date Smiley
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:35:43 PM

Launch has been delayed until further notice. This decision was made to avoid confusion between Ozcoin and the other "ozzie" coin. Stay tuned for new date Smiley

Ozziecoin launch was a total failure. So in fact today would be perfect for your launch.
lq2157282

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:17:18 PM

It's time to publish and outbreak!

lq2157282

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:19:55 PM

Come on boy,we need your this works!

Ozcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:29:57 AM

We delayed our launch to avoid confusion and as it turns out we we're right all along. The ozziecoin dev cannot even compile a windows wallet. I'm quite sure they just ruined they're coin with a complete failure of a launch. Stay tuned for the Ozcoin release date soon Smiley
ralexvalex

Activity: 256

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:04:48 AM

make it 50% per month PoS interest. Only then will I be interested.

Try Versioncoin, sha256
I am getting 100% every 10-12 days

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=478176.0
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:51:24 AM

I'm in Tassie and will take sides with Ozcoin. I thought about trying to claim Ozziecoin but then they talked about charging for claims and messed up the launch, and just reading Ozziecoin hurts my brain  Shocked

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:05:33 PM

whats gonna stop me from picking up a tonne of vodafone 2$ sims?
tygarbyte

Activity: 300

4mnth old Miner :-)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:12:26 PM

let me guess

australiacoin
ozziecoin
ozcoin

could have called it "anzacoin" then use donations for legacy.

I mine therefor I am Smiley - WIN : WcLLYcZfHQAMMVwiaAtMECZQh1YfCPw88g
spacecadet911

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:16:05 PM

Yeah I know.  It seems its easier to create a bullshit coin and exploit it.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 12:52:36 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 01:03:32 PM by Ozziecoin

We delayed our launch to avoid confusion and as it turns out we we're right all along. The ozziecoin dev cannot even compile a windows wallet. I'm quite sure they just ruined they're coin with a complete failure of a launch. Stay tuned for the Ozcoin release date soon Smiley

Awww, is somebody behind schedule?  So why didn't you release on Saturday, like the day after ANZAC day then?  

BTW, win wallet is working perfectly.  The issue had nothing to do with the win wallet.  It was to do with checkpointing.

Okay, I wish you guys luck with your coin.  More cryptos in the Aussie community the better for everyone.  Good luck!  (I'm not being sarcastic). 

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 12:53:42 PM

whats gonna stop me from picking up a tonne of vodafone 2$ sims?

Vodafone would certainly love you for it.   Smiley

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 01:00:46 PM

I'm in Tassie and will take sides with Ozcoin. I thought about trying to claim Ozziecoin but then they talked about charging for claims and messed up the launch, and just reading Ozziecoin hurts my brain  Shocked
Truth of the matter, we don't even need miners.  If you don't see what we do is a good thing for Australia, then don't mine us.  It's really okay with us. Also, with charges - people are getting 500 ozziecoins for a nominal amount of $3.30!!  That's less than coffee in most places, except maybe Tasmania. I'm sorry you are guys are doing it tough there.  However, facts are facts, it's cheaper to claim coins than setting up a mining rig. 

Ozcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:11:10 PM

Truth of the matter, we don't even need miners.  If you don't see what we do is a good thing for Australia, then don't mine us.  It's really okay with us. Also, with charges - people are getting 500 ozziecoins for a nominal amount of $3.30!!  That's less than coffee in most places, except maybe Tasmania. I'm sorry you are guys are doing it tough there.  However, facts are facts, it's cheaper to claim coins than setting up a mining rig. 
Why do you keep deleting my post on your thread ozziecoin? I see you like to participate in our thread but keep deleting what I have to say on yours.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 02:12:35 PM

Why do you keep deleting my post on your thread ozziecoin? I see you like to participate in our thread but keep deleting what I have to say on yours.
Because I don't want my forum filled pages of stuff that forum members have to wade through (see auroracoin). Look, I wish you guys all the best.  Have fun. Take it easy.  Hope you guys had a great long weekend.  Aussies shouldn't fight each other, especially on ANZAC weekend.

esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:47:19 PM

To be fair I don't think i've seen Australia referred to as either oz or ozzie since the 90's but instead Aus and Aussie so ya both fail in that regard.
Ozcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:52:17 PM

To be fair I don't think i've seen Australia referred to as either oz or ozzie since the 90's but instead Aus and Aussie so ya both fail in that regard.
Oz is used almost everywhere online for us, such as websites and forums. Websites such as ozbargain and almost every hobby based aussie forum has the word oz in it. It's not about Australia being to referred to as oz, it's just the most common term we use in our online presence.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 04:00:47 AM

Ozcoin eh?
https://ozcoin.net Bitcoin mining and https://lc.ozcoin.net Litecoin mining have been running almost 3 years, I can see some conflict here.
Did you even google Ozcoin before choosing your name?

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Bertram

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:06:43 AM

ozcoin will be  a coin for the long term.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 07:25:00 AM

Ozcoin eh?
https://ozcoin.net Bitcoin mining and https://lc.ozcoin.net Litecoin mining have been running almost 3 years, I can see some conflict here.
Ozziecoin did.  That's why we didn't use ozcoin out of respect for your mining pool.

Ozcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:48:28 PM

Ozcoin eh?
We did and considering they are not the same product we saw no issue. I have pmed you about this matter.

Ozziecoin did.  That's why we didn't use ozcoin out of respect for your mining pool.
I thought you weren't going to post here anymore. No one will follow your coin, you already showed your incompetence with the inability to create windows wallets for launch. You have shown that you have no idea what you are doing and you have doomed your coin's future already.
lq2157282

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:00:51 AM

The coin isn't launch? So long no movement yet Cry

hiter

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:07:08 AM

what is the BeiJing time when  launch?Huh??
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:10:14 AM

So, when is this launching?
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:29:50 AM

The current estimate for 2014 is 23,633,268 Australians

Why are only 100,000 Australians getting a Share ?
Ozcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:39:40 AM

So, when is this launching?
We will have a launch date soon Smiley

The current estimate for 2014 is 23,633,268 Australians

Why are only 100,000 Australians getting a Share ?
Because we do not plan to have an insane premine of 50%. Getting 100,000 Australians interested in Bitcoin let alone a new crypto-currency is no easy task. Our focus is on distributing the premine to the early adopter aussies which will help kickstart mass adoption.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 11:38:04 PM

Looks like a massive dump to me, the price is now 1 satoshi, how did this happen.

You people said that there are many australians holding these coins, did everyone dumped all at once?

Bitr8er

Activity: 233

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 01:32:25 AM

You should rebrand as Ozzie Ozborne coin.  It would do a lot better
Bitr8er

Activity: 233

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 01:33:52 AM

I am glad only Aussies can buy this coin.
igotek

Activity: 2058
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 04:12:45 PM

Old years coin but aikapool shows it as if it is new.  Smiley I was so excited till see this post.

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
NormDSR

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:36:13 AM

Hummm, 240 Million Shocked of the 23 million total supply of coins are for sale on cryptopia? Huh
Arhgus

Activity: 199

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 03:27:21 PM

any market?  Huh
babos8383

Activity: 728

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 07:16:42 AM

Hummm, 240 Million Shocked of the 23 million total supply of coins are for sale on cryptopia? Huh

This can't be happening. Most likely, the project has long been closed, and the coins are still sold, created a large number instead of the declared. Much has changed since 2014

▒██████████████████████▄▄▄
    ▐███████████████████████████▓▄
                         ▀▀███████▓▄
    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐███▄   ██████▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░  ▄▄  █████▌
    ▐██████████████████████▄▀██▄ █████▌
    ▓▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌    ▐█████
                        █████▌▐█▌ ▒████
                       ▓█████ ▐▀  █████
    ▐███████████████████████▀▄▄▄ ▐█████
    ▐█████████████████████▀ ▓██ ▐█████▌
    ▄                   ▄▄▄    ▓█████░