Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:26:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your religious affiliation? (If any)
Christianity - 27 (23.7%)
Islam - 7 (6.1%)
Agnosticism - 18 (15.8%)
Atheism - 44 (38.6%)
Buddhism - 3 (2.6%)
Other - 13 (11.4%)
Hinduism - 2 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 114

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion Poll  (Read 5863 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:51:06 AM

I am god.  You are too.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 04:53:30 AM

I am god.  You are too.
Dank stop trolling.

I'm surprised that the majority voted for being an atheist.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 04:53:44 AM

I am god.  You are too.

I am a more powerful God than you and am calling down Hellfire and Brimstone, hookers infected with evil diseases, plagues of locusts, hordes of rats, herds of rabid deer and troops of enraged turtles on your house.

Suck it up!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:59:22 AM

I am god.  You are too.
Dank stop trolling.

I am not the one trolling.  We are conscious spiritual beings having a human experience.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 05:01:25 AM

I am god.  You are too.
Dank stop trolling.

I am not the one trolling.  We are conscious spiritual beings having a human experience.

Would you prove for me the existence of what is commonly called a "spirit"?

My $,02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 05:09:47 AM

My $,02.

Wink
How would you define existence? What does really exist? What is reality? How would you define a conscious spiritual being? What happens when I die, do I stop existing, even if I'm a spiritual being?
These are just a few questions that I ask from time to time.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 05:37:57 AM

My $,02.

Wink
How would you define existence? What does really exist? What is reality? How would you define a conscious spiritual being? What happens when I die, do I stop existing, even if I'm a spiritual being?

Okey, dokey!

Here's one that will keep you busy for a while.

Does it make any difference whether or not there is an external reality?

Have a nice day!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:44:12 AM

I am god.  You are too.
Dank stop trolling.

a lot of people say that though.. that's a proverb.

i don't think he's a troll anyways, just probably burned out on LSD or whatever he's taking  Cheesy .. though i'm not disagreeing with his statement.
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:49:27 AM

you forgot the jewish, not that I am.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:13:00 AM

We can look up this word anywhere:

ex·ist
verb (used without object)
to have actual being; be:

Another way of putting it: to exist is to have physical, material matter; to be subject to the senses.  What really exists are those things with matter.  Reality is all that which we experience with the five senses; reality is the space wherein things exist.  Anything which does not have physical matter exist as ideas, of which do exist, inside your brain, which is itself matter.  Ideas are physical matter, but what those ideas represent are not; in the same way, a DVD has matter, but the action-packed car scene the DVD streams does not, the images are representations of those things, i.e. the cars do not really exist except when they were filmed in reality.  The film beyond that is similar to your brain; the film exists, but what the film represents does not.

Spirits are defined as incorporeal i.e. without physical material, which as defined prior, must exist as ideas.  A spiritual being, then, is defined as an incorporeal corporeal object; in other words a paradox, it doesn't play ball with the rules we've defined for reality: it must either be corporeal i.e. being i.e. pertaining to reality, or incorporeal i.e. spiritual i.e. existing as an idea.  So when you die, you appear as a corpse to everyone else, but since your brain can no longer function to understand any idea, you become as nothing.  Therefore, the afterlife is arational: it is beyond our comprehension because we cannot experience it.  In other words, if it does exist, we'll never know, as it necessitates being unable to comprehend it to experience it, and since we cannot experience anything when we're dead, it's the same as it not existing.

With this in mind, remember that you have one life, no eternal afterparty and no mulligans, so get busy living Grin

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:28:42 AM

This forum is full of mad atheists.
Sorry Cheesy
Reuben

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:28:54 AM

Sorry Cheesy

What's mad about them?
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:32:18 AM

Sorry Cheesy

I'm sure these mad atheists could say the same about all the believers. I know which one to me sounds the most mad and it's not the atheists.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:02:25 AM

Any tengrists here?
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 11:35:31 AM

Christianity:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat an infected fruit from a magical tree.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:56:39 AM

Included in the others category. But Jews number far lesser when compared to Muslims or Christians.

This is the proportion of major religious groups in the world.

Christianity   - 31.5%
Muslim - 23.2%
Unaffiliated - 16.3%
Hindu   - 15.0%
Buddhist - 7.1%
Folk - 5.9%
Other   - 0.8%
Jewish - 0.2%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:00:01 PM

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 12:06:46 PM

Included in the others category. But Jews number far lesser when compared to Muslims or Christians.

This is the proportion of major religious groups in the world.

Christianity   - 31.5%
Muslim - 23.2%
Unaffiliated - 16.3%
Hindu   - 15.0%
Buddhist - 7.1%
Folk - 5.9%
Other   - 0.8%
Jewish - 0.2%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations
Now I may ask why Hinduism is not in the polling list when with 7.1% Buddhism is there Tongue

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:18:04 PM

Now I may ask why Hinduism is not in the polling list when with 7.1% Buddhism is there Tongue

Many reasons I think. Buddhism is a world religion, but Hinduism is more like an Indian religion. Also, Buddhism is a modern religion, based on a single prophet or preacher (just like Jesus in Christianity, prophet Mohammed in Islam), while Hinduism is a complex set of ancient and diverse beliefs. Buddhism is gaining a lot of followers world wide, through outreach activities. Hindus never believe in any outreach / missionary activity, and are normally against other people joining their religion (with some notable exceptions). Also, most importantly I heard that a Hindu can be an atheist as well.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 01:52:36 PM

Another way of putting it: to exist is to have physical, material matter; to be subject to the senses.  What really exists are those things with matter.  Reality is all that which we experience with the five senses; reality is the space wherein things exist.  Anything which does not have physical matter exist as ideas, of which do exist, inside your brain, which is itself matter.  Ideas are physical matter, but what those ideas represent are not; in the same way, a DVD has matter, but the action-packed car scene the DVD streams does not, the images are representations of those things, i.e. the cars do not really exist except when they were filmed in reality.  The film beyond that is similar to your brain; the film exists, but what the film represents does not.

Spirits are defined as incorporeal i.e. without physical material, which as defined prior, must exist as ideas.  A spiritual being, then, is defined as an incorporeal corporeal object; in other words a paradox, it doesn't play ball with the rules we've defined for reality: it must either be corporeal i.e. being i.e. pertaining to reality, or incorporeal i.e. spiritual i.e. existing as an idea.  So when you die, you appear as a corpse to everyone else, but since your brain can no longer function to understand any idea, you become as nothing.  Therefore, the afterlife is arational: it is beyond our comprehension because we cannot experience it.  In other words, if it does exist, we'll never know, as it necessitates being unable to comprehend it to experience it, and since we cannot experience anything when we're dead, it's the same as it not existing.

With this in mind, remember that you have one life, no eternal afterparty and no mulligans, so get busy living Grin
But how do you know that for example your phone is real? Your parents are real? Are they real?
The world is real, right? How do you know? The question is quite difficult.
Do we or will we ever know true reality? Are we stuck in a world in which the best we can do is be approximately true?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: