Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:22:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SFC] SafeCoin - The Real Safecoin. May Launch  (Read 12918 times)
jjgallow (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:21:47 AM

© 2014 safecoin, All rights reserved.

http://www.safecoin.io/

Good luck, you will need with that name haha
http://www.markhound.com/trademark/search/8rvsaeGwV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jjgallow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:31:22 AM

"Safecoin will be theoretically and practically un-crackable."

What you're claiming is theoretically impossible, waiting for the whitepaper... but it looks like one of the more transparent scams, the same name as hyped up maidsafe, unrealistic claims, no proof, not even conceptual (I believe you came up with the name, and its unfortunate that they took it... but cmmon, its just a name, not even a good one at that). This makes it look like you just have the name and want to capitalize on it. Hope I'm wrong...

If you know its impossible...why are you waiting for the whitepaper???

How is this the same as maidsafe?   There is no IPO.  My marketing is next to none.   What do we share in common other than fhe name they copied?

Maidsafe wanted an investment on a highly marketed, poorly thought idea.

I want no investment, on a well thought out currency with no marketing and a great concept.

The names sound the same, because they are the same.   This is true.   You will need to get your head around this because that's where the similarities end.
damei

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:32:43 AM

"The world's first Quantum Computer - Proof coin."

good .I'm in

let it lauch!
wuhaitq

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:46:36 AM

Pow? of Pos?

I think real Safecoin better than safecoin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
caisheng

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:55:48 AM

Do not quite understand, and the other does not have what difference. Don't look very smart appearance, a closer look no characteristics. Huh

jjgallow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:04:03 PM

Your skepticism is warranted and understandable.   I am satisfied just that you see the value in the claims.   Truthfully....it will take a lot more than a whitepaper to satisfy most skeptics.   All in good time.
jdun

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:50:38 PM

5.    Pump and Dump Protection:

Wallet Addresses which show a 50% or greater loss of coins (ie., a dump) will experience a greater difficulty level when mining.

Wallet Addresses which show an accumulation of coins (good for the community) will experience a lesser difficulty level.

I am still WORKING on a contract implementation which allows users to lock their coins in long term (and possibly convert to leaps).  If implemented on launch, this will also strongly decrease mining difficulty.

I appreciate your attempt to prevent PnD, but practically speaking, once I had collected a sufficient quantity that I was ready to sell, then I might also be ready to stop mining, and thus I wouldn't care about "increased difficulty" that would come with dumping. Just a thought.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
jjgallow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 05:07:34 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 05:30:40 AM by jjgallow

5.    Pump and Dump Protection:

Wallet Addresses which show a 50% or greater loss of coins (ie., a dump) will experience a greater difficulty level when mining.

Wallet Addresses which show an accumulation of coins (good for the community) will experience a lesser difficulty level.

I am still WORKING on a contract implementation which allows users to lock their coins in long term (and possibly convert to leaps).  If implemented on launch, this will also strongly decrease mining difficulty.

I appreciate your attempt to prevent PnD, but practically speaking, once I had collected a sufficient quantity that I was ready to sell, then I might also be ready to stop mining, and thus I wouldn't care about "increased difficulty" that would come with dumping. Just a thought.

It's a really valid concern.  I've put a lot of thought into it, with regards to contract and derivative solutions.  I am still thinking about it.

The method does not prevent dumping the coin.   It Does mean, however, that miners who have a long term investment interest in the coin will also have a long-term competitive advantage in mining it.

It means that miners with a long-term interest in the coin should be able to gain a greater market share of the coin.

It means that miners with strictly short-term goals will be almost completely cut out of the market for this coin, and ultimately have little interest in it.

I could take the concept further, because you are right that it is not 100% pump and dump prevention.   I am just not sure if I should.  My feelling is that this measure is adequate at the stage for the coin.  For a mature coin like bitcoin, on the other hand, contracts and derivatives are needed.   I would almost rather let others iron this out, and fork it in a few years from now when it's necessary, perfected, and secure.
simonfromtheuk

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:09:12 PM

I'm in if its ok with u guys.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:17:31 AM

Just to clarify, as per the subject heading, the name of this coin continues to be "SafeCoin", the same as it has since January 2014 on first announcement.

I believe this is very clear in the subject.  I do not believe that it can be more clear.

It started as "SafeCoin".  It will continue to be called SafeCoin.  And if another 5 projects also decide to call themselves SafeCoin, this will Still be called SafeCoin.

And that is just how it is.  I realize some people will have invested in other projects that copied the name.   I can appreciate the concern, but the name is not changing.

That seems a bit immature; to stifle the adoption of your project because you don't want to change a simple name.
From a business perspective this is quite limiting.

5.    Pump and Dump Protection:

I am still WORKING on a contract implementation which allows users to lock their coins in long term (and possibly convert to leaps).  If implemented on launch, this will also strongly decrease mining difficulty.

How will these calculations be made? Once per day? per block? Couldn't I just reduce my wallet size (withdraw) 49% of my coins per day until most of them are gone (4 days).
Will these adjustments happen client-side?
Is this to be a closed source project then?
jjgallow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 07:15:28 PM

I'm in if its ok with u guys.

It is, if course  Smiley
jjgallow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 07:41:20 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 11:56:30 PM by jjgallow

TheMightyX,   the name is staying.  Maidsafecoin is yesterday's news.  Exchanges only recognise it as Maidsafecoin.   And the dump is underway.

Your idea to beat the system is creative, and you are welcome to try it  Smiley

But no, I have no plans to give people a step by step guide on how to beat it.

As per the posted timelines, the Source Code will be released on Memorial Day.  You should be able to mine the coin successfully then, even on a personal computer or laptop, right from full source code, and do nicely.

If you don't run a GPU or botnet farm, CPU mining will be available on mother's day to you.

I am prepared for a backlash when the coin is mineable in four days, but the source code is still a few days out.

However, I know that backlash will mostly be from GPU miners and botnet operators.   And I know why.

Even the most hardcore Open Source Enthusiast can handle a few short days delay of the source code release.

If you are concerned that I may implant a keylogger,  etc in the code, that is fair.  But you should be concerned about that with every coin, not just this one.  Releasing the source code has absolutely no impact on a DEV's ability to Scam you or deceive you on what is running on your computer.   Same with Whitepapers.   Asiacoin is the most recent of dozens of examples.

I am not asking for money or bitcoins.

I have trademarked the name, and made no attempt to hide my identity.   I would prefer that it not be splashed on these boards.    But I am a real person, and if you know what you are doing, you can find me.

Not many coins can say the same.   I have done my part to separate myself from the scams.

You are of course welcome to wait until Memorial Day.
jjgallow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:20:36 AM

Just a note, as the aim was to launch today:

There are still a few details to work out and it may be a bit longer before I generate the official genesis block and issue the coin.

I am Not premining it, this is just a small delay to make sure this is done right on launch.

cheers
wukelan

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:42:59 PM

wait wait
 i am in.

GET 100K FREE NBC.7356330717717484990
flanker782

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:49:01 PM

There are still a few details to work out and it may be a bit longer before I generate the official genesis block and issue the coin.

I am Not premining it, this is just a small delay to make sure this is done right on launch.

cheers

Is there a specific second launch date?
jjgallow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 05:04:37 PM

cheers

Is there a specific second launch date?

There will be, yes.   The launch date will be fair.   

I'll announce it shortly.  I intend to keep the complete source launch on Memorial day and it will be no later than then.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:36:17 PM

what happened? any news?
jjgallow (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 11:01:17 PM

what happened? any news?

The project has been delayed but not stopped.

Life pulled me away from it for a while, and when I came back, cryptocurrency had evolved.   

I'm currently hard at work re-writing some code, and working to ensure that I launch cutting-edge, as well as groundbreaking software.

More to come soon Smiley
safecoin

Activity: 35
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 04:11:58 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 07:19:49 AM by safecoin

Safecoin has launched!  

Cryptocurrency has come come to advance so quickly, that the concept behind this coin is now one of collaboration.

Safecoin starts off as a fork of Bytecoin.  However, this is done in a sustainable manner using forknote.  This ensures that the development of Safecoin constantly matches that of Bytecoin.

Will it always be a clone?  No.  Launching is just the first step on the roadmap.  I will be extending this coin past bytecoin, while still remaining compatible with their development, and updating the coin with their updates.   It will have everything bytecoin has, and more.

The economy around this coin is also safer, with a guarantee that one Safecoin will always have the value of one Bitcoin.

More to come...of course.

http://safecoin.org

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:22:18 AM

Safecoin has launched!   

Cryptocurrency has come come to advance so quickly, that the concept behind this coin is now one of collaboration.

Safecoin starts off as a fork of Bytecoin.  However, this is done in a sustainable manner using forknote.  This ensures that the development of Safecoin constantly matches that of Bytecoin.

Will it always be a clone?  No.  Launching is just the first step on the roadmap.  I will be extending this coin past bytecoin, while still remaining compatible with their development, and updating the coin with their updates.   It will have everything bytecoin has, and more.

The economy around this coin is also safer, with a guarantee that one Safecoin will always have the value of one Bitcoin.

More to come...of course.

http://safecoin.org
This new coin or coins that had existed before?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: