Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:36:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (WTS) Windows Keys That have been used?  (Read 839 times)
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 02:33:29 AM

I have some windows keys from laptops and netbooks that have been used but not anymore. Actually i have 1 windows 7 home prenium, Vista home i think, XP for netbook (should be starter) and i cant find another windows 7 Home pre and maybe XP.

So i wonder if those can be used from others or not and if anyone is interested...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rTech

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Trust but confirm!

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 02:41:18 AM

yes they can be re-used but usually u need to call "ms to get activation" thats easy part cause u can always say that you changed few parts. Hard part is to sell  serials cause you need to actually remove that sticker from bottom of your laptops and send it to buyer or its not worth a dime for buyer. No sticker no worth to buy...

just my few cents for topic Cheesy
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 02:48:32 AM

you generally can't use OEM keys on another computer.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 02:54:13 AM

So one says you can do it one says no :~

Anyway i am here and i have the stickers ofc. If anyone is interested indeed and can use it somehow i am eager to send the sticker first and then receive btc. If he has some messages here of course...

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 02:59:18 AM

OEM keys are not allowed to be transferred to another computer as per Microsoft EULA/licensing requirements.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 03:15:31 AM

mmm by searching on the subject i have to say i hate Microsoft with this idiotic monopoly on laptops and this bullshit with OEM keys. It actually means that you cant even upgrade your pc from what i am reading right now!

I also found out that there are branded keys. For example the XP Home Edition ULCPC for my s10-2 lenovo doesnt state anywhere OEM but only Lenovo. Does this means it can be used on Lenovo products maybe?

The 7 Home Pre OA for my Dell indeed seems to be OEM since it writes OA....

Anyway...Thanks for replies everyone Smiley
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 05:59:17 AM

No resale on OEM keys is so that keys get destroyed and lost and MS makes more money. However, it also prevents a double-spend attack: sell the key for bitcoins, then sell the computer with the OEM key sticker on Craigslist.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: