Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:28:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the insurmountable wall  (Read 2394 times)
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 10:22:57 PM

I'm not sure what to make of this either.  It's very strange.  bitcoincharts makes it look as though there a ton of selling going on, but it's really the other way around.  There's a lot of stealth buying - a surprising amount.  Makes me wonder if somebody knows something we don't.

Uh, that doesn't make a lot of sense logically. Every trade is buying and selling, the question is just how erratic the movements are at execution, and at what price it is executed at.

What I mean is that the price is overall trending down, but there are more and higher volume buys up into the asks than there are down into the bids.  The bid depth was shallower than the ask depth and so smaller volume sells into the bids moved the price further and in that direction despite lots of larger volume buys up into the asks.

I clung to nothing, in a way I was calm. But it was a horrible calm—because of my body; my body, I saw with its eyes, I heard with its ears, but it was no longer me; it sweated and trembled by itself and I didn’t recognize it any more.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: