Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:41:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamspeculation  (Read 3381 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:10:02 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 01:03:00 PM by bitcoinsrus

I have read many posts from people on here that report their dreams about bitcoin speculation.  I wanted to start a thread so there was a place we could discuss dream speculation.

I'll start.  3/30/14 I had a dream the price was going back up.  Usually from past experiences it takes about a month to a month and a half for my dreams to "come true."
[I made a post about this dream in detail last week so check my history to read it in full detail]

I know some might want to bash me for this post, but I do feel this thread needs to be made because usually our gut instinct tells us everything.

I also had various dreams about bitcoin that (now looking back on it) seems spot on within 1-1.5 month (time frame)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: First comment seemed like an opened guy so I will try to explain another dream I had in the past.  I am not sure if it was late January to early February 2014.  I had a dream where I was telling someone's future and I just kept looking to the side.  I saw a bitstamp chart and I could not ignore the low price.  

A few weeks later, on February 25th, the price went below 500 (It was at sub 700 to 600 for a few weeks)  On 3/3/14 it goes back to over 650.  

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:13:04 PM

This is all new to me but I like the idea of discussing it and seeing what comes from it.  That way we can recognize how much weight this type of speculation carries.  I'm not gonna hold my breath on anybody's dreams but I'll follow along and keep an open mind.   Shocked
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:08:46 PM

Last night I had a dream that one of the senior managers for the client I work out was performing some unusual procedure on another guy who was having some kind of episode (medical emergency).

When I woke up bitcoin had done nothing.

Very suspicious if you ask me.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:29:05 PM

This is the most honest speculation thread I've encountered so far. Grin

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:33:24 PM

Dreams followed by indeterminate time ranges for them to come true?

Absolutely no chance of selection bias there...

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:02:05 PM

I had a dream the other night that BTC had reached $1300 and in my dream I was upset at BitchicksHusband for not selling any.  Then he said, "The price is $5500."  Then I replied "But that is almost half of $1300!"

So I learned that I am not good at math even when I am dreaming.

I still hope my dream comes true though. Smiley  I will even say that BitchicksHusband was "right" not to sell!  LOL  

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:06:44 PM

I have read many posts from people on here that report their dreams about bitcoin speculation.  I wanted to start a thread so there was a place we could discuss dream speculation.

I'll start.  3/30/14 I had a dream the price was going back up.  Usually from past experiences it takes about a month to a month and a half for my dreams to "come true."
[I made a post about this dream in detail last week so check my history to read it in full detail]

I know some might want to bash me for this post, but I do feel this thread needs to be made because usually our gut instinct tells us everything.

I also had various dreams about bitcoin that (now looking back on it) seems spot on within 1-1.5 month (time frame)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: First comment seemed like an opened guy so I will try to explain another dream I had in the past.  I am not sure if it was late January to early February 2014.  I had a dream where I was telling someone's future and I just kept looking to the side.  I saw a bitstamp chart and I could not ignore the low price.  

A few weeks later, on February 25th, the price went below 500 (It was at sub 700 to 600 for a few weeks)  On 3/3/14 it goes back to over 650.  

I went long Bitcoin yesterday strongly suspecting that an engineered break out to around $600 could be on the cards. I went long, with the 'intention' of getting a lucid Bitcoin dream. Whenever I get a lucid Bitcoin dream, it always comes good. Why I don't always adjust my positions accordingly is a whole other matter involving a whole other psychological cans of worms. To get a lucid dream, I generally have to be in a long position, or having just left a long position at a really shit time. The dreams/intuitions don't work with short trading. I will sleep well if my short position is getting slaughtered but get spooked out Bitcoin dreams if my position is going or just about to go 'platinum'.....I never have stuck around in any would be platinum short trade to reap anywhere near the full benefits of it. I have however stuck around in bad leveraged trade long enough to get absolutely fkn slaughtered to almost the full extent of market going in wrong direction though. I shall never short or touch leverage ever again (in theory).

I never ended up getting a Bitcoin dream, but still got some subconscious semi-dream like intuitions about it. These intuitions were of a mixed emergency state. I felt that Bitcoin was in a 'dangerous' state about to explode. I couldn't figure out whether it was going to explode to upside or downside. Ultimately, in my semi-dream state wanderings, I felt some pressing urge to exit my long position whilst all was still well, so I done just that, breaking even in the process (-$26). I dipped my toes in the water, didn't like the temperature and am now back sitting firmly in the bear camp (which I have never really left for more than 2 minutes anyhow since Jan 2014)

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:43:08 AM

I have some dreams now that are nothing but bitcoinwisdom charts with price movements. About 60% of the time, they are exactly correct with the exact price target and either they happen during the next day or I wake up to find that it had happened while I was sleeping. One time I even had a dream that it went up to exactly X and then fell to exactly Y, and then went to Z, and it came true.
MatTheCat

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:31:00 AM

I have some dreams now that are nothing but bitcoinwisdom charts with price movements. About 60% of the time, they are exactly correct with the exact price target and either they happen during the next day or I wake up to find that it had happened while I was sleeping. One time I even had a dream that it went up to exactly X and then fell to exactly Y, and then went to Z, and it came true.

On the one hand, that is awesome, especially if you have learned how to interpret them properly and act on them appropriately, although if you are getting actual price targets in your dreams that are then playing out, then I s'pose u dont need to do much interpretation. On the otherhand, if your head is that full of Bitcoin that your subconscious mind is churning out highly predictive dreams on a regular basis, your personality aint developing in other areas.

I will stick my neck out and say that if the general trend of my dreams hold true, then Bitcoin is going to be fkn slaughtered from here on out, regardless of any spikes or uptrends that come in between. On more than one occasion, I have been shocked in dreams to see Bitcoin hit double figures, only for it to very quickly recover right back up to mid treble digits and I have been having these sorts of dreams since when Bitcoin was still in 4 digits. I however don't usually take the precise details in dreams as solid facts. It is the message that is important, i.e. go long, or get the fuck out. With that in mind, $260 region would still be for me a very strong reversal target.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:47:43 AM

On the one hand, that is awesome, especially if you have learned how to interpret them properly and act on them appropriately, although if you are getting actual price targets in your dreams that are then playing out, then I s'pose u dont need to do much interpretation. On the otherhand, if your head is that full of Bitcoin that your subconscious mind is churning out highly predictive dreams on a regular basis, your personality aint developing in other areas.

I will stick my neck out and say that if the general trend of my dreams hold true, then Bitcoin is going to be fkn slaughtered from here on out, regardless of any spikes or uptrends that come in between. On more than one occasion, I have been shocked in dreams to see Bitcoin hit double figures, only for it to very quickly recover right back up to mid treble digits and I have been having these sorts of dreams since when Bitcoin was still in 4 digits. I however don't usually take the precise details in dreams as solid facts. It is the message that is important, i.e. go long, or get the fuck out. With that in mind, $260 region would still be for me a very strong reversal target.

I wish I had acted upon my earlier dreams lol.  Personally I spend as much as I can on the charts and forums.  Surprisingly, in the (almost) 5 months I been involved in bitcoin speculation, I only had literally 1-3 strong dreams about bitcoin.  Usually when I watch reruns of shows (sitcoms) or something I tend to get weekly visions of the next episode I eventually do end up seeing.

I am biased since I just got into btc and have yet to experience a boom (First day I saw bitcoin on stamp, it was like 1050-1150 range).  So I think my subconscious wants it to boom (just once).
You on the other hand have more experience (from past markets) and yes, it may go lower (from here on out followed by a quick recovery).  I don't know.  I am a noob and guess I just have to anxiously wait and see what happens in a few months to years.

I am not sure if it was you who said 800 was not the price to buy (but whoever that person was was 100% correct)  [And I like to see what the senior (type) members have to say on what they speculate the prices will be]
MatTheCat

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:03:53 AM

I am not sure if it was you who said 800 was not the price to buy (but whoever that person was was 100% correct)  [And I like to see what the senior (type) members have to say on what they speculate the prices will be]

Yep, I was amongst the minority of people telling you not to invest at $800 range.

You came bursting into the forum begging for forum members to persuade you dive all in at $820 and there was no shortage of 'advice givers' recommending that you do just that.

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:39:54 AM

fwiw I dreamed it went to $64 last night. I had a bunch of orders filled...

I was very disappointed this morning Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
TERA

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:13:40 AM

I have been having less and less dreams about bitcoin charts lately. The interpretation of this is probably that I am going to be quitting bitcoin trading, which I have been seriously planning lately and am only waiting for the bottom of this latest 1 month drop cycle to take my final position. I did have one dream about the retracements to $475 these past days which was accurate mostly.
MatTheCat

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:08:02 AM

I have been having less and less dreams about bitcoin charts lately. The interpretation of this is probably that I am going to be quitting bitcoin trading, which I have been seriously planning lately and am only waiting for the bottom of this latest 1 month drop cycle to take my final position. I did have one dream about the retracements to $475 these past days which was accurate mostly.

Where do you reckon Bitcoin is going to correct to? Mid-Higher $200 range? A price range where apparently it would be unprofitable to mine and which would endanger the integrity of the entire p2p network?

I suspect that when you get your 'final' position filled, that you will be watching Bitcoin very very closely. If Bitcoin were to drop into $100 range, it would only be history repeating itself.

TERA

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:13:42 AM

Where do you reckon Bitcoin is going to correct to? Mid-Higher $200 range? A price range where apparently it would be unprofitable to mine and which would endanger the integrity of the entire p2p network?

I suspect that when you get your 'final' position filled, that you will be watching Bitcoin very very closely. If Bitcoin were to drop into $100 range, it would only be history repeating itself.

I'm not hunting for the bottom. I'm just waiting for the next spike down. I don't know what the price will be; I just want some volume and a little uptrend on the daily chart to start. I don't want to buy right now right after all of these trends just went down. I'll have an easier time leaving once it's on the way back up and I'll have more coins too.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:13:12 PM

I'm not hunting for the bottom. I'm just waiting for the next spike down. I don't know what the price will be; I just want some volume and a little uptrend on the daily chart to start. I don't want to buy right now right after all of these trends just went down. I'll have an easier time leaving once it's on the way back up and I'll have more coins too.

Not to be a dick, but is that really a position you'll be happy with? Say we'll see another (mini) capitulation, and another attempted reversal. You'll be happy leaving the market 100% in btc when there's serious doubt whether it'll just be another failed attempt at breakout?

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
TERA

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:19:30 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 12:36:55 PM by TERA

Not to be a dick, but is that really a position you'll be happy with? Say we'll see another (mini) capitulation, and another attempted reversal. You'll be happy leaving the market 100% in btc when there's serious doubt whether it'll just be another failed attempt at breakout?
I didn't say I was leaving 100% in btc.

I'm keeping about 25% in BTC as my minimum long term holding investment, and removing the rest in fiat (which I'm already almost complete with). I may buy back in later with coinbase if I see a 1W MACD cross. So I will be reduced to checking the charts once a week.

This is more about my career as a software developer and my quality of life and sleep than about investing.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:45:34 PM

I didn't say I was leaving 100% in btc.

I'm keeping about 25% in BTC as my minimum long term holding investment, and removing the rest in fiat (which I'm already almost complete with). I may buy back in later with coinbase if I see a 1W MACD cross. So I will be reduced to checking the charts once a week.

This is more about my career as a software developer and my quality of life and sleep than about investing.

Makes sense.

Didn't really expect that you'd leave the market all-in anyway.

Still, I know I've vowed to myself several times that I'd give up "bottom hunting" and would just leave with my cold storage plus my eyes on some ultra-laggy-ultra-secure indicator signal to get into the game again, but it turns out to be a remarkably difficult decision for me to follow up on. I guess the perma-bullish conditioning of BTC is hard to break...

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:12:01 PM

its really hard to break. just today though i had this big urge to just sell up and wait for a reversal. the only thing that stopped me was FOMO. (call it greed if you like!) missing the black swan up would be financially worse then riding the slow decline to zero. even though emotionally its harder to do. so i hold on tight... and cry a bit inside every day...

knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:22:52 PM

I only have 1 dream about bitcoin ... I was in an island and I did found a bag of casascius, most of then was already redeemed .. but I found 2 loaded .. and the value was 75 and 15 btc ... I  think was my best dream regards bitcoin  Cheesy ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: