Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:00:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for altcoin to get involved in  (Read 1139 times)
blasthash (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:57:52 AM

Hit me with what you've got.

I'm looking for a good altcoin to get involved in mining, because trying to mine BTC nowadays is like donating to the power company at best, and LTC is starting to get like that as well (or, at least the last time I was here, about 5 months ago).

I'm not expecting to get rich overnight, just to make a few (and by few, I mean a few) good bucks off a coin that has good growth potential and still a low enough difficulty to be rewarding to me in a timeframe that won't see my grandchildren. I'm reapproaching some novel mining hardware (you may want to see my history of posts if interested) and can kick some power if the time comes.

Let me know your suggestions.
blasthash
Wilburbone

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:59:51 AM

Hashrate.org is going to be very profitable for 'mining' NXT.  And I can tell you the PoW probably isn't going to last long in general, so you should probably be 'mining' coins like Nxt that are PoS and going to have future success because of all the features.  The Asset Exchange will launch in about 18 days or so, and that's just the beginning.
blasthash (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 02:03:46 AM

Hashrate.org is going to be very profitable for 'mining' NXT.  And I can tell you the PoW probably isn't going to last long in general, so you should probably be 'mining' coins like Nxt that are PoS and going to have future success because of all the features.  The Asset Exchange will launch in about 18 days or so, and that's just the beginning.

I'm interested. Does NXT still have a low enough diff to be efficient on a small scale (i.e. small computer farm)?
Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 02:48:14 AM

I'm interested. Does NXT still have a low enough diff to be efficient on a small scale (i.e. small computer farm)?

One of the most interesting concepts behind NXT is that it is probably the greenest crypto currency, which at the moment is quite an under recognized part of our society. The reason for this is the mining protocol, when coins are being mined it's all based on Stake coins that are forged. NXT does not over exert energy resources just standard electricity and the process electricity that is created by the client, it does not special mining hardware or alternative equipment leading to less electrical consumption.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
blasthash (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 03:12:02 AM

One of the most interesting concepts behind NXT is that it is probably the greenest crypto currency, which at the moment is quite an under recognized part of our society. The reason for this is the mining protocol, when coins are being mined it's all based on Stake coins that are forged. NXT does not over exert energy resources just standard electricity and the process electricity that is created by the client, it does not special mining hardware or alternative equipment leading to less electrical consumption.

I'm interested, and I've already gotten a client for it/some seed coins.

Problem is though, how many coins would I have to purchase before the "mining"/forging becomes economical?

Any idea? My main concern is that because it requires seeder coins, I'll put in far more time and seeder money into making it profitable than is worth recovering.

blasthash
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:21:42 AM

Have you heard of multi-PoW coins?

Myriadcoin can be mined using SHA256, Skein, Scrypt, Groestl, OR Qubit (5 algos total)

Each algorithm is designed to receive 1/5 of total block rewards. Difficulties for each algorithm are independent of each other.

This means that SHA256 ASICs are only competing against SHA256 ASICs for 1/5 of the coins. At home miners on Groestl for example only compete with other Groestl miners for 1/5 of the coins.

It's an incredible new concept that can utilize ASICs for network security while still allowing rewards for the little guy.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
blasthash (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 04:04:51 AM

Myriadcoin can be mined using SHA256, Skein, Scrypt, Groestl, OR Qubit (5 algos total)

Each algorithm is designed to receive 1/5 of total block rewards. Difficulties for each algorithm are independent of each other.

This means that SHA256 ASICs are only competing against SHA256 ASICs for 1/5 of the coins. At home miners on Groestl for example only compete with other Groestl miners for 1/5 of the coins.

It's an incredible new concept that can utilize ASICs for network security while still allowing rewards for the little guy.

How much network utilization is on each algo, ballpark estimates for difficulties and yields?

I'm not someone with incredible compute power yet, nor do I have the expertise yet to set up miners for the other algos (Scrypt/SHA256, yes, the others, no) and would prefer to get started using some no-frills details. SHA256 though seems cannibalized, so I don't want to jump into something I'm not likely to see yields on.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 04:37:05 AM

How about Whitecoin? It's very new (a little of a week old) but a lot of people are watching this coin.
The PoW phase is ending like a day or so and then it'll be pure PoS but you'll still be able to mine at the multipools and get paid in WC.
Current price is around 1000 SAT but is expected to rise after PoW ends.

You can read more about WC here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568517.msg6192676#msg6192676
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:40:27 AM

How much network utilization is on each algo, ballpark estimates for difficulties and yields?

I'm not someone with incredible compute power yet, nor do I have the expertise yet to set up miners for the other algos (Scrypt/SHA256, yes, the others, no) and would prefer to get started using some no-frills details. SHA256 though seems cannibalized, so I don't want to jump into something I'm not likely to see yields on.

Take a look here for the current difficulties: http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/

One of the devs benchmarked the GPU algorithms (Skein, Groestl, Scrypt, and Qubit) to tell you how many coins you should get based on your normal SCRYPT mh/s.

The whole point of Myriadcoin is that if you mine Skein with your GPU, you are only competing against other Skein for Skein's 1/5 total Myriad block rewards. Each of the 5 algorithms are separate, so ASICs on SHA256 are only affected when more SHA256 miners jump on Myriad. Smiley

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:48:48 AM

Hashrate.org is going to be very profitable for 'mining' NXT.  And I can tell you the PoW probably isn't going to last long in general, so you should probably be 'mining' coins like Nxt that are PoS and going to have future success because of all the features.  The Asset Exchange will launch in about 18 days or so, and that's just the beginning.

Problem is though, how many coins would I have to purchase before the "mining"/forging becomes economical?

Any idea? My main concern is that because it requires seeder coins, I'll put in far more time and seeder money into making it profitable than is worth recovering.

blasthash

There is a difference between mining and forging in NXT.

You can use your existing sha256 and scrypt hardware to mine NXT via Hashrate.org.  Because NXT is a pure PoS currency, Hashrate.org mines PoW coins and sells them to purchase NXT.

Hashrate.org deposits your NXT into your NXT account and if you leave your NXT client running, you will start forging NXT.  The amount of NXT you receive from forging depends on the amount of NXT in your account and the level of activity on the network.  Here is a formula to help you determine you forging rate:

(NXT in your account) / 1,000,000,000 * (Blocks per day) * (Transaction fees per block)

Remember that transaction fees vary per block and the network is currently averaging 800 blocks per day.

We are expecting transactions to increase on the network upon the upcoming release of the Asset Exchange and decentralized multi-gateway.

Forging with Nxt is superior to mining because NXT uses no electricity and doesn't depreciate or become obsolete.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:42:29 PM

Hashrate.org is going to be very profitable for 'mining' NXT.  And I can tell you the PoW probably isn't going to last long in general, so you should probably be 'mining' coins like Nxt that are PoS and going to have future success because of all the features.  The Asset Exchange will launch in about 18 days or so, and that's just the beginning.

blasthash

You can use your existing sha256 and scrypt hardware to mine NXT via Hashrate.org.  Because NXT is a pure PoS currency, Hashrate.org mines PoW coins and sells them to purchase NXT.

Hashrate.org deposits your NXT into your NXT account and if you leave your NXT client running, you will start forging NXT.  The amount of NXT you receive from forging depends on the amount of NXT in your account and the level of activity on the network.  Here is a formula to help you determine you forging rate:

(NXT in your account) / 1,000,000,000 * (Blocks per day) * (Transaction fees per block)

Remember that transaction fees vary per block and the network is currently averaging 800 blocks per day.

We are expecting transactions to increase on the network upon the upcoming release of the Asset Exchange and decentralized multi-gateway.

Forging with Nxt is superior to mining because NXT uses no electricity and doesn't depreciate or become obsolete.

What is an average transaction fee or what is the average range of the transaction fees?
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:49:56 PM

Get in Coin2
BitSmacker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:51:03 PM

YellowCoin is best coin.
skylys

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:50:10 PM

+1,I agree with you.POW coins will be dead soon.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 02:27:29 AM

blasthash

What is an average transaction fee or what is the average range of the transaction fees?

The average transaction fee per block is 0.14 NXT.

Here are the statistics of the NXT network.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
kggservices

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:53:21 AM

The UKRA COIN is being introduced to the Ukrainian population as secondary currency, UKRA Coin will be controlled by the People of Ukraine and Market trading to estimate the value of Ukra Coins. We hope with the easy mobile payment solution that will be introduced alongside the Ukra Coin that Ukra Coin will be a part of Ukrainian person day to day living opposed to having to carry the devalued Ukrainian GRVN.

The Ukra Coin will not be influenced by the national economy or banking system and most of all the Ukrainian financial deficit.

The UkraCoin Project is a free & voluntary, opt-in crypto-currency, available to anyone that is over 18 years of age and is a Ukrainian National within Ukraine.

7 Billion Total UKRA Coin economy
2.8 billion Pre-Mined & Distributed
4.2 Billion Allocated for Network Mining
50 Ukra Distributed to Individuals
50 UKRA Distributed to Business's
Any unclaimed Ukra will be distributed to charities & Business start-ups or any other worthy cause found suitable
Bitcoin Key: Donations
1vbFm5pn4cinkvxzzYdMuUyphDEEvMDNk

Litecoin Key: Donations
Li4meGJzK9xyhE4CfZ6qTLYFGDMpw2rAqi

Ukra Coin is a Crypto coin designed to help boost the Ukrainian People economy as secondary currency and prepare the country for the future of commerce. Much like Aurora Coin of Iceland, Ukra Coin will be Pre-mine 40% of all coins to be distributed to all Ukrainian Citizens and businesses. In order to claim their Coins, the citizens will be required to submit their national ID. Coin distribution will be limited to a single Block per citizen or business amounting to 50 UKC (Ukracoin).
Key Facts
7,000,000,000 coins in total with 40% pre-mine (2,800,000,000 UKC pre-mined) difficulty retargeting to kick in after this pre-mine.
4,200,000,000 Coins available for general mining
Blocks to be 50 UKC each (173 blocks per hour, 4164 blocks per day) constant spaced over 50 years. This equates to about 8650 UKC per hour or 208200 per day.
Blocks will be spaced approximately 2.8 minutes apart. With the difficulty retargeting every hour.
SHA-256 based
Pre-mine Pool setup
Ukra Coin will be using Eloipool customised to work with UKC, and MPOS front end.
We will be recruiting miners to help with the Pre-Mine
They will be able to see how many UKRA they have pre-mined.
 The system will have withdrawals Disabled during the Pre-Mine period

Pre-mine loyalty program for the Miners that help with the Pre-Mine will be rewarded 0.1% of what they mined. Total of 2,800,000 Coins
In order to join the Pre-Mine Miners must agree to all terms including set rate set out in advance per UKC mined.

www.ukracoin.org

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MilambaS

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 10:20:44 AM

Try one of the new X11 coins that are starting to appear. Though at the moment only AMD GPU's miners are supported.
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:16:58 PM

Cinnicoin. Growing everyday.   Cool

Get in at the bottom. Then there is no need or reason to boost someone elses wallets value but rather your own!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:20:26 PM

you should have included what hardware you have to mine with otherwise you won't get a very good answer..

FUD first & ask questions later™
cowandtea

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:51:06 PM

Myriad coin, really liked the concept..

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: