Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 10:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Bank Of America going to control BTC?
Yes - 2 (4.9%)
No - 34 (82.9%)
They will control a large % - 5 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank Of America monopolizing cryptocurrency!  (Read 1282 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:53:32 AM

Please share thoughts on this topic, It reminds me of the articles I have read that talked about J.P Morgan creating their own patented "BTC-like" system!

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:16:30 AM

Im not sure about BofA monopolizing BTC, they are usually behind the curve when it comes to be technology. I did use them at first to get money into btc, and I heard from a few people that they had problems with their Chase accounts not allowing btc transactions.

It is possible that they become the first major bank to publicly endorse btc. They may view it as a PR move to get their names back in the headlines as well as regain some market share. Most of the big money clients have gone to Wells Fargo by now, and BofA's customer service is the worst by far off all major banks.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:26:49 AM

That's the funniest thing I have heard this morning... Cheesy

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 05:28:37 AM

"Blockbuster video monopolizing file sharing!"

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:44:04 AM

Please share thoughts on this topic, It reminds me of the articles I have read that talked about J.P Morgan creating their own patented "BTC-like" system!

Is there a related recent news story, or are we commenting on your idea?
Just curious, I googled "Bank Of America bitcoin" and the top links are from last Dec.

ps. At least they have ATM's in many locations.  Cheesy

durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:57:58 AM

bank of america is a good bank and is everywhere. although i do not think they are going to monopolize the bitcoin world. i think if anyting . like bithappy said there hasnt been any news in over a year about these two

ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:13:24 AM

Im not sure about BofA monopolizing BTC, they are usually behind the curve when it comes to be technology. I did use them at first to get money into btc, and I heard from a few people that they had problems with their Chase accounts not allowing btc transactions.

It is possible that they become the first major bank to publicly endorse btc. They may view it as a PR move to get their names back in the headlines as well as regain some market share. Most of the big money clients have gone to Wells Fargo by now, and BofA's customer service is the worst by far off all major banks.

Is it some kind of bad joke..?...or just spreading rumors...with no merits ...

All the Info is fishy...or wrong...for example...Chase is a JPMorgan bank...Nothing to do with BoA...

"Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. "...on their website...

Enough said...
vnvizow

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:41:47 AM

They can't 'monopolize' cryptocurrency as a whole, please think before you post, and even if they created their own altcoin there must be something fishy that comes with it, most of the community won't use it even if it's made
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:54:12 AM

Plz support your post with some source...

FelixOliver

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:04:28 AM

"Blockbuster video monopolizing file sharing!"

This...

Bitcoin is the honey badger of money my friend. The honey badger that strolls carelessly into a den of Lions to set up camp..

There is no "monopolizing" Bitcoin at this point.... actually, at this point, it would be wise for the banks to concede and accept defeat as soon as possible... because in the very near future, a million of their worthless fiat bank notes won't even be sufficient enough to score them an ounce of crack rock from the dreaded pirate Roberts.

culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 10:35:58 AM

where do you get that info?
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:47:20 AM

Dude, seriously.

"their own" and "BTC-like" are mutually exclusive.

Stop de FUD already. Thank you.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:18:07 AM

Dude, seriously.

"their own" and "BTC-like" are mutually exclusive.

Stop de FUD already. Thank you.

That's not FUD. That fact. Banks are studying what to do, and they will do.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:15:17 PM

When (i.e. never) banks establish a trustless payment network that doesn't rely on banks, then we'll have something interesting to discuss. Until then, it's just more of the same.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:21:24 PM

I don't think that they can monopolize bitcoin. Only if they create more improved alt then bitcoin that would oust real bitcoin, then they could monopolize their own coin of course but that's very unlikely because  i don't think they could create something better than bitcoin and even control It.
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:24:04 PM

Your thread topic title says BOA monopolizing crypto then your actual post says JP Morgan is creating their own BTC-like system. You do realize BOA != JP Morgan right?
TopherB

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:56:16 PM

The idea of a bank making a currency that has no middleman (i.e. them) seems counterproductive if not an outright contradiction. If they can monopolize it it isn't 'BTC-like'
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:59:19 PM

how?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: